dress for success.

Options
IamtheVILLE
IamtheVILLE Members Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2012 in For The Grown & Sexy
man i just want a thread to show men/women how to dress for success or how to be on your grown person. for example how to tie a tie. a lot of guys dont know how to tie a tie. if i didnt have a daddy growing up then i'd be like those cats. or when to button your suit. its usually one button when your walking and unbutton it when youre sitting down. or table manners/what fork or spoon to use. lets get it.

*this needs to be stickied*

Comments

• Idi Amin Dada
    Idi Amin Dada Members Posts: 3,192 ✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Gentlemen, for christ sakes PLEASE limit your sits to two buttons.
  • Idi Amin Dada
    edited January 2012
    Options
    wait...
    explain the buttons thing... plz...

That is unless you're tall. But the average man doesn't need 3 bottons, they look absurd.

Two button suit makes you look taller and lengthens your middle region.
  • Idi Amin Dada
    edited January 2012
    Options
    no square toed shoes. Your feet aren't square. Your shoes shouldn't be either. And get a shoe shine kit. People look at everything about your dress in business.

I've seen someone interview and then have a receptionist laugh cuz his shoulders weren't cut very well on his suit.

Granted, she's a ? ? (? Rebecca!), but it happens.
  • kingofharts
    kingofharts Members Posts: 406 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I think you can get away with 3 buttons. But once you start getting past 3 buttons and beyond you start to hit that Steve Harvey/Magic Johnson/Southern Baptist preacher type of look. Which can be considered cartoonish in conservative environments.

Also, stay away from the crazy colored suits and make sure it's nicely tailored. If you're just starting to buy, stick to navy, charcoal.
  • IamtheVILLE
    IamtheVILLE Members Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    man idi got some ? . another thang. if you aint got no shoe polish use grease. my pops put me on that and they make your ? shine.