Was "Last Real ? Alive" More Etherous than "Ether"?

Comments

• mrclassick
    mrclassick Members Posts: 86
    edited January 2012
    With all due respect, this thread isn't about that. It's about a comparison between 2 songs. If you want to start the 1000th who won the beef thread, go post your own thread.

I was replying to A comment someone else made, And its in context, you might not agree but that's what it is.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    -Cooning w/ the N.I.G.G.E.R. album

LMBAO

? Please
  • mrclassick
    mrclassick Members Posts: 86
    edited January 2012
    After all these years the fact that this battle still ignites such passion says alot. Jigga fans are a lot like republicans critiquing Obama. They wanna say and believe that Obama didnt do ? , that hes so terrible, that hes this hes that. But deep deep down in their heart of hearts, they know that boy did that!!

I don't know what Nas did besides rap on A track dissing Jay Z, I take it you thought it was good, But comparing me who is A Fan to A Republican, That's where I draw the line, That's A blood in your mouth get your back ? kind of statement.
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Nas is not lightskin bro.

Anyways the last real ? alive is a classic.I like the part that he talks about raekwon and biggie.
  • rip.dilla
    edited January 2012
    When ? wanna argue about music solely, other ? start bringing in material wealth and album sales

Some ? don't change, SMH
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Only Jay fans can live through another ? 's pocket and have sexual fantasies through him and his wife.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Don't get me wrong, Ether is obviously the greatest KO diss track of all time. But Last Real ? Alive was spit from a perspective of truth. Nas was just rhyming about real ass events as they unfolded, plus that last line was just cold-blooded. "It hurt me when I had to ? him, and his whole squad for dolo.

Damn.

To Nas fans (like myself) that ? was worse than ether because it put everything in perspective and made Jay look like a dude filled with bitchassness. He made dude seem like he was a snake on the highest level, like dude had no morals. The stuff Nas was saying about Jay in that song, made it so no real dude could even ? with Jay anymore. That ? was just disgusting, about how bad Jay wanted to be dude, and how he idolized dude. How he was trying to take his spot, and then when Nas takes a break to take care of his sick mother that's when Jay smells blood and attacks.

Basically, Nas destroyed his character and broke down who he was as a man or lack thereof. He destroyed his mind and soul lol. He made JayZ shift from a hip-hop star to a pop "I need to make the charts" artist. It was like JayZ knew he could no longer run the race of the best emcee, so he went another route, and decided to become a hip-POP artist instead.

... Too bad there's no way to tell if Nas was telling the truth about all that ? or if Nas was simply bending the truth like most of us do in a roast session.
  • rip.dilla
    edited January 2012
    "The Gift & The Curse? ? that ? , the first shall be last ..."
  • rip.dilla
    edited January 2012
    Can't separate the two

Oh yes you can

I know I can ...
  • jek
    jek Members Posts: 1,786 ✭✭
    edited January 2012
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    When ? wanna argue about music solely, other ? start bringing in material wealth and album sales

Some ? don't change, SMH

Co sign.....It's amusing to get in this thread and see ? talk about ? that happen AFTER the battle was over that has nothing to do with the bars!!! If Ether was overrated it wouldn't be its own catch phase and this is the same Joint that had Jay at radio stations cryin and sounding like an emotional ? like the Jigga warriors get on this site. In terms of feelings being caught (which I thought was the point of battles) It's the best diss song of all time only because aside from those reports that Biggie confronted Faith after hit em up dropped, we don't really know if the song It'self had the ? crying. Hit em did make Big pull a papa Doc tho and not respond on the spot but I'm talkin about a reciprocal so and so answered back battle...you can't deny what ether did if you have any objectivity at all
  • I'm THAT guy...
    I'm THAT guy... Members Posts: 2,544
    edited January 2012
    Ether was overhyped though, Last Real ? Alive is much better.
  • bdbdbd
    bdbdbd Members Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    yeh i always thought the same...or atleast its a disguntingly underated song...from the title of the song to the final KO line....? is dopeness
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    I put up a topic of BP2 vs. Last Real ? Alive, and no one said much.

Guess it just stings all over again.
  • Silverfoxxx
    Silverfoxxx Members Posts: 1,066
    edited January 2012
    Life Is Good dunn. Nas the best to ever do it. GOAT
  • rip.dilla
    edited January 2012
    You don't put out a track, like Ether, then go beg it's victim for a job 4 years later

lank ... ?
  • bdbdbd
    bdbdbd Members Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012

You don't put out a track, like Ether, then go beg it's victim for a job 4 years later...I can go and on, and all you can do is play Cap'n'Sav'em for Nas. Factually!!

