Did Chris Brown sobbing like teenage girl save his career...

Options
stringer bell
stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2010 in R&B & Alternatives

Comments

• Yung_Souf_Money
    Yung_Souf_Money Members Posts: 4,019 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I guess it broke the barriers,with people we all make mistakes

maybe people will forgive him now
  • harry knucklez
    harry knucklez Members Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Great performance tho. I guess they owed it to him since they fronted on him last year
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I think they finally got it right and let him do his thing. I think those tears was part the Rhianna situation and part MJ's death and I think that he was overwhelmed with the fact that he was actually on stage in front of his peers again. It was too much for him, I like what Jermaine said when he was introducing him he said, "There Is One Person, One Tribute That We Haven't Seen Yet", The Jacksons family gave him a chance, that's something Mike would have done.
    They need to let Chris get back to what he loves to do, stop blackballing the ? and Rhianna is falling off already, her shows are half full, getting canceled and her popularity is dying down now, people getting tired of her all ready.
    At the beginning of last year, Chris was on top of the world, towards the end of the year, he was being blackballed.
    I'm happy he is getting another chance and I think that was childish of Jay-Z, Beyonce and Rhianna for not showing up.
  • shadb33
    shadb33 Members Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    ? need to man up
  • almighty breeze
    almighty breeze Members Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    south4life wrote: »
    I think they finally got it right and let him do his thing. I think those tears was part the Rhianna situation and part MJ's death and I think that he was overwhelmed with the fact that he was actually on stage in front of his peers again. It was too much for him, I like what Jermaine said when he was introducing him he said, "There Is One Person, One Tribute That We Haven't Seen Yet", The Jacksons family gave him a chance, that's something Mike would have done.
    They need to let Chris get back to what he loves to do, stop blackballing the ? and Rhianna is falling off already, her shows are half full, getting canceled and his popularity is dying down now, people getting tired of her all ready.
    At the beginning of last year, Chris was on top of the world, towards the end of the year, he was being blackballed.
    I'm happy he is getting another chance and I think that was childish of Jay-Z, Beyonce and Rhianna for not showing up.

a whole lot of assuming u jus did there
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Smart move by Breezy
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Best tribute to mj thus far
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    @almighty breeze

Why U Say That?
  • bugsy0911
    bugsy0911 Members Posts: 373
    edited June 2010
    Options
    On the real, has anyone ever seen MTV's Sweet Sixteen with Chris Brown? The kid lost his mind when he thought MJ was on the phone to wish him a happy birthday. The kid's been waiting a year to pay homage to his idol. He called last year's tribute "wack" saying they messed up their own show because they didn't want to include him. All that emotion had to weigh heavily on the Kid. The tears were part excitement, part sadness, and part "? you, I'm still standing." I can't hate on the kid for that.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Perfect time for him to come back though after he was blackballed last year...

Who won?... Hope he's learnt that ? killz
  • Soulljah T
    Soulljah T Banned Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Beating women is NOT a mistake, abuse is NOT a mistake, what that ? did to her face is NOT a mistake, it's a disease, a huge insecurity, power and control issue within oneself that you need years of self persistence and therapy to fix. It's a cycle that repeats itself. ? ? American idiots thinkin' abuse is a mistake....LOOK UP THE DEFINITION FOR THE WORD MISTAKE YOU DUMBFUCKS.

What he did at the awards was not remorse, it was not human or heart, where was this heart when he beat her? Where was this human when he completely bashed her ? face in? Where was this remorse when he repeatedly beat her while threatening to ? her? Where was this genuinity when he was interviewed afterward with fake, emotionless apologies and 0 accountability? WHERE WAS ALL OF THAT THEN CHRIS? NOW he wants to act like he's sorry after he's refused entry into London, NOW he wants to act "human" when he is forbidden to shows, NOW he wants to act "accountable" and cry his ? ass off when his sells plummet. NOW HE GIVES A ? ABOUT WHAT HE DID TO THAT GIRL.

Him crying was a business move and only that. He is fading away into nothing ness and needs to get back into things so that he can make money again, gain fans again. ? shoulda thought bout that before you Ike Turnered the ? . He saw the awards as a means to shine and redeem himself and now, America being the gullible, woman-beating accepting, celeb-ass-kssing country they are, naturally believes him now, actually have the audacity to say abusing a chick like that was a "mistake" and NOW we all like Chris BROWNHER again, we all feel sorry for CHRIS BROWNHER now that he's cried like a fake, selfish transparent evil ? ? he really is. America may be ignorant of what a mistake means, of how serious abuse is,

but I'M NOT FOOLED, CHRIS BROWNHER.
  • BlaqueHoney01
    BlaqueHoney01 Members Posts: 390 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
  • Nthngis4vr
    Nthngis4vr Members Posts: 2,171 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I never stopped liking chris brown's music. It is very wrong what he did to her but he paid his debt to society.

