What will it take for black people to become Republicans in greater numbers

2»

Comments

• The Prime Minister
    The Prime Minister Members Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Bush was warned about impending attacks, and did nothing. Deregulating the mortgage industry, as well as the repeal of the Glass-Steagl Act (though under Clinton), were both spear headed by a republican congress.

The Patriot Act, also spear headed by a republican congress.

Most of the ? up ? that has happen since the war in Korea has been spear headed by a Republican congress.

And that whole Iran-Contra scandal that gave us Reagan and ? is pretty well documented.
  • The Prime Minister
    The Prime Minister Members Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Might wanna get that right
    She is a Republican

There's supposed to be an unauthorized documentary about her life that she's not too happy about. Basically, she was power greedy and ended up republican because that's who was in power.

But I doubt that she's loyal to any one party over the other, being pro-choice and all.
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Systematically, im not very sure what it would take, but one thing is for certain. as a black man myeslf, dont attempt to even ask me the same question because youll be fighting a lost cause. and that goes for both parties
  • DarcSkies777
    DarcSkies777 Members Posts: 5,600 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    The only reason blacks arent republicans id the 1960s, the South and the lack of equality.

All things being equal (and they arent) blacks are already social conservatives (to a fault). THe only thing stopping it is every time blacks try to make progress there is a Republican standing dead center in the way of it. Problem is democrats arent exactly pushing for it anymore.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited June 2010
    Atleast the Democrats care enough about our vote to pretend to be concerned.
    mostly they just presume they're getting the votes. this leads to minimal caring
    Yeah, I'm going to join the party who voted against the Civil Rights Act-]
    the Democrats? Republicans were something like 20% more likely to vote in favor of it