Eli > Peyton ?

Options

Comments

• vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Both have been garbage majority of the regular season what are u talking about??

I'm talking about when it matters most they've came thru.....when they needed to win to clinch a playoff spot both the running and defense did their job so what are you talking about?
  • vageneral08
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Eli has never played on a team as good as the 2003-2007 colts teams. They were loaded especially on offense

Plus the colts had fallen off, they were gonna be average THIS year with Peyton.

Take Eli off THIS giants team and they're 2 maybe 3 win squad

that's it just offense....you still forget the defense was still trash thru those years
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options

Take Eli off THIS giants team and they're 2 maybe 3 win squad

seriously doubt that with the defense and run game the giants have.....

This was your response to his comment , ur implying all year the Giants Defense and Giants Run game would have still won them a bunch of games which is false they both sucked damn near all year

I'm talking about when it matters most they've came thru.....when they needed to win to clinch a playoff spot both the running and defense did their job so what are you talking about?

And this is just a backpedal post ..nothing more to it , u just dont know what you talking about as usual.
  • FlyFreeCt
    FlyFreeCt Members Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    It's not the hate bruh....it's true what most of these dudes are talking about even when giants defense had ? moments it was still better than the colts defense no secondary, not a good blitzing defense all we have has two great pass rushers (freeney, mathis) and the colts defense stay in the low rankings between 25-32 not a good look but with peyton they're still considered an elite team I'm not taking nothing away from eli but he has an advantage over peyton as far as defense goes

I've never said that Eli is on Peyton's level, that's other ? bein disrespectful and hoppin on the Eli bandwagon all of a sudden....Like I said before, nobody on here is a bigger Eli fan than me but ? are goin overboard, I've never changed my stance on anything except for the fact that i had him as the 7th best qb in the league coming into this year and now i have him at 5.......But having said that, it's not out of the realm of possibility that Eli will end up having a better career than Peyton..Does that mean he's more talented?? No, but I'm sick of ? tryna discredit Eli like a ? scrub or somethin, and then all the sudden ? wanna start flip floppin..When true fans been there since day one defending him.
  • FlyFreeCt
    edited January 2012
    Options

They wouldn't have had that chance if Eli didn't carry them ? to that point.....and like i said I love my defense, but they just started clickin in the last 4 games...Eli got them to that point..JPP has been the only consistent defensive player all year..
  • vageneral08
    edited January 2012
    Options
    This was your response to his comment , ur implying all year the Giants Defense and Giants Run game would have still won them a bunch of games which is false they both sucked damn near all year

And this is just a backpedal post ..nothing more to it , u just dont know what you talking about as usual.
    lol ? when did I say a bunch of games? I said I doubt that....? what dont you understand about that? he said 2-3 games you dont know what I meant I could've meant 6-7 games....the ? ? smh damn ? stay misquoting ?
  • vageneral08
    edited January 2012
    Options
    ImParallel wrote: »
    With this logic you can say the Pats have the best defense right now since they are in first in the post season in yards given up........

Giants don't make the playoffs this year without Eli doing his thing (especially Cruz coming through this year)

no because they wasnt fighting for a playoff spot they're the #1 team in the afc even with a ? defense......sounds familiar dont it?
  • vageneral08
    edited January 2012
    Options
    FlyFreeCt wrote: »
    I've never said that Eli is on Peyton's level, that's other ? bein disrespectful and hoppin on the Eli bandwagon all of a sudden....Like I said before, nobody on here is a bigger Eli fan than me but ? are goin overboard, I've never changed my stance on anything except for the fact that i had him as the 7th best qb in the league coming into this year and now i have him at 5.......But having said that, it's not out of the realm of possibility that Eli will end up having a better career than Peyton..Does that mean he's more talented?? No, but I'm sick of ? tryna discredit Eli like a ? scrub or somethin, and then all the sudden ? wanna start flip floppin..When true fans been there since day one defending him.

I know what you mean....I literally laughed out loud when ? was saying tony romo is better than eli smh.....
  • John_Blazini
    John_Blazini Members Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    So if Brady Brees and Rodgers are all system Qb's what is Eli?
  • vageneral08
    edited January 2012
    Options
    blazini wrote: »

Who ever said brees was a system qb?
  • FlyFreeCt
    edited January 2012
    Options
    blazini wrote: »

Anybody that says any one of those QB's are a system QB is a ? idiot and their opinions shouldn't be taken serious in football discussions..
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Anybody that says any one of those QB's are a system QB is a ? idiot and their opinions shouldn't be taken serious in football discussions..
    Welcome to a blazini post.
  • John_Blazini
    John_Blazini Members Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    A gang of ? saying this ? in here. I'm with you b... there is nothing nothing system about any of those guys play on the field they are elite for a reason.
  • vageneral08
    edited January 2012
    Options
    ImParallel wrote: »
    nah not really...

