Was "Last Real ? Alive" More Etherous than "Ether"?

124»

Comments

• EuropeanAndWhite
    EuropeanAndWhite Members Posts: 520
    edited January 2012
    bdbdbd wrote: »
    as much as i rate nas as an MC, i can never understand or cosign his move to work UNDER jay.......that was the last thing i expected

he had to have swallowed more pride than ice la fox did ?

we don't know any of these contracts, do we? we dont know ? about the conditions of that deal. yeah, jay was the pres which was the only reason for nas to even join def jam i guess. he partnered up with jay, thats a little different from working UNDER him.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    *Shakes his head as he looks at this thread, absolutely astounded and bewildered*

Look at what what Ether has still done almost 11 years later. You start a thread that's not even about Ether like that, and Jay fans immediately have to tear it down to stop any intellectual discussion.

Really, its amazing when you think about it. Jay Z has made millions of dollars. He owns a basketball team. He's married to one of the most beautiful women in the world, who just spawned his offspring. He's regarded as one of the most influential musicians in world history, Yet that one moment in time in 2001 continues to wreak havoc on his fans psyce. His fans get cold sweats everytime they see a thread that even mentions Nas. You can see in these posts that they are genuinely wounded still by the loss that Jay suffered. And that wound continues to fester, and reopens anytime someone mentions a peep about Nas. His fans still can't take his L with dignity. The same loss that the overwhelming majority of hip hop agrees he suffered/

Nas was correct. This is the Ether. The ? that makes your Soul burn slow.

Couldn't have said it better
  • 'nino'jacob
    'nino'jacob Members Posts: 154
    edited January 2012
    You Nas fanatics aren't doing my man justice by dedicating 99% of his threads to a decade old beef. I mean duke got a damn near 20 year career and is still an active rapper. Yet, damn near all his theads seem to be dedicated to this old ass ? . That says alot right there.

this is true.
  • innercity99
    innercity99 Members Posts: 892
    edited January 2012
    This post, makes no sense.

What about people who dislike JayZ, more than, they dislike lame azz Nas???.... then...join these discussions to ensure truth got spoke??

...for instance, maybe people mad about ether
    because it's fiction poetry, yet, lame azz Nas fans treat it like it's true gospel...while 'the Takeover' is fact-based, all the while lames here treat it like it's as fictitious as Ether was

That needs to be mentioned, that needs to be pointed out...as only a Nas fan who hates, reality, will post what you posted above----in the face of facts.

Let's do a bar-by-bar, breakdown, see who dropped the most facts and truths
    ask any Nas fan, to do that, and they never ever want to take you up on the offer.

According 2 Nasir fans they know 4 a fact that Jay was getting Chased through his Building and he ain't even give him his number lls smh
  • jek
    jek Members Posts: 1,786 ✭✭
    edited January 2012
    oh ok so thats why following ether had a successful album in blueprint 2 and a good album i might had besides the obvious fillers he had a lot of good to great music on there...and then followed that up with the black album which some including my self considers a classic so wut did ether do to jay-z really?? when u say it burned his soul explain how please

cause i didnt see it oh unless u want to bring up him "crying" on hot 97 that really get u nasir fans all happy go lucky and i put quotations on crying cause yall are reaching but i get the joke so no need to comment any further... i never once said ether is overrated nore do i think it is...its a great diss and in my eyes the "hottest" song nas has ever created its

far from factual tho in the delusional minds of u nasir fans he's spitting the truth but i mean fan is short for fanatic for a reason

Wtf are you talkin about? Lol blueprint 2? BLUEPRINT 2 is your rebutal? That's the worst double CD in the history first of all. Maybe Jay was still tryin get his momentum back but BP as in album was trash!! I try to be polite and not count that one so Notice that's why I said The Black album. I'm highly insulted that you would even reach for BP2 in this discussion because that album and the song BP2 was trash!! As a song the ? came off whinning like a ? on the record to the fans about letting Nas win. Wtf? Just a childish ? whinfest

