I got food stamps again!

Options
BP OIL SPILL FACE
BP OIL SPILL FACE Members Posts: 2,526 ✭✭
edited January 2012 in For The Grown & Sexy
Been laid off from my job since November 3(mass-layoff by MetroHealth) and have been trying to get back on food stamps since last month on the 1st, but my caseworker wasn't returning my calls(probably has millions of people to attend to). Today after filling out an application at a nursing home, I caught the bus to the welfare place, so I could talk to my caseworker about what's been happening. She gave me $600 in stamps($200 for November, $200 for December, $200 for this month) and the money went on the EBT Card today at 4:30pm! She also said that after this month, I will be getting $200 of stamps every 8th of the month!

TONY MONTANA! TONY MONTANA! TONY MONTANA!

Comments

• Truerap
    Truerap Members Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    You wining..........
  • dreadlock rasta
    dreadlock rasta Members Posts: 1,322 ✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Thats what it is, use/sell wisely
  • BP OIL SPILL FACE
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Wait 'til I go to me and my parents' house next week; we going shopping, ? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All groceries on me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    edited January 2012
    Options
  • Silverfoxxx
    Silverfoxxx Members Posts: 1,066
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Congrats on the COME UP BRO!!!!!!!!!
  • Miles HIGH
    Miles HIGH Members Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Wait 'til I go to me and my parents' house next week; we going shopping, ? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All groceries on me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate to be that guy, but...You know how quick y'all ? can eat up 200 dollars?...
  • BP OIL SPILL FACE
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Miles HIGH wrote: »
    I hate to be that guy, but...You know how quick y'all ? can eat up 200 dollars?...

My parents do the majority of the shopping, but I always help out. Usually, I buy bags of sugar, cream, coffee, vegetables, and a couple dinner meats.
  • BP OIL SPILL FACE
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I also help my lady with shopping, but she bought groceries a few days ago and there's no more room. lol
  • 2nd chances
    2nd chances Members Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    my pride would never let me stand in a grocery line paying for it with food stamps..ugh..like literally i wouldnt.

and they always make it so obvious that you're using food stamps..the cards are brightly colored and distinct and then they normally need to have a manager approve that ? wit htheir key..everyone in the line looking at u in disgust..nuh ? ..i cant do it.
  • BP OIL SPILL FACE
    edited January 2012
    Options
    my pride would never let me stand in a grocery line paying for it with food stamps..ugh..like literally i wouldnt.

and they always make it so obvious that you're using food stamps..the cards are brightly colored and distinct and then they normally need to have a manager approve that ? wit htheir key..everyone in the line looking at u in disgust..nuh ? ..i cant do it.

If I'm in line using my card and other people are looking at me in disgust, it's because them ? have to use cash, while I get to use a card and save cash. You don't know what you're missing, fam.

*does the dougie*
  • eternalmoney
    eternalmoney Members Posts: 710 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options

Man my pride won't allow me to go even sign up but I will buy them from someone

and use it. $.50 cent on the dollar. I'll take that all day.

Thats a good hustle but going to sign up for them is not happening.

I got too much hustle in me to see that happening.
  • BP OIL SPILL FACE
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Man my pride won't allow me to go even sign up but I will buy them from someone

and use it. $.50 cent on the dollar. I'll take that all day.

Thats a good hustle but going to sign up for them is not happening.

I got too much hustle in me to see that happening.

Keep in mind: stamps are only for the ones that's unemployed. Let's say one day you lose your job(? forbid) and you already have bills to pay, them stamps will come in handy. You can still use your money for bills, and at the same time use the EBT Card for food.
  • eternalmoney
    eternalmoney Members Posts: 710 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Keep in mind: stamps are only for the ones that's unemployed. Let's say one day you lose your job(? forbid) and you already have bills to pay, them stamps will come in handy. You can still use your money for bills, and at the same time use the EBT Card for food.

Listen dude I hear what you saying and all that but growing up as a man

Food stamps was a woman thing to me. Men I looked up to went out and found

a way to make ends meet and that didn't include standing in no welfare office asking for an

handout. You can go out and hustle to get back on your feet and when I say hustle I

don't mean selling drugs, I mean finding a way to provide for yourself. Recession been around since

the beginning of the 20th century, this ain't new.
  • BP OIL SPILL FACE
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Listen dude I hear what you saying and all that but growing up as a man

Food stamps was a woman thing to me. Men I looked up to went out and found

a way to make ends meet and that didn't include standing in no welfare office asking for an

handout. You can go out and hustle to get back on your feet and when I say hustle I

don't mean selling drugs, I mean finding a way to provide for yourself. Recession been around since

the beginning of the 20th century, this ain't new.

I feel you on that. This is only momentarily for me; I'm a Certified Nursing Assistant, so I'm sure something will come for me soon. Other than filling out an application today, I may fill out a couple next week. Trust me, I HATE being unemployed.
  • BP OIL SPILL FACE
    edited January 2012
    Options
    nfwboy wrote: »
    lol at being a male nurse

you deserved to be fired

And what job do you do? In the health field, you can only go up. This is just a foot-in-the-door for me.
  • BP OIL SPILL FACE
    edited January 2012
    Options
    thats like saying you started as a male stripper cause you wanted to own a strip club

you ? ?

Were you abused as a child? Scared to smile? They called you ugly?
  • BP OIL SPILL FACE
    edited January 2012
    Options
    when you played house as a kid were you the wife?

thats the only explanation i can come up with a man havin ambitions to be a nurse

were you a secretary too b

I see you're from Florida; I guess the job you do is "lose".
  • Idi Amin Dada
    Idi Amin Dada Members Posts: 3,192 ✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Food stamps the GOAT. Can't wait to go back to law school, a ? finna FEAST!

When I was on food stamps in college I had all the top notch food, b. ? was eatin' GOOD!
  • BP OIL SPILL FACE
    edited January 2012
    Options
    lol at cleveland being known for ray cash

lol

theres no W's in cleveland

you still mad lebron brought his talents to south beach

get over it b

How you gonna forget about Bone Thugs? Oh, and I was one of the few that wasn't mad nor surprised about LeBron leaving Cleveland; just didn't like "The Decision". LOL
  • BP OIL SPILL FACE
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Food stamps the GOAT. Can't wait to go back to law school, a ? finna FEAST!

When I was on food stamps in college I had all the top notch food, b. ? was eatin' GOOD!

This ? knows the truth! *daps*
  • bostongreens
    bostongreens Members Posts: 22
    edited January 2012
    Options
    this homie right here a certified hater. aint nothing like a homie hatin
  • 2nd chances
    2nd chances Members Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    nfwboy is a fkking idiot..

im not a nurse but even i know nurses especially male nurses make bank..

and if you go for bsn and higher the wages are ridiculous..

keep saying and joking about "ooh he's a male nurse" and watch as they peel out in their dope ass ride..while you're working your dead end job at best buy because its what man does..

in america now anything you can do to make a paycheck less getting sexed in the butt its good game..
  • BP OIL SPILL FACE
    edited January 2012
    Options
    bone thugs aint came out with anthing listenable in years

I know. Once Bizzy Bone left, that was it. But, Ray Cash's first CD was damn-near classic!
  • BP OIL SPILL FACE
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Hell, I wish I was a Registered Nurse, making all that money. LOL I'm just a Nurse Aide(big difference), but when I was working for Metro, my pay wasn't too bad for a Nurse Aide.
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options