Yeah that's what the colts been thru most of the time
  • eyes low
    eyes low Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Eli will always get disrespected and I'm ok with that, if he gets us another Super Bowl everyone's opinion doesn't really matter, he comes to play and dude never folds under pressure, there's no qb I rather have under center than Eli
  • Mvpbrodie93
    Mvpbrodie93 Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    The colts left like 3 SB's on the table this decade. They like the braves
  • bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    eyes low wrote: »
    Eli will always get disrespected and I'm ok with that, if he gets us another Super Bowl everyone's opinion doesn't really matter, he comes to play and dude never folds under pressure, there's no qb I rather have under center than Eli

nope never...
  • rakim ii
    rakim ii Members Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    In a playoff game with everything on the line I'm taking Eli.

Peyton's pretty pedestrian over a loooong playoff career (9-10 in 19 games) and he is not good in a cold weather setting.

Colin Cowherd was saying this on his radio show this morning. Lol he said that Peyton is Arod and Eli is Jeter. Peyton and Arod are the more physical gifted athletes, but Eli and Jeter performs beter in big pressure moments.
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    lol ? when did I say a bunch of games? I said I doubt that....? what dont you understand about that? he said 2-3 games you dont know what I meant I could've meant 6-7 games....the ? ? smh damn ? stay misquoting ?

They would not have won 6-7 Games without Eli , Really dude??? ...they would have Won 6-7 games with David Carr under center? u believe that if u want to

Like dude said without Eli in the regular season they win 2 or 3 games on the year ..

Giants had a 4 game losing streak at one point and also that figured into losing 5 out of their last 6 games at one point in the season that was WITH Eli under center i could only image how Trash they would have been had they not had him and had to go with David Friggin Carr
  • rakim ii
    rakim ii Members Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    biggar wrote: »

I like Eli and respect him to the fullest but, Peyton got more wins, more passing yardage, better completion percentage, more playoff wins, same amount of super bowls.

So what we talking bout?
    Of course Peyton is going to have more passing yards, more wins. He's been in the league since 1998 and played 208 consecutive games...smh
  • vageneral08
    edited January 2012
    Options
    They would not have won 6-7 Games without Eli , Really dude??? ...they would have Won 6-7 games with David Carr under center? u believe that if u want to

Like dude said without Eli in the regular season they win 2 or 3 games on the year ..

Giants had a 4 game losing streak at one point and also that figured into losing 5 out of their last 6 games at one point in the season that was WITH Eli under center i could only image how Trash they would have been had they not had him and had to go with David Friggin Carr

at one point? so that defines how bad they're are....at one point? smh we wont know until he's out for a season until then stop with this silly non sense
  • vageneral08
    edited January 2012
    Options
    You right David Carr > Eli , i dont know what i was thinking my bad

ok you believe that
  • woah316
    woah316 Members Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Lol @ someone on ESPN making of Joke of this thread (which it is). The title of this dude article even used the little > symbol.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story/_/id/7467246/nfl-hangover-says-eli-manning-better-qb-brother-peyton-manning

Peyton: 35
    Eli: 31

2011 Passing Yards

Peyton: 0 yards
    Eli: 4,933 yards

2011 Team Record

Peyton: 3-17 (including preseason)
    Eli: 11-7 (including playoffs)

Presumed Replacement

Peyton: Andrew Luck
    Eli: none

Rumored 2012 Employer

Peyton: New York Jets
    Eli: New York Giants

Quarterback Defeated in the Super Bowl

Peyton: Rex Grossman
    Eli: Tom Brady

Most Memorable Super Bowl Pass

Peyton: into Tracy Porter's chest
    Eli: onto David Tyree's helmet

Often-Mocked Commercial Catchphrase

Peyton: "Cut that meat!"
    Eli: None (mute in most of his commercials)

Head

Peyton: fivehead
    Eli: forehead

Chronic Injury

Peyton: neck
    Eli: fatigue from beating the Packers and Patriots all the time
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    kA9n-86k_original.png

UsDl0mT6_original.jpg