A Storyline That Would Bring A New Golden Age To Pro Wrestling...

Options
Idiopathic Joker
Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
edited January 2012 in Off The Turn Buckle
If WWE and TNA were to merge or come to a working agreement, how would you do the stroyline if you were in charge of creative?

Comments

• IceManKam
    IceManKam Members Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    WWE would probably have all of its stars going over TNA stars. Oldies like Hogan and the such might attempt to jump ship with WWE and just go over the TNA stars. Most of TNA's wrestlers would be squashed and gone after the whole ordeal. Basically, it'll be every man for himself in the land of Total Nonstop Action if this ever decides to happen. I hope not.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Idk really, the thing about this is if it did happen wwe is going to end up on top still which means wwe gains nothing while tna doesnt gain anything but loses in the end.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I think the key to TNAs future success is to somehow get a current top teir superstar from wwe like John Cena, CM Punk, Orton, or maybe Edge when their contracts expire while they are still relevant
  • sobek
    sobek Members Posts: 5,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    In reality, If TNA merged with WWE we'd end up seeing dudes like AJ and Joe as contestants on the next NXT with Zack Ryder as their mentor.
  • Silverfoxxx
    Silverfoxxx Members Posts: 1,066
    edited January 2012
    Options
    If done right, it can be pretty Epic. Dixie Carter and Shane O Mac can run TNA it can be used for more of the dedicated mature audience also the IWC. Also if they really wanna make a Wrestling revolution and make it cool to talk about again, ROH can also form an agreement and they can create all types of tournaments or drafts that can spark plenty spin offs and fueds that will be very interesting for the Wrestling Community. ? will be some amazing shot to see Sting vs The Undertaker or CM Punk vs Samoa Joe. Endless opportunities if u thank about it.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Undertaker vs Sting @ Wrestlemania is the greatest match never to happen. Ya know he was offered the match a few years ago but turned it down?
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    the way they botched the invasion storyline make me wanna never see this happen, besides I dont think TNA is a strong product anyway
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    If they merged we'd see the revival of the "Crusierweights", I been reading that the WWE wants to bring that division back but w a name change. Read that they seen the success that the "X-Division" has, so they want that.

So if they did merge, we'd see that.

We'd then see the TNA wrestlers become jobbers to WWE wrestlers.

But we'd never see this. TNA isn't on their level, although their crowds have gotten bigger, I don't see them being a threat. If they put out newer talent and stop w the stupid old guys ? then we'll see a good company make a move. The smart move would be NOT to budge to be bought out or sold, because then they could take WWE's talent.
  • Copper
    edited January 2012
    Options
    TNA is wack foreal though...even the watered down pg era WWe is ? on TNA now
  • VIBE
    edited January 2012
    Options
    TNA is wack foreal though...even the watered down pg era WWe is ? on TNA now

TBH, TNA is actually pretty good.

Their Knocksouts are >>> than the divas

Their tag teams are >>>

Their X-Division is >>

Their personalities are >>>

The only problem TNA has is the fact they keep ? ' w old farts.

Bully Ray, Devon, Jeff Hardy, Jeff Jarrett, Sting, Hogan, Flair, Stiner, Bishoff, Jackie, Angle and Anderson -- These guys GOTTA go, they hog up the spot light for the newer better talent.

TNA has the potential to go WAY OVER WWE and gain old WWF heads. If they were smart they'd just let Paul in and run it to his liking and make it the greatest ? ever.
  • dalyricalbandit
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Thing about tna is they have alot of old wwe folks
  • MysticBoy
    MysticBoy Members Posts: 793 ✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Attitude era writers. That is all.
  • Copper
    edited January 2012
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    TBH, TNA is actually pretty good.

Their Knocksouts are >>> than the divas

Their tag teams are >>>

Their X-Division is >>

Their personalities are >>>

The only problem TNA has is the fact they keep ? ' w old farts.

