do you think common and the root are ? that their album have low sales?

Options
r.prince18
r.prince18 Members Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2012 in The Reason
FRom what i understand is the root and Common both had classic album out last year but they had low sales.do you think their upset about that or do you think that they don't care because common made 10 million dollars last years and the roots are eating good off the jimmy fallon show and their just putting out the type of music they want right now.

Comments

• Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I can listen to the believer from the begging to the end. It's been a long time since i've been able to do that.
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    they make dope music for the love of the art...not just a quick payday

Comm and The Roots have other ways far more profitable of paying the bills these days

plus they both have a strong loyal following that's been down for years oppose to the fickle happy meal radio sucking crowd tday
  • SuperGucciRap
    SuperGucciRap Members Posts: 21
    edited January 2012
    Options
    They are garbage rappers. The Roots only are relevant because of Jimmy Fallon and even worse, their music promotes 5% philosophy. Lame! Also Common has pyramids in his art work and made a staged beef with Drake to show who's softer. After all, this guy made movies with Queen Latifah and Penguin Cartoons. If any music is worth it, listen to Hopsin. I think he has the best skills to overcome Gucci Mane for Best Rapper Of All-Time. No joke.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    They are garbage rappers. The Roots only are relevant because of Jimmy Fallon and even worse, their music promotes 5% philosophy. Lame! Also Common has pyramids in his art work and made a staged beef with Drake to show who's softer. After all, this guy made movies with Queen Latifah and Penguin Cartoons. If any music is worth it, listen to Hopsin. I think he has the best skills to overcome Gucci Mane for Best Rapper Of All-Time. No joke.
    ^
    troll from various hiphop blogs and sites, approach with caution
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    They're paid and they can make whatever music they want, why would they be mad?
  • G Mack
    G Mack Members Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    roots make 8 figures off touring alone, them ? paid why would they be mad?
  • *~queenbee~*
    *~queenbee~* Members Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I honestly think Com and Roots can care less about record sales. I think they take their craft seriously unlike other artists in today's hip hop world.
  • KingJamal
    KingJamal Members Posts: 20,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options

LOL @ the sig
  • birdcallaveli
    birdcallaveli Members Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
  • Kame
    Kame Members Posts: 24,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    they probably used to it... but for sure they'd like to see their albums appreciated by a lot of people, and selling a lot does that for you
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Maybe and maybe not. They both gettin doe. But sum artists do take sales seriously so maybe they are upset with their labels for not enough push. I barely seen any of their work on tv or on the radio