matt- wrote: »
    i know this ? aint licking his shoe

rnsm............
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited January 2012
    Options
    in other words its all about protection

pretty much...i've held that opinion for years...a QB can be the most accurate passer ever, can read a defense like his brain was programmed by the matrix computers, if he doesn't get any protection/blocking he'll look like garbage...and protection isn't a "system"...but I really think people underrate how important good blocking is
  • bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    rage wrote: »
    How was he not 18-0 before the SB? Reading comprehension....

LMAO at good protection being a system now.

you mad huh?
  • bankrupt baller
    edited January 2012
    Options
    romo had the 4th best qb rating this year behind only brees,brady and rodgers.......is he viewed as their equals? of course not.....you know why? no not cause hes a "choker" its because the cowboys have a ? line (except tyron smith)
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Bunch o regular joes talkin out there ass about how NFL offenses work...sometimes 'I don't know' is a viable and.acceptable answer.
  • b*braze
    b*braze Members Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    s2jepeka wrote: »
    Bunch o regular joes talkin out there ass about how NFL offenses work...sometimes 'I don't know' is a viable and.acceptable answer.

sorry, us regular joes aint all got time to be sittin in the basement analyzing game film. do enlighten everyone, from your extensive experience as an offensive coordinator in the NFL.
  • ghost!
    ghost! Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    b*braze wrote: »
    case in point... kurt warner.

GOAT system QB

smh..didn't he go to the superbowl with two different teams??? Don't remember any of the offensive coordinators being on the cardinals when they played the steelers in the superbowl?

every team runs a system, but on the IC some posters use the word "system" (cough)playmaker(cough) to discredit a lplayer they dont like. A great QB has the intangibles that other QBs dont have, and those intangibles will shine no matter who they play for.....

the eye tells you that every sunday you watch, no matter how long your line protects you or not,( because your lines does break down), you still have to read the defense and execute the play..whether you are being chanced out the pocket, about to take the hit, or have defenders at your feet and hands....there's a reason why the elite QBs are view as just that

and it's not a system they run, it's who they are. again it's the internet a lot of ? just come on here to talk..and not know what they are talking about

again for all those that want to say it's the line, these QBs still get hit, brady being one of them does get sacked, lets stop acting like he doesnt get sacked. just like brees gets sacked and a.rodgers and they are more mobile than brady but they all get sacked.
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    case in point... kurt warner.

GOAT system QB

Why wasn't Matt Lienart successful with the Cardinals then?

Warner came in as a "Washed up Backup" who was just there as a mentor for Matt cuz they saw how Warner helped out Eli in NY , They didnt even bring Warner in with any intention of being the starter

Only reason he got a chance is cuz how awful Matt was
  • ghost!
    edited January 2012
    Options
    oh and one more thing, the pats run the same offensive system as the bengals, just the verbage is different.
  • b*braze
    edited January 2012
    Options
    ghost! wrote: »
    smh..didn't he go to the superbowl with two different teams??? Don't remember any of the offensive coordinators being on the cardinals when they played the steelers in the superbowl?

so those last 2 years in st louis, his time in new york and those first 2 years in arizona didnt happen, right?
  • b*braze
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Why wasn't Matt Lienart successful with the Cardinals then?

Warner came in as a "Washed up Backup" who was just there as a mentor for Matt cuz they saw how Warner helped out Eli in NY , They didnt even bring Warner in with any intention of being the starter

Only reason he got a chance is cuz how awful Matt was

answered your own question... matt leinart was a terrible QB and couldnt run the offense.

this what i mean about "system" gettin a bad rap. i dont see why it has this negative connotation
  • bankrupt baller
    edited January 2012
    Options
    o-line is the #1 most important thing
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited January 2012
    Options
    answered your own question... matt leinart was a terrible QB and couldnt run the offense.

this what i mean about "system" gettin a bad rap. i dont see why it has this negative connotation

I didnt answer anything, if the "System" makes a QB , then Matt Leinart shouldnt have had any issues ...

he was working with the same players as Warner , Fact
  • ghost!
    edited January 2012
    Options
    so those last 2 years in st louis, his time in new york and those first 2 years in arizona didnt happen, right?

