U should repost em in my Powerful Black Images 2.0 Thread in IllPix

Those are Kola boof's pictures,I shoulda put this whole thread in illpix
  • BanjeeFish
    BanjeeFish Members Posts: 308
    edited January 2012
    Options
    c1up wrote: »
    Props sir although I doubt they ackowledge themselves as black sad to say

What's even worse are the "Afrocentric" Black Americans who's actions imply that we are supposed to be so proud of the fact that Black Africans inhabited the area we call Egypt.

As Black Americans, most of our ancestors came from West Africa. Most of our ancestors were illiterate, sacrificing chickens and goats - not creating mathematics. Shouldn't we still be proud and dignified?
  • Elephants
    Elephants Members Posts: 26
    edited January 2012
    Options
    BanjeeFish wrote: »
    What's even worse are the "Afrocentric" Black Americans who's actions imply that we are supposed to be so proud of the fact that Black Africans inhabited the area we call Egypt.

As Black Americans, most of our ancestors came from West Africa. Most of our ancestors were illiterate, sacrificing chickens and goats - not creating mathematics. Shouldn't we still be proud and dignified?

What's wrong with Blacks being proud that Blacks ruled Egypt? Are you saying that AA should have just as much pride in West African history?
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options

you is a damn lie, that's the biggest lie the white man ever told you, you never heard of the great rich, powerful kingdoms which brought algerba and others from west africa?
  • BanjeeFish
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Elephants wrote: »
    What's wrong with Blacks being proud that Blacks ruled Egypt? Are you saying that AA should have just as much pride in West African history?

I'm saying that Black Americans should have MORE pride in West African history. Chances are, as a Black American, my ancestors never stepped foot on the land we call Egypt, Kmt, or whatever. Or if they did, they were mere slaves.

My point is that the whole Egypt thing reeks more of grandiosity than genuine pride and self-esteem. "I'm not a ? ! I come from Kings and Queens!" Well, even if I come from yam farmers, I'm STILL not a ? and I am just as valuable as any other human being walking this earth.

That's my only beef.
  • BanjeeFish
    edited January 2012
    Options
    waterproof wrote: »
    you is a damn lie, that's the biggest lie the white man ever told you, you never heard of the great rich, powerful kingdoms which brought algerba and others from west africa?

No I have not. But I love to learn. If this is true, I want to learn. Please provide info with credible sources.
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I'm saying that Black Americans should have MORE pride in West African history. Chances are, as a Black American, my ancestors never stepped foot on the land we call Egypt, Kmt, or whatever. Or if they did, they were mere slaves.

My point is that the whole Egypt thing reeks more of grandiosity than genuine pride and self-esteem. "I'm not a ? ! I come from Kings and Queens!" Well, even if I come from yam farmers, I'm STILL not a ? and I am just as valuable as any other human being walking this earth.

That's my only beef.

( please don't take it wrong i mean no disrespect and if i comes off that way whole heartedly i ask apologize)

And i agree with you but we need not to buy into the white man myth that we have bones in our nose and plate in our lips that was told to our ancestors for many of thousands of years and was beat into our heads that kids see on loony tunes.

we should know about our ancestors great military, great library's cities like timbuktu and other great civilizations and marvel citys of west africa.

yes my ancestors from west africa that came there when the romans invade our home in jersualem.

and you right there is alot of brother and sisters need a feel of worth and would run to egypt but in west africa our ancestors have world famous and great kingdoms
  • Elephants
    edited January 2012
    Options

That's my only beef.

But you did come from Kings & Queens. I find that Blacks all over the world have knowledge about their roots where those in America don't. You're right that your ancestors didn't rule Egypt, but there were kingdoms in W. Africa that AA should be proud of.
  • BanjeeFish
    edited January 2012
    Options
    But you did come from Kings & Queens. I find that Blacks all over the world have knowledge about their roots where those in America don't. You're right that your ancestors didn't rule Egypt, but there were kingdoms in W. Africa that AA should be proud of.

But that doesn't mean that any of YOUR (or my) ancestors were kings and queens. Maybe so, maybe not. Shouldn't you be proud of your ancestors no matter what? Even if they on the bottom of the totem pole? Why do our ancestors need to be "fabulous" in order for us, or anybody else, to respect them and what they contributed to life?
  • BanjeeFish
    edited January 2012
    Options
    waterproof wrote: »
    ( please don't take it wrong i mean no disrespect and if i comes off that way whole heartedly i ask apologize)

And i agree with you but we need not to buy into the white man myth that we have bones in our nose and plate in our lips that was told to our ancestors for many of thousands of years and was beat into our heads that kids see on loony tunes.

we should know about our ancestors great military, great library's cities like timbuktu and other great civilizations and marvel citys of west africa.

yes my ancestors from west africa that came there when the romans invade our home in jersualem.

and you right there is alot of brother and sisters need a feel of worth and would run to egypt but in west africa our ancestors have world famous and great kingdoms

But the thing is, many of our ancestors DID have bones in their noses and clay plates in their lips and earlobes. ? , many people in Africa STILL look like that - today! Why should we be ashamed of that? We should be PROUD of it.

