Eli > Peyton ?

Comments

• Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Peyton has played longer of course, that's why his numbers and GW drives are higher

In the regular season, were talking Big games in the playoffs

Eli in the 4th quarter of SB 42 was more clutch then Peyton has ever been in his life.

postseason career?
    re-read the last point i made
  • Mrslim1
    Mrslim1 Members Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Wait.....so Brady isn't better than peyton BUT eli is?

Brady is better than Peyton , but Peyton got the nod from alot of people because he is basically the OC of his team and people feel as if he affects the outcome of games more than any other QB . But when it comes down to it its about being clutch and winning Superbowls . Eli seems to be on the verge of winning is 2nd title and winning on the road to get to it .
  • John_Blazini
    John_Blazini Members Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Lmao so Peyton >>> Brady Eli>>> Peyton............ lmao Giants D>>> Eli that ? inherited a great Defense.. when he wins games with a ? ass Defense come talk to me. Eli is good dont get me wrong but that ? should be buying steak dinners for the defense and O line.
  • Mvpbrodie93
    Mvpbrodie93 Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    ImParallel wrote: »
    He was a miraculous Tyree Davis catch away from not even being mentioned right now...

It was a Great throw and a great catch.

With the SB on the line he drove them down the field with an all time clutch drive.
  • Mvpbrodie93
    edited January 2012
    Plus the Giants D has been trash all season.

If he wins the SB with this Defense it'll be extremely Impressive.

Plus why are people bringing up Defense?

If it weren't for the Defense in 2007 Peyton would still be ringless. Not like he was lighting it up anyway

Peyton SB run
    97 of 153 (63.4%) for 1,034 yards, 6.8 YPA, 3 TD, 7 INT, 70.5 passer rating*

Eli in his only SB run

73/119 (61.3%) 854 7.2 6 TD's 1 Pick 95.7 Passer rating
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Seriously though what defense are y'all talking about? The Giants were 27th in yards per game allowed with 376.4 ypg and 25th in ppg allowed with 25 this season...

giants defense has been playing great since their game against the jets
    but for most of the season they was ? pathetic
  • John_Blazini
    edited January 2012
    Through out ELi's career that D has been good ? as a pats fan i would take them over our D. They struggled a little bit this a year but when it counts.. they play like they should.
  • FlyFreeCt
    FlyFreeCt Members Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    He was a miraculous Tyree Davis catch away from not even being mentioned right now...

Who??? Lmao "David Tyree" you mean lol...? commenting on teams they know nothing about smh.
  • FlyFreeCt
    edited January 2012
    Why ? be hatin on Eli for having a defense??? Bottom line is he still carves up defenses consistently and wins games late for us, FACT...no debatin....You still need defense to win championships.....That sorry ass ? Big Ben has had BETTER defenses than us since coming into the league and has been carried by them for a long time, but people say he's "Elite"....GTFOH wit that credit snatchin ? , Eli is that ? point blank...Stop wit the ? excuses....Everybody needs a defense to win championships...smh ? don't know ? ..
  • FlyFreeCt
    edited January 2012
    AND where the ? was Eli's defense all year when he's been carrying them through the entire season????? I love my squad and i love my defense but the fact of the matter is Eli carried them ? the ENTIRE season this year until they turned it up week 16 against the Jets...FACT...Go look back at all our games this year...I want somebody to say what im saying is a lie..We wouldn't even have made it to the playoffs if Eli didn't have the season he's had...Now we're just playing alot better as a "team"(with Eli still ballin) and you're seeing the results of it...
  • Mvpbrodie93
    edited January 2012
    Big Ben's d like Eli's has been overrated too

They got absolutely TORCHED by Kurt warner and gave up the LEAD with 3 mins left.

And who had to save them with an all time clutch game winning drive?

Big Ben
  • FlyFreeCt
    edited January 2012
    Big Ben's d like Eli's has been overrated too

They got absolutely TORCHED by Kurt warner and gave up the LEAD with 3 mins left.

And who had to save them with an all time clutch game winning drive?