?? who said it didnt

you're calling him a system QB, aka saying he was as good as his system. I'm asking you how is he a "system" QB when he took two different franchises to the superbowl, in which i'm sure The rams nor The cardinals run the same offensive system.
  • ghost!
    edited January 2012
    Options
    o-line is the #1 most important thing

QB, then oline..that's why most teams draft a QB first, then get that left tackle to protect the QB. but yes your line is important hence why you have one, hence why the defense has a defensive one.
  • b*braze
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I didnt answer anything, if the "System" makes a QB , then Matt Leinart shouldnt have had any issues ...

he was working with the same players as Warner , Fact

system doesnt "make" the QB, its supposed to take advantage of the strengths of your players. kurt warner was very accurate but he had a weak arm. which was the rason when vermeil left and martz got on his "mad scientist-? the run lets throw this ? deep every other play" steez warner couldnt keep up and got replaced by bulger

kurt helped eli but he also started 9 games went 5-4 with 6 TDs 4 INTs. so they went ahead and threw eli in. he didnt fit that system.

started 10 games the following year in arizona went 2-8, 11 TDs 9 INTs and got yanked. he didnt fit denny green system

following year started 5 games went 1-4 6TDs 5 INTs

admittedly the cardinals were bad team, but he wasnt doin much

enter todd haley

2007 27 TDs 17 INTs
    2008 30 TDs 14INTs superbowl
    2009 26 TDs 14 INTs playoffs

put in the right situation kurt warner looks MVP/HOF
  • b*braze
    edited January 2012
    Options
    ghost! wrote: »
    ?? who said it didnt

you're calling him a system QB, aka saying he was as good as his system. I'm asking you how is he a "system" QB when he took two different franchises to the superbowl, in which i'm sure The rams nor The cardinals run the same offensive system.

doesnt have to be 1 very specific system/same exact coaches.

but the offense they ran in st louis under vermeil/martz and in arizona under whisenhunt/haley were similar. a lot of 3 WR sets and crossing patterns
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    romo had the 4th best qb rating this year behind only brees,brady and rodgers.......is he viewed as their equals? of course not.....you know why? no not cause hes a "choker" its because the cowboys have a ? line (except tyron smith)

How about the fact that he doesnt have a ring....all those 3 have a ring. Get a ring then you get into the convo. Romo hasnt done ? to be considered in the same league as those three.
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited January 2012
    Options
    So everytime a player is succesful in sports and especially the NFL ya'll just gonna run with the "Oh it was the system" ..???

at no Pro level in majority sports will just a "System" get it done, the player himself either can get the job done or not ..

Like Brees Won in N.O. and "Oh it's the system/packages he passes all the time and has all those weapons" , Tom Brady wins it "it's they system" , Matt Flynn has a Random game and now all of a sudden "Oh Aaron Rodger might not be that good it's the System" are ya'll serious? Lol

so all the top tier QB's in the NFL are just average at best guys who just keep getting Lucky week in and week out at the highest level of Play??

Either u can get the job done or not, a "System" is not gonna be enough to hide someone at the highest level of competition
  • rage
    edited January 2012
    Options
    you mad huh?

Yeah, school systems being what they are apparently....
  • rage
    edited January 2012
    Options
    So everytime a player is succesful in sports and especially the NFL ya'll just gonna run with the "Oh it was the system" ..???

at no Pro level in majority sports will just a "System" get it done, the player himself either can get the job done or now ..

Like Brees Won in N.O. and "Oh it's the system/packages he passes all the time and has all those weapons" , Tom Brady wins it "it's they system" , Matt Flynn has a Random game and now all of a sudden "Oh Aaron Rodger might not be that good it's the System" are ya'll serious? Lol

so all the top tier QB's in the NFL are just average at best guys who just keep getting Lucky week in and week out at the highest level of Play??

Either u can get the job done or not, a "System" is not gonna be enough to hide someone at the highest level of competition

/Thread....

The "system" excuse is the haters/morons cop out.
  • b*braze
    edited January 2012
    Options

at no Pro level in majority sports will just a "System" get it done, the player himself either can get the job done or not ..

no you over simplifying.

some do better in certain systems. some are good no matter what. a great deal are just mediocre and bad QB's.

im not part of the brady and rodgers are "system QBs" crowd, but there is a reason that term exists. its not a myth.

systems arent supposed to hide QB flaws, it (is supposed to) accentuates your TEAMS strengths.
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited January 2012
    Options
    no you over simplifying.

some do better in certain systems. some are good no matter what. a great deal are just mediocre and bad QB's

Thats my point, either u can get it done or not

Either u make great decisions with the football or u cant

either u fold under pressure or not

a system cant hide that
  • b*braze
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Thats my point, either u can get it done or not

Either u make great decisions with the football or u cant

either u fold under pressure or not

a system cant hide that

i agree. but im sayin systems dont hide flaws. if anything they expose them. see kurt warner.

i dont know why yall seem to think im sayin every great QB in existence is a system QB. i named one name.