Drake has 3 albums, 1 E.P, some mixtapes and still don't have a classic album or song

Options

Comments

• DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    psychothug wrote: »
    Lmao at Drake having a classic. What a ? joke
    icp has more classics right?...right? nah man lmao ol i stole my mom's makeup ass psychothug
  • Kame
    Kame Members Posts: 24,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    It takes forever to figure out if something is really classic.... should wait another 5-10 years and see if people still bumping his ? before you can say is classic or not classic imo

or if you can see an automatic effect on the game thats substantial, then thats classic too
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    edited January 2012
    Options
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    edited January 2012
    Options
  • Kame
    edited January 2012
    Options
    skooby2315 wrote: »

yeah this ? was dope
    him and 40 carved out that reflective sound for themselves
  • DarthRozay
    edited January 2012
    Options
    as long as ? gets a lot of radio play and is popular, no matter what people will get that nostalgic feel when they hear it 5+ years later.
  • JokerzWyld
    JokerzWyld Members Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    "Fancy" is a classic Drake song, so is "Say What's Real".
  • Kame
    edited January 2012
    Options
    So Far Gone was nominated for Grammies without being an album in stores... impact is there.. mixtape was well received as well
    not going for the classic argument, but just saying it had impact
  • Ibex
    Ibex Members Posts: 7,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Classics
    So Far Gone

Classic Singles
    Best I Ever Had
    Successful
    Uptown
    Forever
    Light Up
    Lord Knows
  • DarthRozay
    edited January 2012
    Options

dont you dare ? head
  • PILL_COSBY
    PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    whats his third album?
    LOL I honestly listened to his album and only kept half the songs and trashed the others. This ? ruined one of the greatest/classic alpha male songs of all time(back that ass up) and turned it into a simp song. I was a little disgusted after that. I was like "no this ? didn't!!!". Why didn't he redo any of wayne's classic tracks instead of juvi? I also can't remember the name of the album for some damn reason too. I usually do that when albums don't really move me.
    Wrong.

Many people inlcuding myself still bump this on the regular and it is still as good as it was when ifirst heard it..All the Drake hate is stupid thats going on today when only 2 years ago everybody in the industry and many Drake haters today were on his nuts and now jealousy of him being bigger than most of the Vets is really hurting them inside so they jus go at him. Yeah sure Drake has Simping songs but theyre way better songs then the wack ? ludacris been droppin and everybody else who dissin him. The reason the IC hate Drake now cuz hes not your little secret nomore, as in hes not the underground cat nobody knows about, now becasue hes bigger than he was and everybody know who he is yall his old fans turn on him, ill understand if he was makin wack music to turn on him but he aint, Take Care was a great album. Take Care was very well composed and but people jus hatin on himcuz hes doing him, he aint pretending to be someone else
    cuzzo, you obviously didn't read what I wrote and just charged in here full of emotions. Read what I wrote and you will see how silly you look.
    Young-Ice wrote: »
    Spaceship isn't a classic. Kanye has way better songs than that.
    Either you trolling or canada wasn't up on kanye when he 1st dropped. Also I said "here's a few examples". besides the track I posted of his classic 1st album I could have easily posted like 5 others (slow jamz, jesus walks, all falls down, get'em high, two word etc etc). I think damn near everybody who 1st listened to kanye album hit that repeat button a lot when they got to space ship. That track hit home with a lot of us who just started working or who's been working. I don't think you was old enough to work when that track came out to feel it all the way lol,
    blackrain wrote: »
    you know how many rappers got more than 3 albums, and don't have a "classic"?
    a lot, and drake's one of them(in my opinion)
    Plap Star wrote: »
    lol @ get low

but no one can think of one classic song by drake

i tried but couldnt come up with one

none of his ? has any replay value
    I agree but not with the bold though. His songs got more replay value than most cats that are out now but it's not a whole lot of replay value. I guess that's what you meant.....? Like dude said earlier they only last like a few months to a year and then burn out. The corrupted radio also plays a big role in keeping his singles afloat for as long as they do. Without that they wouldn't last as long as they do ya feel me. You aint gone see nobody in they house or riding up and down the block banging them tracks after a few months lol. His singles make you turn the station(the few times you do listen to the radio) when they come on after they are burnt out.
    not sayin that drake isnt a mediocre ? (wich he is), but there's rappers thats been in the game forever and aint made a classic album yet.
    lol at kanye, ? got ? saying ? without feeling corny about saying it(are you black?). But anyway, again read what I wrote and you will see that this post was pointless.
    genocide, you know I ? with that rip gut/horror core/acid/wicked rap. SO please could you not derail my excellent thread.
  • Mr. AJ
    Mr. AJ Members Posts: 1,706 ✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options

New Jack City moment.
    Nino Brown: (sticks blade and pins hand of the light skinned mixed ? to the table)
    Nino Brown: "I never liked his pretty ass anyway"
  • PILL_COSBY
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Mr. AJ wrote: »

New Jack City moment.
    Nino Brown: (sticks blade and pins hand of the light skinned mixed ? to the table)
    Nino Brown: "I never liked his pretty ass anyway"

and that ended the light skindeded era lol.
  • thewave19
    thewave19 Members Posts: 1,371 ✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Drake u know u wack when ya ? get hijacked
  • Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    and that ended the light skindeded era lol.

Till Chris Brown, Obama (lol), and simp Drake brought it back. Light skinned ? came back the same time when gangsta rap faded out of the mainstream.
  • PILL_COSBY
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Young-Ice wrote: »
    It's a wack beat there are way hotter joints on that album, like all the ones you mentioned.
    yep you just trolling lol. Hella people wanted him to make a video to space ship or at least release it as a single. That song still to this day just takes you somewhere.
  • PILL_COSBY
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Wild Self wrote: »
    Till Chris Brown, Obama (lol), and simp Drake brought it back. Light skinned ? came back the same time when gangsta rap faded out of the mainstream.
    hilarious coincidence aint it?
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    ? thread. Lol @ y'all having a conversation about Drake ? ass. Y'all ? .
  • idoitforhiphop10
    idoitforhiphop10 Members Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I was listenin to So Far Gone the other day, and it still sounded as fresh as when i first heard it. So would that count as classic?
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    YO whats that song that he did with little brother.Dont you got a man.I swear that song is nice as ? everyone bodied that song.

I think drake can pull another best I ever had if he switched up a little.
  • PILL_COSBY
    edited January 2012
    Options
    YO whats that song that he did with little brother.Dont you got a man.I swear that song is nice as ? everyone bodied that song.

I think drake can pull another best I ever had if he switched up a little.
    lol and this is the main point. I often find myself doing the same when it comes to drake.
  • Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    hilarious coincidence aint it?

I got a feeling that the prototype of the gangsta dark skinned rapper is now a thing of the past. Unless there is another ? epidemic. These mixed race light skinned rappers are by products of interracial breeding of the early 90s.
  • thefabmd2dc
    thefabmd2dc Members Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Albums/mixtape
    Comeback season
    So far gone

Songs
    9AM in Dallas
    Uptown
  • PILL_COSBY
    edited January 2012
    Options
    albums/mixtape
    comeback season
    so far gone

songs
    9am in dallas
    uptown
    i said the masses/damn near everybody agreeing. Not just what you think yourself.
  • PILL_COSBY
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Wild Self wrote: »
    I got a feeling that the prototype of the gangsta dark skinned rapper is now a thing of the past. Unless there is another ? epidemic. These mixed race light skinned rappers are by products of interracial breeding of the early 90s.
    hilarious!!!