And you ancestors ended up in West Africa because the Romans pushed them out of Jerusalem? Are you serious? That sounds kinda crazy, no offense. How do you come to such a conclusion. It sounds like another attempt at resorting to false grandiosity to support a contrived sense of pride. It's like, underneath it all, you are saying that we would be more legitimate if we had roots in Jerusalem. How sad is that? Where is the pride in such a way of thinking? ? JERUSALEM.

Like I said, my ancestors were probably sacrificing goats in the name of Shango, raising cattle, and farming root vegetables. They are STILL worthy of respect, pride, and awe - just as I am, today.

That's all I'm sayin...
  • KingJamal
    KingJamal Members Posts: 20,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options

U don't know wtf ur talking about

? ur ? self

And just FYI After tons of invasions of Ancient Egypt many fled to West Africa. Thats why there was a population boom there. Read Exiled Egyptians if u don't believe me. "Most of our ancestors were illiterate" u sound like a dumb ? . Please keep your mouth shut.

Obviously don't know about West African Kingdoms
  • Elephants
    edited January 2012
    Options
    But that doesn't mean that any of YOUR (or my) ancestors were kings and queens. Maybe so, maybe not. Shouldn't you be proud of your ancestors no matter what? Even if they on the bottom of the totem pole? Why do our ancestors need to be "fabulous" in order for us, or anybody else, to respect them and what they contributed to life?

Yes, we should.

My father didn't run for President but I was proud when Obama became President. Your right, your bloodline might not be that of Kings & Queens (tho you never know) but what those Kings & Queens were still your people. Embrace every part of your history is all I'm saying.
  • BanjeeFish
    edited January 2012
    Options
    KingJamal wrote: »

? ur ? self

And just FYI After tons of invasions of Ancient Egypt many fled to West Africa. Thats why there was a population boom there. Read Exiled Egyptians if u don't believe me. "Most of our ancestors were illiterate" u sound like a dumb ? . Please keep your mouth shut.

Instead of calling me names, why don't you just enlighten me?

Like I said, I love to learn. Share information with credible sources. Where is the written word by our ancestors, pre-colonial, pre-arab invasion?

And where is ANY proof, whatsoever, that YOUR ancestors (if you are a Black American with slave roots) ever stepped FOOT on the land that we now call Egypt?
  • Elephants
    edited January 2012
    Options

? ur ? self

She's not alone, many AA believe they came from Tarzan-like people who were uncivilized and spoke in *clickclack* noises until the whites came & "saved" them. Its a common belief in America because who in the school system actually tries to teach AA students anything beyond Harriet & MLK?
  • BanjeeFish
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Yes, we should.

My father didn't run for President but I was proud when Obama became President. Your right, your bloodline might not be that of Kings & Queens (tho you never know) but what those Kings & Queens were still your people. Embrace every part of your history is all I'm saying.

True dat. And as human beings, ultimately, we ALL share common ancestors. We all are part of the entire planet and the entire planet is apart of all of us. We shouldn't limit ourselves.
  • BanjeeFish
    edited January 2012
    Options
    She's not alone, many AA believe they came from Tarzan-like people who were uncivilized and spoke in *clickclack* noises until the whites came & "saved" them. Its a common belief in America because who in the school system actually tries to teach AA students anything beyond Harriet & MLK?

Please DO NOT put words in my mouth. In no way, WHATSOEVER, have I implied that white man "saved" our ancestors. And notwithstanding our technological and scientific progress, I do not consider us any more "civilized" than our ancestors were. And just because most of our ancestors had no strong written language system, it doesn't make them any less intelligent or creative. It just means that their energies were focused on the skills and knowledge needed for their survival, in particular.
  • KingJamal
    KingJamal Members Posts: 20,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options

Like I said, I love to learn. Share information with credible sources. Where is the written word by our ancestors, pre-colonial, pre-arab invasion?

And where is ANY proof, whatsoever, that YOUR ancestors (if you are a Black American with slave roots) ever stepped FOOT on the land that we now call Egypt?