as much as i rate nas as an MC, i can never understand or cosign his move to work UNDER jay.......that was the last thing i expected

he had to have swallowed more pride than ice la fox did ?
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Strange, I thought nas worked under LA. Reid not Jay.
  • semi-auto-mato
    semi-auto-mato Members Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    ether is better imo...it was a lot more entertaining. for some reason last real ? alive is not a hard diss track to me. its
    more about nas life with a few lines at jay and those lines wasnt to damaging. jmo
  • ...MVP...
    ...MVP... Members Posts: 647 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    ether is better imo...it was a lot more entertaining. for some reason last real ? alive is not a hard diss track to me. its
    more about nas life with a few lines at jay and those lines wasnt to damaging. jmo

..............Dat
  • I'm THAT guy...
    I'm THAT guy... Members Posts: 2,544
    edited January 2012
    jek wrote: »
    I'm sayin tho,...in order for LRNA to be that perfect finisher that it was, you needed Ether to do the heavy lifting and wound the ? first. I don't think Ether was over hyped at all because you have to look at the totality of the situation. The biggest most popular rapper alive was on a rampage and we didn't know it yet but he was ending Prodigy's career with the same song. Nas had one foot out the game already coming off his mom dying and a bad Nastradamous album so nobody even knew what to expect from a guy not known for battling being at the most weakest vulnerable point in his life. So for him to rise up with Ether and show some ol " Heart of a champion" ? and actually smash takeover the way he did was nothing short of unbelievable. Ether had everything from wittieness, to low blows highlighting embarrassments like the UN stabbing and the Hawaiian sofie, and the tybo line....it had personals like the Rusle Simmons lines the biting B.I.G. direct responces to a few of the takover lines like calling Nas garbage, and the you wanted to be on all of my classics line. It had everything I didn't expect from a guy who was suppose to be finished as a rapper period much less a battle rapper.

I just feel that the situation leading up to the song was greater than the actual song, yeah he had some funny jokes and nice bars but Last Real ? Alive was more factual. Plus the way he delivered the story so calm and effectively allowed you to look at Nas and Jays rivalry more in-depth.
  • And_So_It_Burns
    And_So_It_Burns Members Posts: 921 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    mrclassick wrote: »
    I see your point but, Jay Z & Nas are in the same business, And that business is all about bringing in the Money < enough said.
    By your idiot groupie logic
    Nelly>>>>Rakim, Common, Mos Def, Talib, Lupe enough said
    We're talking about rapping skills homie stick to the script
  • arbitration
    arbitration Members Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    By your idiot groupie logic
    Nelly>>>>Rakim, Common, Mos Def, Talib, Lupe enough said
    We're talking about rapping skills homie stick to the script

Thank you, lol. It got mad quiet once they didnt find any responses to that one.
  • Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    niggu please. You sound like a damn fool, acting like the truth don't matter
    before and after the battle!!

You don't put out a track, like Ether, then go beg it's victim for a job 4 years later...I can go and on, and all you can do is play Cap'n'Sav'em for Nas. Factually!!

Nas didn't sign to Rocafella lol. He signed to Def Jam and he still has gotten success over there; a lot more than most artists at that time period. Jay ain't no boss, cause he still has to answer to Doug Morris (look him up).
  • KeepinItHundred
    KeepinItHundred Members Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    yeah i agree with 2012, why listen to nas when you can listen to a ? talk about how real he is and how good he wishes he was 24/7 or some ? stuck in the mafioso fase 15 years after it's gone stale.
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    To Nas fans (like myself) that ? was worse than ether because it put everything in perspective and made Jay look like a dude filled with bitchassness. He made dude seem like he was a snake on the highest level, like dude had no morals. The stuff Nas was saying about Jay in that song, made it so no real dude could even ? with Jay anymore. That ? was just disgusting, about how bad Jay wanted to be dude, and how he idolized dude. How he was trying to take his spot, and then when Nas takes a break to take care of his sick mother that's when Jay smells blood and attacks.

Basically, Nas destroyed his character and broke down who he was as a man or lack thereof. He destroyed his mind and soul lol. He made JayZ shift from a hip-hop star to a pop "I need to make the charts" artist. It was like JayZ knew he could no longer run the race of the best emcee, so he went another route, and decided to become a hip-POP artist instead.

... Too bad there's no way to tell if Nas was telling the truth about all that ? or if Nas was simply bending the truth like most of us do in a roast session.

Strong post right here...there's no rules in battle, but the fact Jay tried to destroy Nas' character while he was attending to his dying mother...that another thing right there that made me look at Jay at a different light.
    niggu please. You sound like a damn fool, acting like the truth don't matter
    before and after the battle!!

mrclassick wrote: »
    I see your point but, Jay Z & Nas are in the same business, And that business is all about bringing in the Money < enough said.

For 2012 and mrclassick:
    Wild Self wrote: »
    Nas didn't sign to Rocafella lol. He signed to Def Jam and he still has gotten success over there; a lot more than most artists at that time period. Jay ain't no boss, cause he still has to answer to Doug Morris (look him up).

? will sleep on that point. I've been saying this forever.