When its all said and done Tom Brady will be the greatest QB of all-time..........

Options

Comments

• The Entrepreneur
    The Entrepreneur Members Posts: 689
    Options
    I guess people don't see that Tom Brady hasn't won a bowl since his offense was better than his defense. Every Super Bowl he won his own defense would have dominated his own offense. I guess yall forgot about Willie Mc ( all time sack leader playoff ) Ty Law ( maybe best big game corner ever ) Richard Seymour ( Great Defensive linemen) Mike Vrabel ( great outside linebacker ) Tedy Brusci ( Great Middle ) Vince Wil ( Great Nose ) Rodney Harrison ( Great Saftey ) Asante ( Great Corner ) and Lawyer Milloy, Tedy Washington just to name a few with coach Bill and Romeo on the defense and yall say he had no help LOL Ty, Vince, Seymour, and Rodney all deserve a shot at the hall, and Ty and Rodney should go. I would take that defense that shut down the greatest show on turf over Eli's defense and Ben R's defense when they won. Yall try to discredit those guys rings cause they had D LOL Go ask Terry Bradshaw, Eli Manning, Ben R, Phil Simms, Trent how hard it is to win a super bowl when your defense is better than your offense If Tom is your goat cause of the rings then Eli > Tom no debate

• nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    eli
    nujerz84 wrote:
    Eli>>>>Brady....

eli wont even make canton on first ballot

He will get in over Mcnabb and Mike Vick though...
  • angrymaninc
    angrymaninc Members Posts: 657 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I guess people don't see that Tom Brady hasn't won a bowl since his offense was better than his defense. Every Super Bowl he won his own defense would have dominated his own offense. I guess yall forgot about Willie Mc ( all time sack leader playoff ) Ty Law ( maybe best big game corner ever ) Richard Seymour ( Great Defensive linemen) Mike Vrabel ( great outside linebacker ) Tedy Brusci ( Great Middle ) Vince Wil ( Great Nose ) Rodney Harrison ( Great Saftey ) Asante ( Great Corner ) and Lawyer Milloy, Tedy Washington just to name a few with coach Bill and Romeo on the defense and yall say he had no help LOL Ty, Vince, Seymour, and Rodney all deserve a shot at the hall, and Ty and Rodney should go. I would take that defense that shut down the greatest show on turf over Eli's defense and Ben R's defense when they won. Yall try to discredit those guys rings cause they had D LOL Go ask Terry Bradshaw, Eli Manning, Ben R, Phil Simms, Trent how hard it is to win a super bowl when your defense is better than your offense If Tom is your goat cause of the rings then Eli > Tom no debate

i agree with everything you just said except the bolded but they ain't hearing you...

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Legend in Two Sports Posts: 8,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mumo_X wrote:
    @CJ, get Brady a deep threat WR, and he winnin his 4th superbowl. mind you the pats got 2 first round picks and 2 second round picks

brady had a all world deep threat in 07 that was in his prime ....

• angrymaninc
    Options
    BoYBe$T wrote:
    Mumo_X wrote:
    @CJ, get Brady a deep threat WR, and he winnin his 4th superbowl. mind you the pats got 2 first round picks and 2 second round picks

brady did have an all star deep threat then... but i wouldn't say that was in his prime though moss was a monster in his days with Minnesota
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BoYBe$T wrote:
    Mumo_X wrote:

brady did have an all star deep threat then... but i wouldn't say that was in his prime though moss was a monster in his days with Minnesota

the man had 23 TD catches, it dont get primer than that
  • angrymaninc
    Options
    the man had 23 TD catches, it dont get primer than that[/quote]

i understand what you're saying and i see where you're coming from... BUT let's be honest the team he had with the pats compared to the one he had with Minnesota or Oakland was far superior so stats wise obviously he was to have a better year... but the truth is he was faster in Minnesota and had better ups, his route running might have improved though ion

• ShadyWorldOrder
    ShadyWorldOrder Members Posts: 711 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Had to look 2 the title @ 1st but " when its all said and done" he might be the GOAT right now I still got Montana over him but if he wins another ring its hard to leave him out of the GOAT convo
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Jdilla26 wrote:
    Look Tom Brady still has a few years left has 4 out of 6 SB's Wes Welker was one dropped pass from sealing the game ? happens but that doesnt hurt Brady legacy.
    rofl @ people acting like the game would've been over if he made that catch.
    1)they were up by 5 or 6. That catch would've put them inside the 40 with less than 5 mins left. Barring a TO, NE would've gotten points on the board, making the Gaints have to score a TD with less than 3 minutes left....maybe two.

