SMH at myself for having a crush on La Roux

Options
Lorenzo de Medici
Lorenzo de Medici Members Posts: 5,739 ✭✭✭
edited June 2010 in R&B & Alternatives

Didn't think much of it when I first heard it a couple months ago, but this song goes hard on so many levels.

And ol' girl's style is unfuckwitable.

Comments

• ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Yea that joint is heat to tell you the truth
  • Lorenzo de Medici
    edited June 2010
    Options
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    hate this ? song. i wanna shoot her in the head to prove her wrong.
  • SunflowaSeeds
    SunflowaSeeds Members Posts: 12,210 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    This is what you think about after ? your girlfriend?

? ...
  • dholt23
    dholt23 Members Posts: 839
    edited June 2010
    Options
    ewwwwwwwwwwwwww
  • Still Cool Beans
    Still Cool Beans Members Posts: 462 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Co-sign t/s...La Roux goes hard
  • LadyF'nDip
    LadyF'nDip Members Posts: 17
    edited June 2010
    Options
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    They only got big in the UK because Skream remixed one of their tunes. They're ? otherwise, she's got a jarring singing voice that's the equivalent of running your fingernails down a chalk board and she's got a ? personality. Basically she's a bit of a ?
  • Still Cool Beans
    edited June 2010
    Options
    They only got big in the UK because Skream remixed one of their tunes. They're ? otherwise, she's got a jarring singing voice that's the equivalent of running your fingernails down a chalk board and she's got a ? personality. Basically she's a bit of a ?

Well damn LOL!

Her voice don't grate on me so much. I can def see how it could though. I really dig Bulletproof, Going In For the ? , I'm Not Your Toy and that Saviour joint.
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    the skream remix was pretty good. other than that, not too much of a fan of la roux. i prefer ladytron. one synthpop groups that i think is much better
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Ounceman wrote: »
    the skream remix was pretty good. other than that, not too much of a fan of la roux. i prefer ladytron. one synthpop groups that i think is much better

Now Ladytron are ? sick plus they're so underrated that it's actually really sickening. Witching Hour and Velocifero are great albums.
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Well damn LOL!

Her voice don't grate on me so much. I can def see how it could though. I really dig Bulletproof, Going In For the ? , I'm Not Your Toy and that Saviour joint.

I don't mind Tigerlily but everything else on that album ? me off proper.

She is a massive ? ? though. Never smiles and just has a foul personality. Every interview she's slagging something or someone off for no reason and just generally displays absolute ignorance and the fact she's a ? . If anything its ironic a predominantly R&B focused forum is bigging her up when in one interview all she was doing was slagging off the music saying how 'empty and hollow' the music is, yet all she really is is just 80s synths, worn out and tired new-rave imagery that has long overstayed its welcome now and completely over the top art college clothes which was all done already a good ten years ago when Electroclash came onto the scene reviving the whole 80s glam Electro thing within Dance music and reveled in style over ? all substance. She's a walking, talking contradiction that can go ? herself. If people like her and/or La Roux's music then that's cool but I honestly can't stand her

So are La Roux gaining popularity in the US or something? I'm surprised to see them mentioned on here. I know Bulletproof was supposed to be doing pretty decent
  • Lorenzo de Medici
    edited June 2010
    Options

It's not a genre of music I ? wit', but everytime I switch to local radio it's on 99.5. That ? bangs. At first I would just not turn it off, now when I hear it I crank that ? . I can't even tell you what it is about the song that makes me like it so much.
  • Lorenzo de Medici
    edited June 2010
    Options

She is a massive ? ? though. Never smiles and just has a foul personality. Every interview she's slagging something or someone off for no reason and just generally displays absolute ignorance and the fact she's a ? . If anything its ironic a predominantly R&B focused forum is bigging her up when in one interview all she was doing was slagging off the music saying how 'empty and hollow' the music is, yet all she really is is just 80s synths, worn out and tired new-rave imagery that has long overstayed its welcome now and completely over the top art college clothes which was all done already a good ten years ago when Electroclash came onto the scene reviving the whole 80s glam Electro thing within Dance music and reveled in style over ? all substance. She's a walking, talking contradiction that can go ? herself. If people like her and/or La Roux's music then that's cool but I honestly can't stand her

So are La Roux gaining popularity in the US or something? I'm surprised to see them mentioned on here. I know Bulletproof was supposed to be doing pretty decent

Yeah, i didn't know it was a banned, I thought it was the one ? . But yeah, song's always on pop radio. ? goes hard.
  • Ounceman
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Now Ladytron are ? sick plus they're so underrated that it's actually really sickening. Witching Hour and Velocifero are great albums.

hell yea. i got a copy of witching hour. i also like light and magic. did u ever hear the remix sasha did for destroy everything you touch?
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Yeah, i didn't know it was a banned, I thought it was the one ? . But yeah, song's always on pop radio. ? goes hard.

Yeah, they're a duo but the other bloke doesn't take part in any live performances or anything so people generally assume it's just her
    hell yea. i got a copy of witching hour. i also like light and magic. did u ever hear the remix sasha did for destroy everything you touch?

Off the Invol2ver album, amazing track. I remember Sasha dropping that at The Custard Factory nightclub well before the album came out and thinking how sick it was. Took me ages at the time trying to track that tune down, but yeah, such a bad ass tune
  • Still Cool Beans
    edited June 2010
    Options

This I will agree with wholeheartedly. Ladytron is the ? and its definitely no contest.

LOL Hilarious! Well I take your word on it cause I'm not versed enough about em to know otherwise. Don't listen to the radio much so I don't know how popular they are here. I basically came across em on youtube.
  • Ounceman
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Yeah, they're a duo but the other bloke doesn't take part in any live performances or anything so people generally assume it's just her

Off the Invol2ver album, amazing track. I remember Sasha dropping that at The Custard Factory nightclub well before the album came out and thinking how sick it was. Took me ages at the time trying to track that tune down, but yeah, such a bad ass tune

o u got the invol2ver album? i must say u have great taste in music. it seems like im one of the few people here who listens to stuff like that. props :tu
  • Still Cool Beans
    edited June 2010
    Options
    What yall think of The Knife and Fever Ray? That Fever Ray is the only thing gettin as much play as that ArchAndroid right now for me...
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    edited June 2010
    Options
    o u got the invol2ver album? i must say u have great taste in music. it seems like im one of the few people here who listens to stuff like that. props :tu

Likewise mate, its not often that you get people on here bigging up Ladytron and Sasha. Big up to ya
    What yall think of The Knife and Fever Ray? That Fever Ray is the only thing gettin as much play as that ArchAndroid right now for me...

I like The Knife especially Silent Shout, great group. Wasn't too keen on that opera collaboration thing they did but I guess it wasn't only supposed to be only listened to. The Fever Ray album is great as well, it was one of my favourite albums from last year, deffo