I believe that if those pics didn't come out, his career would have been back on track. This performance just might be the turning point that he needed. Hell Ike Turner went on to be inducted into the HOF and won a grammy.
  • bugsy0911
    bugsy0911 Members Posts: 373
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Soulljah T wrote: »
    Beating women is NOT a mistake, abuse is NOT a mistake, what that ? did to her face is NOT a mistake, it's a disease, a huge insecurity, power and control issue within oneself that you need years of self persistence and therapy to fix. It's a cycle that repeats itself. ? ? American idiots thinkin' abuse is a mistake....LOOK UP THE DEFINITION FOR THE WORD MISTAKE YOU DUMBFUCKS.

What he did at the awards was not remorse, it was not human or heart, where was this heart when he beat her? Where was this human when he completely bashed her ? face in? Where was this remorse when he repeatedly beat her while threatening to ? her? Where was this genuinity when he was interviewed afterward with fake, emotionless apologies and 0 accountability? WHERE WAS ALL OF THAT THEN CHRIS? NOW he wants to act like he's sorry after he's refused entry into London, NOW he wants to act "human" when he is forbidden to shows, NOW he wants to act "accountable" and cry his ? ass off when his sells plummet. NOW HE GIVES A ? ABOUT WHAT HE DID TO THAT GIRL.

Him crying was a business move and only that. He is fading away into nothing ness and needs to get back into things so that he can make money again, gain fans again. ? shoulda thought bout that before you Ike Turnered the ? . He saw the awards as a means to shine and redeem himself and now, America being the gullible, woman-beating accepting, celeb-ass-kssing country they are, naturally believes him now, actually have the audacity to say abusing a chick like that was a "mistake" and NOW we all like Chris BROWNHER again, we all feel sorry for CHRIS BROWNHER now that he's cried like a fake, selfish transparent evil ? ? he really is. America may be ignorant of what a mistake means, of how serious abuse is,

but I'M NOT FOOLED, CHRIS BROWNHER.

Not to take anything away from your emotion or the severity of what he did but you have to walk a mile in a man's shoes before you can understand his actions. I don't look at any situation as being one sided and nothing justifies what he did but there are two sides to every story. When I was young I was in a volatile relationship with a woman that included physical violence; including having a knife pulled on me and punching a young woman I loved very much in the face. The volatility stemmed from our insecurities and dealing with adult responsibilities when we were barely out of our teens. Mistakes were made and we both learned from them. 10 years later I am an adult, married to that same woman and expecting our first child. Mistakes happen in life. Especially when you're young and inexperienced in dealing with emotions and insecurities. Real or publicity stunt, you have no right to vilify Chris Brown the way you have in your post. Again, I don't condone domestic violence or violence against any individual but I'm not a hypocrite. I, like you and everyone else, have made mistakes and deserve the opportunity to make amends and learn from our mistakes and put the past behind us. What I saw from Chris Brown was a talented individual and I hope that conversations in the future are of him as a talented artist an not as a villain in a very familiar teenage love story.
  • Soulljah T
    edited June 2010
    Options
    bugsy0911 wrote: »
    Not to take anything away from your emotion or the severity of what he did but you have to walk a mile in a man's shoes before you can understand his actions. I don't look at any situation as being one sided and nothing justifies what he did but there are two sides to every story. When I was young I was in a volatile relationship with a woman that included physical violence; including having a knife pulled on me and punching a young woman I loved very much in the face. The volatility stemmed from our insecurities and dealing with adult responsibilities when we were barely out of our teens. Mistakes were made and we both learned from them. 10 years later I am an adult, married to that same woman and expecting our first child. Mistakes happen in life. Especially when you're young and inexperienced in dealing with emotions and insecurities. Real or publicity stunt, you have no right to vilify Chris Brown the way you have in your post. Again, I don't condone domestic violence or violence against any individual but I'm not a hypocrite. I, like you and everyone else, have made mistakes and deserve the opportunity to make amends and learn from our mistakes and put the past behind us. What I saw from Chris Brown was a talented individual and I hope that conversations in the future are of him as a talented artist an not as a villain in a very familiar teenage love story.

