Was "Last Real ? Alive" More Etherous than "Ether"?

Options
arbitration
arbitration Members Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭
edited January 2012 in The Reason
Don't get me wrong, Ether is obviously the greatest KO diss track of all time. But Last Real ? Alive was spit from a perspective of truth. Nas was just rhyming about real ass events as they unfolded, plus that last line was just cold-blooded. "It hurt me when I had to ? him, and his whole squad for dolo.

Damn.

Comments

• its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    that was the nail in the coffin basically, when jay was trying to recover from ether with 2 ? diss songs and challenging nas to a pay per view battle, nas basically put a stamp on the victory with this song
  • jek
    jek Members Posts: 1,786 ✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Actually, their money difference is just too too broad, to overlook, as it nullifies any ground Nas covers on wax. This reality rap, and that's that....

So....Nas is a clown, vehemently, when you look at the value of his Estate vs. The mega-meals he's had on his plate since '98

? is talking about just the rap aspect of it man, not all that other dumb ? that don't make a difference on wax.
  • contemplate
    contemplate Members Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    just listening to this song yesterday and it's better than ether

ether isn't even that good tho, it doesn't have any real facts supporting it or anything. takeover is better than both tho
  • Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    jek wrote: »
    Lol @ ether not having real facts yet Jay still biting Biggie lines, Jay was on some Stan ? wanting to do songs with Nas before the beef, Foxy Brown did have a big role in him getting exposure early on in his career and Jay did get murdered on his own ? by Em. Sounds like some facts in there to me

You forgot about "You think you getting girls cause of your looks? ? please." That line really hurt Jay on some Vietnam ? .
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    It's not dumb ? , if you use common sense.

Nas opponent doesn't have the ability, nor motivation, to think of music/song-writing, beyond a profit he can make. He said it himself, on Reasonable Doubt

when he told lames that he was only in this ? to make a profit
    so he won't have the same motivation nor wavelength, when writing songs, like happy-go-lucky niggus such as Nas have

So in other words ...

As rappers, Nas >>> Jay-Z

???
  • a posting ape
    a posting ape Members Posts: 335
    edited January 2012
    Options
    ether is the most overrated diss song of all time
  • rip.dilla
    edited January 2012
    Options
    ether is the most overrated diss song of all time

Yes it is

It's so overrated that the person who that song was directed at was cheerful and happy when being interviewed at Hot 97 about it
  • Mumo 13X
    Mumo 13X Members Posts: 123
    edited January 2012
    Options

So....Nas is a clown, vehemently

2012, i dont get how an emcee who gave us ILLmatic is a Clown. So u like to hate on Nas but u love praisin dat ? flop Mayweather? It dont make sense bruh. Ether is the GOAT Diss and i see it as pointless debatin bout a rappers wealth. Lets talk music. And yall dont wanna go there. LOL!
  • a-grave247
    a-grave247 Members Posts: 780 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    oh ? another ? riding thread jesus let it go.Nas and Jay jesus theres more things happening in hip hop....
  • rip.dilla
    edited January 2012
    Options
    a-grave247 wrote: »
    oh ? another ? riding thread jesus let it go.Nas and Jay jesus theres more things happening in hip hop....

Like Common vs Drake
  • rip.dilla
    edited January 2012
    Options
    As an intelligent-type of-creative rapper, yes, Nas is far far better...and bcuz he's light skinned, more than JayZ, people try to pretend then that there is some neck&neck, dead-even status, between the two

Oh so Nas is better than Jigga artistically and because he's light-skinned?

Last time I checked, Jigga was the darling of the White controlled media and is the spouse of the biggest pop entertainer currently

So how does that favour Nasir?
  • mrclassick
    mrclassick Members Posts: 86
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Etherous < Is not A word.
  • mrclassick
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Don't get me wrong, Ether is obviously the greatest KO diss track of all time. But Last Real ? Alive was spit from a perspective of truth. Nas was just rhyming about real ass events as they unfolded, plus that last line was just cold-blooded. "It hurt me when I had to ? him, and his whole squad for dolo.