After Ether this ? Jay had to run to Europe and take a break and regroup did you forget that? While he was over there Camron and the dipset end up holding down the Roc. That don't sound like a guy that won the battle to me. You keep sayin what did Ether do to Jay. Well nothing in terms of ending his career obviously because aside from battles Jay always had the ability to make Hit or miss Albums. He did that before the battle and does that ? now so in terms of music making and hits that appeal to whites enough to get money yeah...same Jay.....but Ether did effect his courage to step into the ring wit rappers whether they underdogs or not. After Ether he's been called out by Camron, Jaz o, Beanie Seagal,Game, Lil Wayne, ? Gucci mane of all guys....with the exception of Mos Def (and even he's popular enough to be debatable)these ain't underground just ignore them guys cuz nobody know them type of rappers. No Ether didn't stop the man's money because Jay always been a good business man. Jigga warriors is in this thread arguing about something that's obvious but nobody's talkin about that ? . We talkin about when he was the biggest rapper out and when he was in his prime he thought he could be an opportunist and diss a conscious non battle rap guy he was always Jelous of that had one foot out the game, and that ? came back and verbally whooped his ass. PERIOD!!! This ain't about who sold the most afterwards, who married to who since then or non of that irrelevant BS you Jigga fans be on. Just except that your man has had an amazing career but battling Nas turned into a low point that he came back from. Yall ? be tryna change rap history up n ? . Nas will be alright because he's had ups and downs but he has 3 classics under his belt. Only rapper that can say that is Pac and Cube and Jay if he drops one more.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Some of y'all are takin' this ? too personally...Like Jay/Nas are ya cousins or something...

Anyway...Takeover > Ether...LRNA=BP2
  • monolithicpaw
    monolithicpaw Members Posts: 246 ✭✭
    edited January 2012
    It aint about the money. it's about the culture, the love ? ! Money is a tool of satan. anyone who has a ? Knows that it's about the love. It is a definite fact that you can't take money with you. But the culture? There are saints in heaven trying to be down with this rap ? . So that they can praiise their Lord with the purest form of praise that there is. and that is this Rap ? . Nigguh! go crawl back under that rock that keeps you from basking in the sunshine. And give praise to the most High. when you realize that the ? you subscribe to provides no type of sustenance for you and yours. May my lord have pity on your soul. Until then keep living that weak ass exisitence that you call life, You heathen you.
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    edited January 2012
    LRNA is ill but da ? aint ? wit ether.............

• a-grave247
    a-grave247 Members Posts: 780 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    yea Nas fans dont are the most pathetic fans in hip hop... just seems like they ALWAYS trying to validate this ? career "Illmatic is the goat and if u dont agree then ? u and ur family casue u dont know ? about hip hop" or ether is the goat and u a ? rider and a "jigga warrior" if u dont agree and they can never make a thread without mentioning Jay

so actually they should be thanking Jay for revitalizing Nasir's Career instead of hating on the man at every turn its just sad smh

Co sign.A lot of Nas fans are pathetic on this site you can't like both Jay or Nas or if you are more of Jay z fan then you are jigga warrior.? is pathetic.
  • jek
    edited January 2012
    It aint about the money. it's about the culture, the love ? ! Money is a tool of satan. anyone who has a ? Knows that it's about the love. It is a definite fact that you can't take money with you. But the culture? There are saints in heaven trying to be down with this rap ? . So that they can praiise their Lord with the purest form of praise that there is. and that is this Rap ? . Nigguh! go crawl back under that rock that keeps you from basking in the sunshine. And give praise to the most High. when you realize that the ? you subscribe to provides no type of sustenance for you and yours. May my lord have pity on your soul. Until then keep living that weak ass exisitence that you call life, You heathen you.

