Eli > Peyton ?

Options

Comments

• unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Whoa......whoa now. Slow down. Lest think this over.
  • Mrslim1
    Mrslim1 Members Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As i was saying . Eli>Peyton . Eli defeating Brady twice in the Bowl in the last minute is greater than anything Peyton has done in his life.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    you could argue that peyton is better, but eli got brady's heart. Peyton would trade his talent to be on elis level and have his arch enemy's soul in his fist.
  • (ob)Scene
    (ob)Scene Members Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the last couple posts in this thread are hilarious following the superbowl from a couple weeks back.
  • bow to royalty
    bow to royalty Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Peyton's mostly accepted as a top 10 all time. No one puts Eli in that category. I don't even know how people started thinkin that Eli>>Peyton
  • thefabmd2dc
    thefabmd2dc Members Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Eli>>>>Peyton for the same reason that Lebron is a ? until he wins a Championship. Regular season wins don't amount to much if you can't perform when it counts.
    Eli is clutch he can win superbowls that alone puts him above Peyton
  • bow to royalty
    bow to royalty Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Eli>>>>Peyton for the same reason that Lebron is a ? until he wins a Championship. Regular season wins don't amount to much if you can't perform when it counts.
    Eli is clutch he can win superbowls that alone puts him above Peyton

Peyton won a championship. SB's are SOMEWHAT overrated when guaging a QB. Stats are a better judge of a player than wins IMO. I know people are on both sides of the fence though.
  • BlackxChild
    BlackxChild Members Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Eli was far from clutch in the playoffs and superbowl performances. For 1 thing he admired to not seeing mayo on the rd pass to Cruz which should've been an int. Then he threw a pass to Nicks who was shocked that Eli would make a pass where the db was in position to make the int and then Nicks fumbled. Then Eli makes that ridiculous pass to Manningham that was in double coverage.... Now let's talk about the NFC championship game where he threw 2 dropped ints bc Goldson flew into the other defender. Let's talk about his first superbowl on the final drive where he throws an int directly to Asante Samuel who dropped the pick, Let's talk about Eli throwing across his body in the air for an int to David Tyree... Eli is lucky not clutch.
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Eli was far from clutch in the playoffs and superbowl performances. For 1 thing he admired to not seeing mayo on the rd pass to Cruz which should've been an int. Then he threw a pass to Nicks who was shocked that Eli would make a pass where the db was in position to make the int and then Nicks fumbled. Then Eli makes that ridiculous pass to Manningham that was in double coverage.... Now let's talk about the NFC championship game where he threw 2 dropped ints bc Goldson flew into the other defender. Let's talk about his first superbowl on the final drive where he throws an int directly to Asante Samuel who dropped the pick, Let's talk about Eli throwing across his body in the air for an int to David Tyree... Eli is lucky not clutch.

i see a lot of shoulda, woulda, coulda in this post
    fact is eli accounted for the both NYG touchdowns in his first superbowl against the pats, both coming in the 4th quarter
    fact is eli holds the record for most 4th quarter touchdowns in a single season
    fact is eli made a perfect throw to manningham where only he could catch it in the 4th quarter when it mattered most
    fact is eli made great throws on that final drive in the superbowl that led to the game winning touchdown
    fact is eli has beaten the number 1 and 2 seeds in the NFC, plus the top seed in the AFC during both of his superbowl runs
    fact is eli has outplayed the greatest QB of this era twice in the superbowl
    fact is eli has two rings and two superbowl MVP's to his name

shall i continue?
  • Bully_Pulpit
    Bully_Pulpit Members Posts: 5,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2012
    Options

i see a lot of shoulda, woulda, coulda in this post
    fact is eli accounted for the both NYG touchdowns in his first superbowl against the pats, both coming in the 4th quarter
    fact is eli holds the record for most 4th quarter touchdowns in a single season
    fact is eli made a perfect throw to manningham where only he could catch it in the 4th quarter when it mattered most
    fact is eli made great throws on that final drive in the superbowl that led to the game winning touchdown
    fact is eli has beaten the number 1 and 2 seeds in the NFC, plus the top seed in the AFC during both of his superbowl runs
    fact is eli has outplayed the greatest QB of this era twice in the superbowl
    fact is eli has two rings and two superbowl MVP's to his name

shall i continue?

nah breh you said more than enough, ? always talking bout luck. If this ? so damn lucky he oughta be playing numbers, ? football...im seeing at least one more ring for aww shucks b4 he retires
  • Mrslim1
    Options
    Eli being lucky is a all time dumb remark . I can live with people saying Peyton is better , but Eli being lucky is just plain disrespectful to what Eli has done .
  • BlackxChild
    Options
    Eli was on Mike and Mike and said I quote " Peyton asked if I saw the linebacker when he threw the TD to Cruz Manning said No" and Eli said he wouldn't have thrown the pass if he saw him..... That ? is luck when you throw 2 int in the 49ers players chest and they smash into each other twice.... That ? is luck.... When you throw a pass across your body to the middle of the field and the balla magically sticks to tyrees helmet that ? is luck.. It has nothing to do with skill bc you throw a pass to asante Samuels chest and he drops it right before the Tyree pass... Football is a team game...
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Eli was on Mike and Mike and said I quote " Peyton asked if I saw the linebacker when he threw the TD to Cruz Manning said No" and Eli said he wouldn't have thrown the pass if he saw him..... That ? is luck when you throw 2 int in the 49ers players chest and they smash into each other twice.... That ? is luck.... When you throw a pass across your body to the middle of the field and the balla magically sticks to tyrees helmet that ? is luck.. It has nothing to do with skill bc you throw a pass to asante Samuels chest and he drops it right before the Tyree pass... Football is a team game...