The object in A battle is to ultimately lower your opponent and elevate yourself in Stature & Monetarily, These things didn't happen. / Nas didn't win, But it was A good battle.
  • mrclassick
    edited January 2012
    Options
    sionb55 wrote: »
    I think so, because it really just broke down the start & finish of the whole thing. Definitely a great way to slay a ? LOLOL especially after ether & H-to-the-omo. After that there's nothing really to say, LOL @ jay tryna get the last word on Blueprint 2 ? was weak in comparison (still a good song tho).

The object in A battle is to ultimately lower your opponent and elevate yourself in Stature & Monetarily, These things didn't happen. / Nas didn't win, But it was A good battle.
  • Mumo 13X
    Mumo 13X Members Posts: 123
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Nasir light skin??
  • mrclassick
    edited January 2012
    Options
    that was the nail in the coffin basically, when jay was trying to recover from ether with 2 ? diss songs and challenging nas to a pay per view battle, nas basically put a stamp on the victory with this song

• mrclassick
    edited January 2012
    Options
    just listening to this song yesterday and it's better than ether

ether isn't even that good tho, it doesn't have any real facts supporting it or anything. takeover is better than both tho

Thread starter, you can learn something from contemplate
  • just.might.b.ok
    just.might.b.ok Members Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    how many Biggie lines is gonna come out your fat lips
  • mrclassick
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Wild Self wrote: »
    You forgot about "You think you getting girls cause of your looks? ? please." That line really hurt Jay on some Vietnam ? .

It doesn't matter what Nas said or what you think, Jay Z has the Lady he wants, Nas ?, Paying child support and still getting played by these chicks out, He just won't smarten up.
  • mrclassick
    edited January 2012
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    So in other words ...

As rappers, Nas >>> Jay-Z

???

I see your point but, Jay Z & Nas are in the same business, And that business is all about bringing in the Money < enough said.
  • mrclassick
    edited January 2012
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    Yes it is

It's so overrated that the person who that song was directed at was cheerful and happy when being interviewed at Hot 97 about it
    Wonk wonk........
  • arbitration
    arbitration Members Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    mrclassick wrote: »
    It doesn't matter what Nas said or what you think, Jay Z has the Lady he wants, Nas ?, Paying child support and still getting played by these chicks out, He just won't smarten up.

With all due respect, this thread isn't about that. It's about a comparison between 2 songs. If you want to start the 1000th who won the beef thread, go post your own thread.
  • heavyrelish
    heavyrelish Members Posts: 476 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    It's not dumb ? , if you use common sense.

Nas opponent doesn't have the ability, nor motivation, to think of music/song-writing, beyond a profit he can make. He said it himself, on Reasonable Doubt

when he told lames that he was only in this ? to make a profit
    so he won't have the same motivation nor wavelength, when writing songs, like happy-go-lucky niggus such as Nas have

here we go!!
  • mrclassick
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Mumo 13X wrote: »
    2012, i dont get how an emcee who gave us ILLmatic is a Clown. So u like to hate on Nas but u love praisin dat ? flop Mayweather? It dont make sense bruh. Ether is the GOAT Diss and i see it as pointless debatin bout a rappers wealth. Lets talk music. And yall dont wanna go there. LOL!

Allow me to go there, You have A point to A degree, Take away all of Jay Z's outside ventures and just add the record sales, Jay Z beats Nas, Only option you're left with is to call us fans mindless stans or we don't know music, either way you shouldn't blame the fans, Oh yeah I have both Nas & Jay Z's music, But I'll let you tell it.
  • heavyrelish
    heavyrelish Members Posts: 476 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    After all these years the fact that this battle still ignites such passion says alot. Jigga fans are a lot like republicans critiquing Obama. They wanna say and believe that Obama didnt do ? , that hes so terrible, that hes this hes that. But deep deep down in their heart of hearts, they know that boy did that!!