LMAO @ the bolded, Angels wanna be down wit the rap game? They in Heaven mind you but they tryna be down wit this rap ? . They rather be at the local music store tryna get that new 50 joint? I don't know about that bruh lol
  • innercity99
    edited January 2012
    jek wrote: »
    Wtf are you talkin about? Lol blueprint 2? BLUEPRINT 2 is your rebutal? That's the worst double CD in the history first of all. Maybe Jay was still tryin get his momentum back but BP as in album was trash!! I try to be polite and not count that one so Notice that's why I said The Black album. I'm highly insulted that you would even reach for BP2 in this discussion because that album and the song BP2 was trash!! As a song the ? came off whinning like a ? on the record to the fans about letting Nas win. Wtf? Just a childish ? whinfest

After Ether this ? Jay had to run to Europe and take a break and regroup did you forget that? While he was over there Camron and the dipset end up holding down the Roc. That don't sound like a guy that won the battle to me. You keep sayin what did Ether do to Jay. Well nothing in terms of ending his career obviously because aside from battles Jay always had the ability to make Hit or miss Albums. He did that before the battle and does that ? now so in terms of music making and hits that appeal to whites enough to get money yeah...same Jay.....but Ether did effect his courage to step into the ring wit rappers whether they underdogs or not. After Ether he's been called out by Camron, Jaz o, Beanie Seagal,Game, Lil Wayne, ? Gucci mane of all guys....with the exception of Mos Def (and even he's popular enough to be debatable)these ain't underground just ignore them guys cuz nobody know them type of rappers. No Ether didn't stop the man's money because Jay always been a good business man. Jigga warriors is in this thread arguing about something that's obvious but nobody's talkin about that ? . We talkin about when he was the biggest rapper out and when he was in his prime he thought he could be an opportunist and diss a conscious non battle rap guy he was always Jelous of that had one foot out the game, and that ? came back and verbally whooped his ass. PERIOD!!! This ain't about who sold the most afterwards, who married to who since then or non of that irrelevant BS you Jigga fans be on. Just except that your man has had an amazing career but battling Nas turned into a low point that he came back from. Yall ? be tryna change rap history up n ? . Nas will be alright because he's had ups and downs but he has 3 classics under his belt. Only rapper that can say that is Pac and Cube and Jay if he drops one more.

Ok so u think Blueprint 2 was garbage well thats how u feel and im not about 2 sit up here and argue with u about how it's not like how me feeling that illmatic is the most boring and overrated album of all time is my opinion and I'm sure u wouldn't wanna waste ur time arguing other wise lls but then again as emotional as u are getting in this thread

maybe u would... But any way u sayin ? that doesn't help ur argument I never brought up jay's bank account so u r u? Nore did I bring up his marriage but u did I wonder y lls smh... Now the funniest thing u Nasir fans like 2 use as ammo is that ether made jay afraid 2 battle and if this is tru then answer me this...who b4 he retired dissed him? Because jay b4 kingdom come was still in full rapper mode was instead of president/rapper mode... I know u Nasir fans don't wanna hear this but it is what it is... ? did jay now cause

they know he comfortable and in a different place mentally but where were all these disses around ether or b4 or right after?
  • innercity99
    edited January 2012
    Cosign nas fans are insecure as ?

lmao @ jek in here emotional as usual typin mega paragraphs

Takeover>>>>Ether.Jigga>>>Nas

Yea the ? is really in his feelings smh
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    edited January 2012
    Niggu. Stop it.

Nas was sonning himself, intentionally, all the way thru LRNA ...but only you Nas stans will look at that, as the ? .

Only Nas stans think ether is hot? LMAO.........

• jek
    edited January 2012
    Hey y'all...watch what happens when you ask Nas stans to elaborate breakdown decipher any bars from LRNA or Ether...

Lol

Just watch how they simply won't engage you, they know better than to do it...