I don't have time to sit here and educate u

U want written word??? Go research Timbuktu. And while ur at it Go research the Ghana Empire, the Mali Empire, and the Songhai Empire. Did u know there were Africans that set foot in the Western World b4 Europeons. Go research and u might learn something. And wtf u mean proof that my ancestors stepped foot in Egypt? U think I can figure that ? out. I said after many invasions of Egypt Many fled to West Africa and there parts of there customs spread. Go read a book
  • Elephants
    edited January 2012
    Options

I mean no disrespect when I say this, but....why havent you already begun? We are living in a time when all info is very accessible. Hit up that Google and begin your research. Allow your curiosity to motivate you. We are here to grow.

You can start with the Mandinka Kingdoms of Mali (first that came to mind, lol).
  • beenwize
    beenwize Members Posts: 2,024 ✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options

? ur ? self

true... the Ancient Egyptians did travel to west africa after repeated invasions of white hyksos who became the modern day Jews. And some of the images this guy is posting are mixed seeds. the Ancient Egyptians thousands of years ago were black and wooly haired.
  • Elephants
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Please DO NOT put words in my mouth. In no way, WHATSOEVER, have I implied that white man "saved" our ancestors. And notwithstanding our technological and scientific progress, I do not consider us any more "civilized" than our ancestors were. And just because most of our ancestors had no strong written language system, it doesn't make them any less intelligent or creative. It just means that their energies were focused on the skills and knowledge needed for their survival, in particular.

Lol, I didn't mean you specifically, I meant the general view of Ancient W. Africa by AA. When I said "shes not the only one" I meant not the only one to not know about W. African history. Sorry if I offended you, meant no such thing
  • BanjeeFish
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I mean no disrespect when I say this, but....why havent you already begun? We are living in a time when all info is very accessible. Hit up that Google and begin your research. Allow your curiosity to motivate you. We are here to grow.

You can start with the Mandinka Kingdoms of Mali (first that came to mind, lol).

I'm still waiting for somebody to provide me with credible proof that sub-saharan west africa had a written language, pre-colonial, pre-arabic/islamic invasion. That's all I ask. No name-calling or any of the extra, unnecessary ? .

I WANT to learn more. Really. I just don't want conclusory ? .
  • stillmatic_01
    stillmatic_01 Members Posts: 113
    edited January 2012
    Options

? ur ? self

West Africa was analphabet

The claims that Ancient Egyptians fled into West Africa is Afrocentric mythology for the most part.

I've read Gadalla's book.

Wst Africans do not come from Egypt.

Just because something is put in a book doesn't make it true. When claims are being made you need to examine the methodology used to arrive at that particular conclusion.

As far as West African Kingdoms that is not something to be proud of or seek to replicate. The Asante, Aro, Dahomey, Mali, Oyo and Sokoto were brutal dictatorships led by people who collaborated in the trafficking of Africans into slavery. I'm from West Africa (Ghana), where we still have the descendents of these kings,chiefs, sultans & emirs. Most of them are corrupt..them along with politicians are working together with foreign governments to keep us poor, ignorant and dependent.
  • stillmatic_01
    stillmatic_01 Members Posts: 113
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I'm still waiting for somebody to provide me with credible proof that sub-saharan west africa had a written language, pre-colonial, pre-arabic/islamic invasion. That's all I ask. No name-calling or any of the extra, unnecessary ? .

I WANT to learn more. Really. I just don't want conclusory ? .

c/s

I'm Ghanaian nobody in West Africa had a written language prior to contact with Arab Jews and Arab Muslims.

Nobody on this board is going to be able to provide you with what you are asking for because it does not exist.

West Africans never had a written langauge and were for the most part illiterate and this is one of many reasons why the Islamicization and European colonization of West Africa was so successful.
  • BanjeeFish
    edited January 2012
    Options
    c/s

I'm Ghanaian nobody in West Africa had a written language prior to contact with Arab Jews and Arab Muslims.

Nobody on this board is going to be able to provide you with what you are asking for because it does not exist.

West Africans never had a written langauge and were for the most part illiterate and this is why the Islamicization and European colonization of West Africa was so successful.

Thank you so much. In one post, you provided such enlightening information - and without calling anybody names or going psychotic.
  • harlem hustla
    harlem hustla Members Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    197510_10410272_9d49ac8d57_jpgc023ae41d12688ff51524e1a4377b4cf.jpg
    195041_temple-of-philae_jpge16d0bae7f4bab66a80dc7e91b10934719.jpg
    195716_10_gall_13_jpga354933c5fe83629e876a2983d1fcf5d.jpg