First of all, I have every RIGHT to share my opinion, which are also facts. I have every right to have an opinion, and being a public forum where everyone else is posting their oh so foolish pity for the animal, I have just as much right to post the facts of mine. So with that said, what is there to understand about a man who messes up a woman's face the way he did her's? Let's forget he's "Chris Brown" and that she's 'Rihanna", and remember that they are human beings like the rest of us who get oppressed for beating like the way he beat her. What is there to understand about a man who beats the ? out of a woman? The only sensical thing you should have said was that "well who knows, she may have threatened his life, so we need to put ourselves in his shoes and understand." Well he WASN'T threatened and she DIDN'T try to killl him, she was attacked and he was the attacker, & who cares what she did because LOOK AT HER FACE. Do not justify abusing a woman when you can choose to keep your hands to yourself or fall back, THE ? KEPT GOING AT HER, LOOK AT HER FACE. And I have already established the factthat abusing a woman like that is NOT a mistake....DAMNIT this is why there's so much abuse in America because y'all ? don't understand the deep, severity of abuse, the psychological roots, the REAL cause & issue. A mistake is small like when you knock over something by accident and break it. DID CHRIS BROWNHER ACCIDENTLY DEFORM THAT ? 'S FACE OR DID IT MAGICALLY GET THAT WAY?

Abuse is NOT a mistake, we need to understand THAT. Stop saying it's a mistake. Look at what he did, the fact that he grew up in an environment like that, and he chooses to be like his father, he CHOOSES to carry out what his father was, that's his disease, he LOST the battle to falling victim to the cycle that is abuse in American families. He LOST. He is now his father, he is the abuser, the animal that lives inside an abuser, and you saw it with her face, you saw it with his emotionlessness and lack of accountability, ingenuinity until now when he's assed out in result of his foolishness. He doesn't genuinely care about who he has become, what did and what he is going to continue being like, all he cares about is his image/career. ? HIM. I LOVE this, I hope he suffers a long time & dies in his pop-whiney-voiced-mj-wannabe-lilbitchkid ? he called a "singing career".
  • NastyNasty
    NastyNasty Members Posts: 747 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Souljah, nice to see a young woman who stands up for abused woman. It seemed most of Chris Brown's female fanbase pretty much forgave him from the jump. A lot of young girls will make excuse after excuse for abusers. It's disturbing. They buy into all the lies that would-be abusers and accomplished abusers tell them.

I mentioned in another thread Chris Brown's new image as a "sensitive thug" is what so many young women adore. A man who will abuse them,but then cry about it later. It's the save-a-thug mentality. Now, I'm not blaming women and I know you got on me about that before. I'm just saying many young women are too forgiving. Some were actually saying after the incident --- "Well, Rhinanna musta did something to set him off." That is a damaged mindset to think anything a woman says or any little thing she can conjure up physically, would ever warrant such a vicious beating.
  • Soulljah T
    edited June 2010
    Options
    NastyNasty wrote: »
    Souljah, nice to see a young woman who stands up for abused woman. It seemed most of Chris Brown's female fanbase pretty much forgave him from the jump. A lot of young girls will make excuse after excuse for abusers. It's disturbing. They buy into all the lies that would-be abusers and accomplished abusers tell them.

I mentioned in another thread Chris Brown's new image as a "sensitive thug" is what so many young women adore. A man who will abuse them,but then cry about it later. It's the save-a-thug mentality. Now, I'm not blaming women and I know you got on me about that before. I'm just saying many young women are too forgiving. Some were actually saying after the incident --- "Well, Rhinanna musta did something to set him off." That is a damaged mindset to think anything a woman says or any little thing she can conjure up physically, would ever warrant such a vicious beating.