Bully Ray, Devon, Jeff Hardy, Jeff Jarrett, Sting, Hogan, Flair, Stiner, Bishoff, Jackie, Angle and Anderson -- These guys GOTTA go, they hog up the spot light for the newer better talent.

TNA has the potential to go WAY OVER WWE and gain old WWF heads. If they were smart they'd just let Paul in and run it to his liking and make it the greatest ? ever.

? production (ECW are the only one that could pull that off)
    and anyones gonna be better than wwe divas b/c thier not trained to wrestle there trained to prance around
    isnt the X-division gone?
    their personalities (promos) are wack and boring as fucc
    and thier tag teams arent really that impressive
    and no one cares about karen angle and no one has ever cared about or for jeff jarrett wack ass
  • VIBE
    edited January 2012
    Options
    X-Division isn't gone, Austin Aries is current XD champ.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Jeff Hardy i wouldnt consider old... he's younger than Big Show & Kane... TNA is just fine as they are. I hate WWE minus Cm Punk, the PPVS, and half of Smackdown.

I dunno why you're talking about Flair who barely shwos up anymore

Sting who doesnt even wrestle (Basically has the same role as john laurana w/e)

Hogan hasn't been on tv for months. Mr Anderson either.. so how can people who arent even there hog up the spotlight.. especially when you know its been about Roode, Storm, Hardy & Angle for the last 8 weeks and counting?

Alot of bs being spout around....

Besides you know WWE would never put over another company over their own.. Invasion? Common sense...
  • VIBE
    edited January 2012
    Options
    KingGivBiz wrote: »
    Jeff Hardy i wouldnt consider old... he's younger than Big Show & Kane... TNA is just fine as they are. I hate WWE minus Cm Punk, the PPVS, and half of Smackdown.

I dunno why you're talking about Flair who barely shwos up anymore

Sting who doesnt even wrestle (Basically has the same role as john laurana w/e)

Hogan hasn't been on tv for months. Mr Anderson either.. so how can people who arent even there hog up the spotlight.. especially when you know its been about Roode, Storm, Hardy & Angle for the last 8 weeks and counting?

Alot of bs being spout around....

Besides you know WWE would never put over another company over their own.. Invasion? Common sense...

But they still take up mic time and storylines. Yes some of them are absent but they'll be back.
  • herbalism101
    herbalism101 Members Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Will never happen....Would be like adding Dry crackers(no pun intended) to a partially tasty soup. The only talent WWE would benefit from TNA would be the knockouts....They could get some use out of maybe 1/3 or the talent...maybe less. But most will be Jobb....I mean enhancement talent.....
  • dalyricalbandit
    Options
    vince would ? on tna the way he did wcw & ecw
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Options
    AJ Styles, Samoa Joe among others could be huge stars in WWE
  • dalyricalbandit
    Options
    AJ Styles, Samoa Joe among others could be huge stars in WWE

i doubt it vince would'nt let them rock...
  • VIBE
    Options
    I know there's always ? always floating around but I'm hearing that once AJ's contract is up he wants to come to the WWE and WWE wants him. I hear that theyre thinking about reviving the cruiserweight division, under a different name though.

• Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this would never work. there would be a power struggle over who would go over who and what is there to gain from each loss and victory.

plus, i don't understand why people get geeked up over the return of the cruiserweight division in the WWE when we've seen too many resurrections in the past that have all fizzled out within months of "getting hot again".

the WWE is so far out there as a business, in-ring wrestling is almost a secondary thought. they wouldn't care about an invasion angle or a working agreement with another promotion, because they are making money hand over fist just doing what they are doing.

TNA on the other hand could use help doing cross promotions because they have talent that can actually wrestle a classic style match. if you go back a few years to when TNA toured Japan in 2008, they did cross promotional work with NJPW and that show was something different than the norm, Global Impact. Check that out and see how the Golden Age of Wrestling can be brought back.