Big Ben

? Big Ben....
  • John_Blazini
    edited January 2012
    Some of the reasons I have seen on why Brady wins so much....So Brady wins because of Pats D.. because of coach Belicheck .. because of Vintetari .... because he had Moss... because of the system he is in..... should i continue?
  • FlyFreeCt
    edited January 2012
    blazini wrote: »
    Some of the reasons I have seen on why Brady wins so much....So Brady wins because of Pats D.. because of coach Belicheck .. because of Vintetari .... because he had Moss... because of the system he is in..... should i continue?

Would never hear that from me, i like Brady..Always said he was top 5 possibly top 3 all time...Anybody who thinks otherwise "don't know ? about football"*Mayweather voice*....But that don't change the fact that Eli got Brady's soul in his back pocket haha!
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited January 2012
    Eli is much better than people will ever give him credit for, but he's not better than Peyton Manning...and he never will be...fact of the matter is the Giants teams have been better than the teams Peyton has had with the Colts...the mere fact that the Colts almost went 1-16 w/ the loss of one player on offense yet I doubt anyone thinks the Giants go near winless w/o Eli...
  • FlyFreeCt
    edited January 2012
    blackrain wrote: »
    Eli is much better than people will ever give him credit for, but he's not better than Peyton Manning...and he never will be...fact of the matter is the Giants teams have been better than the teams Peyton has had with the Colts...the mere fact that the Colts almost went 1-16 w/ the loss of one player on offense yet I doubt anyone thinks the Giants go near winless w/o Eli...

We wouldn't go winless but we would be like 4-12...
  • biggar
    biggar Members Posts: 1,190 ✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Wow a guy misses a season due to injury and y'all just ? on him and forget everything.

I like Eli and respect him to the fullest but, Peyton got more wins, more passing yardage, better completion percentage, more playoff wins, same amount of super bowls.

So what we talking bout?
  • FlyFreeCt
    edited January 2012
    Whatever that no name receiver name is...guy that caught the ball on his helmet then wrote a book about it...where's he at now? Eli wouldn't even be mentioned without him making that play for him.

So Eli didn't escape the sack and get the pass off?? ok
  • Mvpbrodie93
    edited January 2012
    blackrain wrote: »

Eli has never played on a team as good as the 2003-2007 colts teams. They were loaded especially on offense

Plus the colts had fallen off, they were gonna be average THIS year with Peyton.

Take Eli off THIS giants team and they're 2 maybe 3 win squad
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    biggar wrote: »
    Wow a guy misses a season due to injury and y'all just ? on him and forget everything.

I like Eli and respect him to the fullest but, Peyton got more wins, more passing yardage, better completion percentage, more playoff wins, same amount of super bowls.

So what we talking bout?

more chokes in big games
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Eli has never played on a team as good as the 2003-2007 colts teams. They were loaded especially on offense

Plus the colts had fallen off, they were gonna be average THIS year with Peyton.

Take Eli off THIS giants team and they're 2 maybe 3 win squad

seriously doubt that with the defense and run game the giants have.....
  • FlyFreeCt
    edited January 2012

False, our defense played like ? for 14 or 15 weeks this year, we wouldn't have sniffed the playoffs without Eli..
  • FlyFreeCt
    edited January 2012
    And as was already said our run game, mainly because of run blocking has been non existent...That's how you know ? don't watch the games...? need to stop commenting on teams they don't know ? about, it makes you look stupid..
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012

Both have been garbage majority of the regular season what are u talking about??
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    FlyFreeCt wrote: »
    Why ? be hatin on Eli for having a defense??? Bottom line is he still carves up defenses consistently and wins games late for us, FACT...no debatin....You still need defense to win championships.....That sorry ass ? Big Ben has had BETTER defenses than us since coming into the league and has been carried by them for a long time, but people say he's "Elite"....GTFOH wit that credit snatchin ? , Eli is that ? point blank...Stop wit the ? excuses....Everybody needs a defense to win championships...smh ? don't know ? ..

It's not the hate bruh....it's true what most of these dudes are talking about even when giants defense had ? moments it was still better than the colts defense no secondary, not a good blitzing defense all we have has two great pass rushers (freeney, mathis) and the colts defense stay in the low rankings between 25-32 not a good look but with peyton they're still considered an elite team I'm not taking nothing away from eli but he has an advantage over peyton as far as defense goes