Got my first comic books playas!

Options
Lou Cypher
Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2012 in Quite Comical
Got a bunch from the new 52 because i want to start at the beginning haha. Dark knight 1,4,5, Deathstroke 1, Green Lantern 1,2 Red Lantern 1,2 and Hulk 2,3,5. i didnt want to jump into the middle of a series without knowing what happened before it, or do they not bring up a lot of past stuff in comics? would it be safe to pick up issue 200 something and continue from there? also if peeps could put me on to some characters thatd be dope. I wanna check out that Blue Beetle, Black Panther, Flash, Deadpool, and Jonah Hex. please drop some knowlege.

oh and i think aquaman is the gayest of all characters but the reboot has some dope ass drawings. didnt read it tho.

Comments

• Lou Cypher
    Options
    ? you non supportive ? !
  • MorganFreemanKing
    MorganFreemanKing Members Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i normally don't mess with dc like that but i've been peeping this Red Hood and the Outlaws book. It's actually dope it's gotten some criticism from fans because of something they did with starfire but none of that ? matters to me. And apparently Carnage is back in Marvel. there's a Carnage Usa miniseries that's 3 issues in but i can't find #2.
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Yeah, i saw that carnage one at the store here. had him in a business suit and ? (not sure if thats part of the same series you speak of) but i was never a huge fan of DC either, thought marvel or image had way better heroes but they were the only ones with reboots. all marvel was on ? issue 200 something, checked for black panther and he was on 535, so i dont wanna just jump in the story without knowing wtf hes doing.

Been getting the New hulk tho. ? dope. My fave from the new DC is the Red Lantern and Green Lantern. Red lantern is ? so dope. Batman Dark Knight is pretty ill as well.

Wasnt a huge fan of blue beetle. too much spanish in it for me, and i read it with a stereotypical mexican accent.

Flash and Deathstroke was good tho, probably gonna pick up that suicide squad this weekend and see if anything new has dropped.
  • MorganFreemanKing
    MorganFreemanKing Members Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah that new hulk is dope as ? . you peep that Wolverine and the X-Men? may be the best from marvel at the moment. that Avenging Spider Man is dope too. it's basically Marvel team-up for 2012 but it's ill so far. i hate that they switch the art up 4 issues in but whatever to that. And Kaine from the Spider man clone saga is now the new scarlet spider with his own series.

2157071-s1_super.jpeg
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Yeah i dont know enough of the back story for peeps like scarlet spider, i see they made thunderbolt ross a red hulk now too. wanted to peep that but it was pretty deep in the story so far. i pray Marvel does like DC and reboot all their people. that would be a dream come true. I got issue 4 of Dead Pool MaXX, pretty funny stuff, Deadpools always been one of my fave Marvel heroes.
  • Amotekun
    Amotekun Members Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lou Cypher wrote: »
    Yeah i dont know enough of the back story for peeps like scarlet spider, i see they made thunderbolt ross a red hulk now too. wanted to peep that but it was pretty deep in the story so far. i pray Marvel does like DC and reboot all their people. that would be a dream come true. I got issue 4 of Dead Pool MaXX, pretty funny stuff, Deadpools always been one of my fave Marvel heroes.

The Spiderman Clone Saga was a bunch of 90s fuckery that's all you need to know.

You gotta get all the old Deadpool, dude was the truth in the 90s. They kinda mkae him more clown now, but he was at his best during the Cable/Deadpool series

deadpool15.jpg
  • greatgodman
    greatgodman Members Posts: 155 ✭✭
    Options
    i been reading the new ulimate spider man, that ? is dope. i also have reading the walking dead and the y: the last man. they are really good comic book reads.