Drake is a poor man's NELLY

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ROFL.GUY
    ROFL.GUY Members Posts: 3,117 ✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    The Jamel wrote: »
    ? i had a dodge omni and copped kings of comedy soundtrack just for that king of this city track, had my legacy 6x9's thumpin...

the good days...

shout to jamel!
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    edited January 2012
    Options
    ROFL.GUY wrote: »
    ROFL

drake stole his style and does a ? job tryin to replicate it..

Drake will never be as successful as NELLY..
    if by successful you mean fall all the way the ? off after 3 years then aight
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Legend in Two Sports Posts: 8,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    The Jamel wrote: »
    nelly's car collection ? on drake's whole musical career.

no for real, nelly wanna of the few rappers out that know how to make an old school look clean as ? .

he had some mean ass cutdawgs...

jamel a real ? through an through ....

2000 was a good year, hell of a year for us that were just becoming adults and coming of age ....
  • ROFL.GUY
    edited January 2012
    Options

ROFL

nelly 30mil albums sold

drake 2mil albums sold

pretty big 3 years.. (he had a 5yr run) -- ROFL @ drakes "success" compared to nelly
  • [Deleted User]
    edited January 2012
    Options

every good ? falls, what u talking about broad play ya position ....

what nelly did was unprecedented and thats fact .... what drake does is average to be honest, nelly set records ........

respect what deserves respect and hop off that ? ............
  • atribecalledgabi
    edited January 2012
    Options
    longevity>>>>>

if ? wana look up to a flop from 10 years ago then go right head.
  • ROFL.GUY
    edited January 2012
    Options
    By no means am I a Drake fan, never bought or heard any of his albums in its entirety... but come on now, Nelly better than Drake?... and they wonder why the Reason turned to ? smh

why you put down nelly act like he the worstthing hip-hop ever seen or somethin

nelly i
  • ROFL.GUY
    edited January 2012
    Options
    longevity>>>>>

exactly

highly doubt drake will be around in 2018

nelly been in the game 10+ years his last single is 3x PLAT....
  • Plop Star
    Plop Star Members Posts: 8,833 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    i cant lie, nelly had them hits

and after this cracka posted ride with me

im goin with nelly
  • [Deleted User]
    edited January 2012
    Options
    longevity>>>>>

why u speaking on longevity ?

u talking about country grammar hittin folks over the head with 9 million sold while killing the charts for two years, or u speaking about that follow up that hit 6 million ?

choose one .
  • atribecalledgabi
    edited January 2012
    Options
    do you know how easy it is to get 3 million downloads off a single? kim kardashian did that. it's not special. the stats on his last album should prove nelly ain't ? anymore. i'm no drake fan but y'all talkin like nelly is jay-z or some ? . just pullin random people to put drake's name next to to get thread views.
  • Plop Star
    edited January 2012
    Options
    drake damn sho aint no jay
  • bankenstein
    bankenstein Members Posts: 227 ✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Country Grammar was a classic tho
  • ROFL.GUY
    edited January 2012
    Options
    drake isnt more lyrical then nelly

how is he? post it
  • stealthbomber
    stealthbomber Members Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    yall talk about album sales but no one sells anymore so u cant compare drake and nellys sales. if nelly dropped country grammar today it might go gold. lyrically drake ? on nelly but musically ill give it to nelly.
  • Plop Star
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Never said he was the worst, i ? with his BS singles, but to say he's better than Drake is fuckeries.. Drake got him lyrically and as a songwriter as well, only thing in Nelly's corner is album sales and thats just bcuz of the era he was popping in. He was in the game 4 years and burned out lol smh.. im sure Drake will exceed that.

Country Grammar 2000 - Sweatsuit 2004.. RIP after that.

nelly did more in them 4 years than drake will ever do

we cant compare the two any way

drake is R&B
  • [Deleted User]
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Never said he was the worst, i ? with his BS singles, but to say he's better than Drake is fuckeries.. Drake got him lyrically and as a songwriter as well, only thing in Nelly's corner is album sales and thats just bcuz of the era he was popping in. He was in the game 4 years and burned out lol smh.. im sure Drake will exceed that.

Country Grammar 2000 - Sweatsuit 2004.. RIP after that.

if u wanna use the 4 year run as a angle it wont work .... with nelly going up against titans like jigga dmx nas ludacris llcoolj etc. he held his own by far and exceeded the expectations of haters as yaself ....

check this out duke, nelly hits the scene in may-june 2000 wit the single "country grammar" noboy knows who the ? this st.louis repppin muthufuka is but yet an still he gravitates to the masses to push 9million albums sold .

how can u disrespect the man by comparing him to anything "drizzy" has touched LoL, its asinine playboy .
  • [Deleted User]
    edited January 2012
    Options
    ROFL.GUY wrote: »
    drake isnt more lyrical then nelly

how is he? post it

they wont prove it or post it, nelly kicked slick ? thru them country tunes which is why he ? on soundscan his first two albums ...
  • atribecalledgabi
    edited January 2012
    Options
    i'm just kidd'n like jason.............lol
  • ROFL.GUY
    edited January 2012
    Options
    You should post in Donkey more often with your trolling antics, sure u would do go over there, but u prolly shook of being exposed.. so you continue to hone ur skills in here and the CS, I aint mad at you.

Thats you doing ur best Miss Cleo impersonation, I cant entertain psychics.

And Nelly was.....?

Thats cool, I salute him for that.. doesnt negate the fact that he sucked at rapping, and didnt last as Luda, Wayne, Tip, Fab.. or any other rapper in his era.. the 2000 - 2004 ? that starting making waves... miss me with the he sold more than them BS, they're relevant today, he isnt.

nelly 30mil in 4yrs >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> wayne 11mil in 13 years
  • [Deleted User]
    edited January 2012
    Options
    i'm just kidd'n like jason.............lol

what u trying to expose with that bar broad LoL ....
  • Gooner
    Gooner Members Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Nelly >> Drake...how soon ppl forget...lol at mentioning longevity...if nelly and ja rule fell off so fast y cant drake? silly girl
  • [Deleted User]
    edited January 2012
    Options
    You should post in Donkey more often with your trolling antics, sure u would do go over there, but u prolly shook of being exposed.. so continue to hone ur skills in here and the CS, I aint mad at you.

Thats you doing ur best Miss Cleo impersonation, I cant entertain psychics.

And Nelly was.....?

Thats cool, I salute him for that.. doesnt negate the fact that he sucked at rapping, and didnt last as long as Luda, Wayne, Tip, Fab.. or any other rapper in his era.. the 2000 - 2004 ? that starting making waves... miss me with the he sold more than them BS, they're relevant today, he isnt.

LoL @ Nell sucking at rapping while in the same post your paying homage to wayne luda and fab....

but yea lets get it right wayne and tip didn't start making tidal waves until 05 playboy, a year before that nelly dropped his multi plat double album .

u can say the ? sucked at rappin, just like we can say the highest selling rapper of today sucks, right .
  • [Deleted User]
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Nelly >> Drake...how soon ppl forget...lol at mentioning longevity...if nelly and ja rule fell off so fast y cant drake? silly girl

same ? i'm yelling my ? , how can folks forget about nelly coming out the blue and having the industry in his whirlwind ............