Nope. They never want to talk about specifics lol because they know the disguise comes off then, the fake Fuccery shines bright then, if you discuss his specific words in these songs

What's to break down? Im not gonna spend all day tryna copy in paste lyrical content like its some text rap votes. This is what I don't understand. Jay come wit some fictitious ? about Nas having one hot album, acts like the ochie wally situation is worst than all the Times He got ate up on wax himself, acted like dead presidents didn't have Nas fingerprints on it stylistically and taking the sample for the hook, and some cheesy guy in the background goin laaaaaaame, braaaaaaain, and gives everybody a clue that he was able to get Nas's sloppy seconds and yall ? wanna break ? down? Lol ? that ? .... Nas had 3 verses that hurt Jays feeling vs one verse of the ? I just said. To break it down would actually do more damage to the Jigga warrior argument than anything else. Now I will say this...Jay did more damage to Prodigy than to Nas and if this thread was about how Jay Shat on the Mobb then its a complete different story. But its common knowledge that when you but Jays ? verses Nas ? it didn't work out well.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    LOL a whole lotta aliases running rampant in this thread
  • jek
    edited January 2012
    Cosign nas fans are insecure as ?

lmao @ jek in here emotional as usual typin mega paragraphs

Takeover>>>>Ether.Jigga>>>Nas

As usual a ? like you who should be practicing putting more bass in your voice for the next time Ike call you, is in here with the rest of the Jay dickriders acting like you ain't reading the paragraphs. What ever ? , next week you'll be a Nas fan again when the next Pac thread pops up.
  • innercity99
    edited January 2012
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    LOL a whole lotta aliases running rampant in this thread

Don't be scared ? call'em out
  • alibaba
    alibaba Members Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Fo real the best line in that whole battle is when Hov got at Jungle

And ya lil homie Jungle is a garden to me

Shiit gets me evrytime LOL

Did we even celebrate Ether day in 2011? I know SOHH was having a ball over there but did the IC do anything??? NO festival? Carneval? Picnic? Anything?
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Dont think this neccesarily "ethered" Jay ...but i also believe that Ether really didnt "ether" jay as well ...this was more or less a perfect summation of the whole situation with a nice little bowtie on it to put it to bed ..... great track
  • jek
    edited January 2012
    Ok so u think Blueprint 2 was garbage well thats how u feel and im not about 2 sit up here and argue with u about how it's not like how me feeling that illmatic is the most boring and overrated album of all time is my opinion and I'm sure u wouldn't wanna waste ur time arguing other wise lls but then again as emotional as u are getting in this thread

maybe u would... But any way u sayin ? that doesn't help ur argument I never brought up jay's bank account so u r u? Nore did I bring up his marriage but u did I wonder y lls smh... Now the funniest thing u Nasir fans like 2 use as ammo is that ether made jay afraid 2 battle and if this is tru then answer me this...who b4 he retired dissed him? Because jay b4 kingdom come was still in full rapper mode was instead of president/rapper mode... I know u Nasir fans don't wanna hear this but it is what it is... ? did jay now cause

they know he comfortable and in a different place mentally but where were all these disses around ether or b4 or right after?

I'm not tryna hear the bolded. That sounds like excuses being made and yall tellin me I'm bein emotional lol. Jay Z was calling himself the number ? Mcees before the kingdom come album and he calls himself that now and talks slick subliminally so don't give me that ol "he's comfortable ? " so was Nas while his mom was dying and it didn't stop Jay from gettin at him. Jay was an Mcee when he bit off more than he can chew and he claim he one now yet when he get called out he tucks tail just like he did when Pac tried to call him out. I'm not even tripping tho man, I actually feel bad for you Jigga warriors because you have to be a fan of such a ? ass ? and you guys try so hard to rep him so strong. Look man.... He's a very good hit maker and business man which people can learn from that aspect of his career, but to act like this ? is unbeatable in combat when he's already beat beaten and ran from more than a handful of challengers is just cray.