Of course they forgave him because American teenage women are self-loathing, skanky, weak-minded idiots who are easily brainwashed by a boy's (not a man, a BOY) money and looks. He can't even sing so I won't even consider THAT. And I too agree that some of these women put blame on themselves and talk about how other women deserve it, I've heard countless times about how these dumb ? 's say Rihanna deserved it just because of who she is, they need to forget about who these ppl are and slap back into reality that this is a man who violently beat a woman, and it isn't right or deserving in ANY case. The same women who say that ? are the same ones who get beat or would get beat themselves and stay thinkin' nothing's wrong. While some situations are more complicated than to just leave, we're not talking about those situations so I agree with you on that part. These teenage girls know what they are doing to themselves and CAN help stop physical abuse of women by not encouraging, condoning and justifying it when these abusive men do it, themselves.
  • mike06
    mike06 Members Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    First of all, I have every RIGHT to share my opinion, which are also facts. I have every right to have an opinion, and being a public forum where everyone else is posting their oh so foolish pity for the animal, I have just as much right to post the facts of mine. So with that said, what is there to understand about a man who messes up a woman's face the way he did her's? Let's forget he's "Chris Brown" and that she's 'Rihanna", and remember that they are human beings like the rest of us who get oppressed for beating like the way he beat her. What is there to understand about a man who beats the ? out of a woman? The only sensical thing you should have said was that "well who knows, she may have threatened his life, so we need to put ourselves in his shoes and understand." Well he WASN'T threatened and she DIDN'T try to killl him, she was attacked and he was the attacker, & who cares what she did because LOOK AT HER FACE. Do not justify abusing a woman when you can choose to keep your hands to yourself or fall back, THE ? KEPT GOING AT HER, LOOK AT HER FACE. And I have already established the factthat abusing a woman like that is NOT a mistake....DAMNIT this is why there's so much abuse in America because y'all ? don't understand the deep, severity of abuse, the psychological roots, the REAL cause & issue. A mistake is small like when you knock over something by accident and break it. DID CHRIS BROWNHER ACCIDENTLY DEFORM THAT ? 'S FACE OR DID IT MAGICALLY GET THAT WAY?

Abuse is NOT a mistake, we need to understand THAT. Stop saying it's a mistake. Look at what he did, the fact that he grew up in an environment like that, and he chooses to be like his father, he CHOOSES to carry out what his father was, that's his disease, he LOST the battle to falling victim to the cycle that is abuse in American families. He LOST. He is now his father, he is the abuser, the animal that lives inside an abuser, and you saw it with her face, you saw it with his emotionlessness and lack of accountability, ingenuinity until now when he's assed out in result of his foolishness. He doesn't genuinely care about who he has become, what did and what he is going to continue being like, all he cares about is his image/career. ? HIM. I LOVE this, I hope he suffers a long time & dies in his pop-whiney-voiced-mj-wannabe-lilbitchkid ? he called a "singing career".

damn did someone chris brown your ass.....lmao

nobody is askin to FORGET what he did....and this was his first time not only getting in trouble with the law but his first domestic violence situation(that we know of).....the BOY is still young and so was she so there is still time for him to learn from his mistake(which it was...you can say look at her face all you want but it was a mistake to HIT HER PERIOD...thats the mistake) and move on with his life...again dude asked you to simply walk in his shoes after the situation and maybe you'd see why him breaking down last night seemed a little more geniune....just a little....im not sayin give him his career back already he has to do that on his own but damn give him a SECOND CHANCE....if he ? it up again then he is the "diseased monster" your portraying him to be....
  • mike06
    edited June 2010
    Options
    and how come your not holding Rihanna responible for anything...i mean if he is this "abusive monster" you say he is....why did she 1.get with him in the first place...and 2. get out of the situation bfore it got out of control......
  • mike06
    edited June 2010
    Options
    mis·take   /mɪˈsteɪk/ Show Spelled [mi-steyk] Show IPA noun, verb, -took, -tak·en, -tak·ing.
    –noun
    1. an error in action, calculation, opinion, or judgment caused by poor reasoning, carelessness, insufficient knowledge, etc.
    2. a misunderstanding or misconception.
    –verb (used with object)
    3. to regard or identify wrongly as something or someone else: I mistook him for the mayor.
    4. to understand, interpret, or evaluate wrongly; misunderstand; misinterpret.
    –verb (used without object)
    5. to be in error.
    —Idiom
    6. and no mistake, for certain; surely: He's an honorable person, and no mistake.

i say this incident might qualify as an error in judgement caused by poor reasoning and carelessness....no?
  • almighty breeze
    almighty breeze Members Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    south4life wrote: »
    They need to let Chris get back to what he loves to do, stop blackballing the ? and Rhianna is falling off already, her shows are half full, getting canceled and her popularity is dying down now, people getting tired of her all ready.

the first paragraph is all co signs from me...but the assumption and perceived reality that he was blackballed is #1...when we dnt kno how much but much if not all was self imposed.
    2.u assuming that Jay-Z didnt show up b/c of Chris Brown which we dnt even have a reason to speculate on or an answer for. esp since this isnt the first BET Awards he hasnt been at add to the fact that neither he nor Bey was scheduled to perform and the two prolly have no connection at all
  • Soulljah T
    edited June 2010
    Options
    mike06 wrote: »
    damn did someone chris brown your ass.....lmao

nobody is askin to FORGET what he did....and this was his first time not only getting in trouble with the law but his first domestic violence situation(that we know of).....the BOY is still young and so was she so there is still time for him to learn from his mistake(which it was...you can say look at her face all you want but it was a mistake to HIT HER PERIOD...thats the mistake) and move on with his life...again dude asked you to simply walk in his shoes after the situation and maybe you'd see why him breaking down last night seemed a little more geniune....just a little....im not sayin give him his career back already he has to do that on his own but damn give him a SECOND CHANCE....if he ? it up again then he is the "diseased monster" your portraying him to be....