to be the only team outta 32 to win a superbowl takes luck in itsself. i agree those two passes in the game against the 49ers shoulda been picked, but they werent. you can play the shoulda woulda coulda game against any team but you cant deny the facts

and wtf is this "magically sticks" scenario? tyree caught the ball and maintain control by HOLDING the ball against his helmet. you acting like eli threw the ball towards tyree's helmet and it stuck to his head like velcro
  • Mrslim1
    Options
    The pass to Manningham was pure skill . All-time great clutch pass in the Superbowl . He catch was a routine catch because of the quality of the pass
  • BlackxChild
    Options
    Eli Manning throws a lot of picks are we suppose to deny Eli made stupid mistakes that would cost the game but he lucked out.... HE DID MAKE THE MISTAKES IN THE GAMES EVEN IF IT DIDN'T COST HIM SO HOW IS IT CLUTCH! Your not suppose to throw the ball across your body in the middle of the field like Eli did but he lucked up... Winning Superbowls is a team game and the Giants won despite Elis deficiencies.... Why should we give Eli credit for the SB wins he threw away but got lucky off of.
  • FlyFreeCt
    FlyFreeCt Members Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I still see some Eli doubt in this ? smh....O well, he's gonna get at least one more which should silence the rest of the haters...But as I said before, Eli is not a better QB than Peyton and Eli is my favorite QB in league history....He ain't Peyton, but would I trade him for Peyton?? Hell no!
  • Bully_Pulpit
    Bully_Pulpit Members Posts: 5,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hes definately more durable plus hes entering his prime, we getting another ring
  • BlackxChild
    Options
    It's not hate its facts he's not as clutch as you think and I put my money on the giants in both superbowls and Eli threw those games away and I'm calling it like I see it. You guys are denying the mistakes he DID make.
  • FlyFreeCt
    FlyFreeCt Members Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's not hate its facts he's not as clutch as you think and I put my money on the giants in both superbowls and Eli threw those games away and I'm calling it like I see it. You guys are denying the mistakes he DID make.

You nitpickin like hell...All QB's make mistakes, but if the defense doesn't make'em pay then there's nothing to go off of...You can't use shoulda/coulda/wouldas or "ifs"...Football is all about capitalizing off mistakes and making the most plays throughout the game, the team that does WINS, simple as that....The bottom line is that Eli steps up in the biggest moments and he has 2 rings to show for it...and he's outplayed one of the best QB's in the history of the league in both games...Bradt made crucial mistakes in that game and i still don't hear people discredting him..AND HE LOST...But having said that it doesn't make him any less of a QB, ? happens and ain't no player perfect...That pass to Deion Branch was AWFUL and could've potentially put them in position to win the game..see the word "Could've"...he didn't make the play...and the throw to Welker was a bad one even though he could've caught it....Eli on the other hand made perfect throws all 4th quarter and that can't be disputed...
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is Eli Manning one of the greatest QB's of all time ? If your answer is No, then its not even discussion worthy
  • Mrslim1
    Options
    ImParallel wrote:
    Peyton lost for having MVP awards. What a loser.

2 Superbowl Rings > Than any regular season stat . U play to win championships not awards .
  • BitchIWillSlapU
    BitchIWillSlapU Members Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Eli is a little ? , but he is a BEAST

naw seriously though, as a LONG TIME Giants fans, I have my doubts about Eli up until this season to really be honest, but it is something about Eli on the road and late in the season and especially in the Playoffs, he seems have that extra Gear

I know one thing, Eli would not have thrown that INT on that Final Drive in the Super Bowl against the Saints like Big Brother did

only Joe Montana is better at the 2 Minute Drill then Eli IMO!
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Eli was puttin in work in the post-season this year but as far as pure skill and all that...I'm taking Peyton.
  • Mrslim1
    Options
    ImParallel wrote:
    Mrslim1 wrote:
    ImParallel wrote:
    Peyton lost for having MVP awards. What a loser.

2 Superbowl Rings > Than any regular season stat . U play to win championships not awards .

You are talking about 2 individuals and comparing them individually if I'm not mistaken. Super Bowl takes a team.

A QB with 1 Superbowl ring and 4 MVP Trophies >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> A QB with 2 Superbowl rings

With your logic Roger Staubach, Bob Griese, Ben Roethlisberger, Bart Starr and Jim Plunkett >>>>>>> Peyton Manning.

I think Peyton skill wise is better most of the QB's that have ever played this games . However the things you cant necessarily measure is what takes players over the top and that why I believe Eli is better than Peyton . Peyton is a all time great QB when it comes to stats , technique , running an offense etc . But there are many QB's I would take over Peyton in a big game . Because I know Peyton has a tendency to freeze in big moments . When it comes down to it , its all about who can win me the ring and at this point Eli is more reliable .
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2012
    Options
    If you think Eli is a better QB than Peyton, your football IQ comes into question and that freeze in big moments comment is ?

I remember Belechik not wanting to give Peyton the ball with like 2 minutes and going for it on 4th down cause he knew what would happen