2) the throw WAS bad, but it also went clean through Welker's hands. All ten fingers and two palms. ? that. 98 times out of 100, he catches that. And Brady/Billicheck were HOT about that. Why else do you think they froze him out in the beginning of this year?
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i'm not going to argue against the thread title. unless i already did argue with it in this thread, i did read many of the posts
  • Jdilla26
    Jdilla26 Members Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wow I forgot all the stupid comments on here. Especially Eli> Brady ? that was stupid and I still stand by what I said another AFC championship game for the Pats with Brady year later
  • fightforolddc
    fightforolddc Members Posts: 981 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How is New England so good? Welker, Hernandez, Gronk, Lloyd ... those ? are ok but i mean they can be replaced. How are these ? winnin year after year after year?
  • ShadyWorldOrder
    ShadyWorldOrder Members Posts: 711 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How is New England so good? Welker, Hernandez, Gronk, Lloyd ... those ? are ok but i mean they can be replaced. How are these ? winnin year after year after year?
    and now this nicca Shane Vereen got 3 TD's

• fightforolddc
    Options
    As a skins fan ya'll don't know how good you have it. We've gotten past the first round like 1 time in 20+ years ... never to the conference championship game in that time. Patriots been there 7 times in 12 years. NFL teams is supposed to have parity it don't make sense.

Boston people are ? too i hate that they get to rep a winner.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    If he gets this one he def top 2.
    if he gets another one he'll be either 1.b or GOAT depending on who u speak to
  • fightforolddc
    Options
    But why is he so good? His arm is average, no mobility, average supporting cast. If you pressure him he will falter. Why is he so dominant?
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Options
    But why is he so good? His arm is average, no mobility, average supporting cast. If you pressure him he will falter. Why is he so dominant?

His arm strength in his prime was beastly...Mauce and him basically played catch on every deep route. But more than anything is his accuracy and decision making ability. While some might point to his completion percentage as avg its the fact that he has one of the lowest Pass/Int ratio's ever (Aaron Rodgers is ahead of him, but he hasnt played nearly as many games yet), that shows his accuracy. Why do you think its such an event whenever he throws an Int...

Oh and the ? prepares like nobody in the league, he has had Darth Sidious as his Master for all these years and yaknow he expects nothing less. Wade Phillips said that the only way to stop Brady is to show him something he's never seen before, because if he knows what he's looking at....? is light work.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hate NE but Brady is a great qb..... He was throwing to Troy Brown and Patton in his early years and was ballin... If he continues with his stats and wins another ring he will have an argument with Montana and Elway..... he needs another ring to erase the spygate stuff
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    Brady wins one more its arguable , if he wins two more imo its undisputed.
  • fightforolddc
    Options
    KingGivBiz wrote: »

How long can he last tho? Some QBs play into their 40s. Just by the odds of probability and the standard the Patriots have he's gotta fall off in the next couple years.
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    KINGOFDAARCADE Members Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Brady will finish his career w/ most the Playoffs WINS of any QB in the history of the NFL
    Peyton will finish w/ most playoff LOSSES of any QB in the history of the NFL

Brady currently has the best Winning Percentage in the post-season
    Peyton currently has a LOSING RECORD in the post-season at 9-11

Is there still any argument as to who the best QB of their generation is?

• KINGOFDAARCADE
    KINGOFDAARCADE Members Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Brady will finish with the most conference championship appearances
    Peyton will finish with the most One-and-Done's
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    The conversation shoulda ended in 04 or 07 the latest.
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    KingGivBiz wrote: »

How long can he last tho? Some QBs play into their 40s. Just by the odds of probability and the standard the Patriots have he's gotta fall off in the next couple years.

Imo next year is his last good year b4 he starts completely falling off so he gotta win NOW but i doubt it. The ravens looked destined.
  • Ibex
    Ibex Members Posts: 7,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The GOAT will be Griffin the Third...obviously