I explained what abuse is, so you tryna act as if being an abusive person is an "accident", a mistake, is ridiculous, did you read my post? If you actually believe that beating a woman, being an abuser, & after on top of that not seeing aproblem with it is some kind of accident that just happens, a "mistake", then you're just an idiot fan who obviously let your niave love for someone you don't even know cloud your judgement. Stop reading definitions off the web and actually use reason, actually THINK about what abuse really is, the facts behind it & stop tryna justify him being a monster.

Looking at your last few posts you obviously don't know ? about abuse, the actual psychological facts about it, you're just a fan who like the rest of ignorant America, falls for his ? and is ignorant about abuse. I'm not going to argue with an idiot who rubs up against Chris Brownher posters at night just to get a nut. You don't "get" it, so don't bother replying to me anymore.
  • Soulljah T
    edited June 2010
    Options
    BTW his "second chance" doesn't exist. You don't get it. A second chance would be for him to spend less time tryna be famous and more time working on how to cope with the demons that have infested his insides. This is real, abuse doesn't just happen, it's a disease, a cycle that starts and doesn't stop until you take years of therapy, meditation and self-persistence to fix. It's not our job to give him a second chance, he shouldn't do it for us but for himself and anyone else he's hurt and possibly will hurt in the future.

But nooooo, you dumb CB fans are gone already, no savin' y'all.
  • mike06
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Beating women is NOT a mistake.......LOOK UP THE DEFINITION FOR THE WORD MISTAKE YOU DUMBFUCKS.
    interesting....i guess im even more of a ? for following directions

I explained what abuse is, so you tryna act as if being an abusive person is an "accident", a mistake, is ridiculous, did you read my post? If you actually believe that beating a woman, being an abuser, & after on top of that not seeing aproblem with it is some kind of accident that just happens, a "mistake", then you're just an idiot fan who obviously let your niave love for someone you don't even know cloud your judgement. Stop reading definitions off the web and actually use reason, actually THINK about what abuse really is, the facts behind it & stop tryna justify him being a monster.

Looking at your last few posts you obviously don't know ? about abuse, the actual psychological facts about it, you're just a fan who like the rest of ignorant America, falls for his ? and is ignorant about abuse. I'm not going to argue with an idiot who rubs up against Chris Brownher posters at night just to get a nut. You don't "get" it, so don't bother replying to me anymore.

damn again did someone beat your ass.....did you get the rihanna treatment back in the day?.....were you ABUSED at somepoint in your life?.......ur anger is somewhat justified(surprise.....I GET IT) but I NEVER SAID WHAT HE DID WAS RIGHT..so stop makin ? up

please define mistake madam since i clearly cant....lmao

never said i was a fan and its ? hiliarious you'd assume that just off a few posts(? brilliant...lmao)...lemme guess....you dont like chris brown at all(i can tell by your posts....lmao)

BTW his "second chance" doesn't exist. You don't get it. A second chance would be for him to spend less time tryna be famous and more time working on how to cope with the demons that have infested his insides. This is real, abuse doesn't just happen, it's a disease, a cycle that starts and doesn't stop until you take years of therapy, meditation and self-persistence to fix. It's not our job to give him a second chance, he shouldn't do it for us but for himself and anyone else he's hurt and possibly will hurt in the future.

But nooooo, you dumb CB fans are gone already, no savin' y'all.

lmao....are you serious...damn I'd hate to be your kid and make a "mistake" stealin a cookie or somethin....? you'd prolly throw me under the jail huh?.....again NO ONE WILL FORGET what he did(and i dont even hear anyone askin america to.....thats simply thier choice to forget)....but if you can't find any way to FORGIVE him for this one INCIDENT(cuz i swear you keep paintin the picture like he's been in and out of jail and beatin on ? for the last 10 years and was beatin on Ri ri the first night he met her....literally and figuretively)....then your just as cold hearted as he was that night....but again opinions are opinions and you have every right to feel how you feel but got damn....someone mustve been beatin your ass somethin serious

btw....how do you know he hasnt done what he needs to do to break out from these "demons that infested his insides" or isnt still doing it TODAY......and what are your thoughts on El Debarge?...i heard he's a swell guy too...lmao