Comments

• themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'll cop when the price drops.....
  • funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Can I skip ME1 and go str8 to ME2 or do you need to play every one? I heard ME1 was weak AF and the controls differ from ME2 & ME3.
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wanna get this but I havent't played the first two. Should I still get it?

This^^.......should I go back or what?

• focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I think you can get away with not playing ME one, but you need to watch a recap, or the read the wiki or something. The story is still great in 1, but the game feels archaic at this point.

But yea, playing 2 before 3 is a must IMO.
  • inthacut
    inthacut Members Posts: 955 ✭✭✭
    Options
    focus wrote:
    I think you can get away with not playing ME one, but you need to watch a recap, or the read the wiki or something. The story is still great in 1, but the game feels archaic at this point.

But yea, playing 2 before 3 is a must IMO.

this..its a trilogy, to get some kinda backstory ya'll ? is gonna have to go back. if you cant play both, just play ME2

• smittysmith
    smittysmith Members Posts: 8,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gonna cop from Best Buy Tommorow! Haven't picked up the sticks for months, this the only game this year I've really anticipated.
  • smittysmith
    smittysmith Members Posts: 8,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    One thing I enjoy about this series is the playtime. You get at least 30 hours of play which is great compared to other shooters that you finish relatively quick.
  • Valkyria
    Valkyria Members Posts: 120
    Options
    1 was boring. I skipped it. I started with on the PS3. They gave me the run down. You'll want every decision you made to carry over from pt 2 to make the story stronger.

Thane's saga was great. I can't imagine that some people may not actually see it because of how they play. I got about 11 hours logged in now. I can't wait to leave the plantation to get back home.

P.S. Death to Krogans. I always hated visiting Tuchanka.
  • shieky
    shieky Members Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn....

I wasn't expecting this. Because I really was disappointed with the change from ME1 to ME2. I really liked what was going on with the original.. maybe because it was my first time playing a game in that genre. Anyway, I am only a few hours in (up to the point with Wrex and Mordin) and I LOVE this hoe. I would highlight what stands out, but honestly.. everything appears better to me. There is not one single thing from either ME1 or ME2 that I would place on this game.

And is it just me..... or did they give a full cup size or two upgrade to all the females? BioWare devs are some ? lol.
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Okay, I'm on the hunt for ME2 right now. I've heard nothing but good reviews on ME3 and want to get it, but need to go thru 2 first.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ME2 was dope. I got this tuesday, only thing ive been playing, i only got 6 hours in it tho, ? me off becasuse i change the missions im doing and it seems like i go to change the disc everytime i change the mission, so far great story. i used my ME2 character so i started out at level 31 which was dope. Wish it would give me all my squad from ME2. im still early in the game but i got Garrus back, EDI is dope in that suit. And i got that hoe that looks like miranda and that steroid junkie guy.

I like how you dont have to go to every planet to harvest minerals tho, i spent HOURS getting minerals on ME2 lol. havent played online yet. whats that like? they got deathmatch? or is it all co op stuff?
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lou Cypher wrote: »
    ME2 was dope. I got this tuesday, only thing ive been playing, i only got 6 hours in it tho, ? me off becasuse i change the missions im doing and it seems like i go to change the disc everytime i change the mission, so far great story. i used my ME2 character so i started out at level 31 which was dope. Wish it would give me all my squad from ME2. im still early in the game but i got Garrus back, EDI is dope in that suit. And i got that hoe that looks like miranda and that steroid junkie guy.

I like how you dont have to go to every planet to harvest minerals tho, i spent HOURS getting minerals on ME2 lol. havent played online yet. whats that like? they got deathmatch? or is it all co op stuff?

lol the disc swapping happens a lot early, but once you get about 12 hours in it doesnt happen much at all.

• peagle05
    Options
    i ? with the game but i was disappointed as ? in the way ? ended...made no sense
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ashley(ME3),Miranda, and Tali(unmasked) would all get the ? . ? what y'all talkin about.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • themadlionsfan
    Options
    I just finished Mass Effect 2......Jack and Zaeed didnt make it....I'm gonna play through it again....
  • Valkyria
    Options
    peagle05 wrote:
    i ? with the game but i was disappointed as ? in the way ? ended...made no sense

What ending did you get because mine made perfect sense. The ending was awesome to me
  • peagle05
    Options
    Valkyria wrote: »
    peagle05 wrote:

What ending did you get because mine made perfect sense. The ending was awesome to me
    on my first playthrough i destroyed the reapers, i dont have a problem with how shepard went out, but my issue is more with the whole crash landing on some random planet, not to mention on the run towards the conduit, how the hell did my squadmates get out and end up on the normandy? now theyre randomly walking out with joker after shepard and everyone else got blown pretty much to hell by that reaper? it just felt like they were so worried about that initial leak that they changed the ending for the sake of changing it
  • themadlionsfan
    Options
    for the people that beat Mass Effect 3....is online play required or plays any type of role in the completion of the single player
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options
    for the people that beat Mass Effect 3....is online play required or plays any type of role in the completion of the single player

The online play is the multiplier for you Total Military Strength. That percentage you see at the bottom of the screen while looking at your console in the war room (where the holograph of the crucible is). That percentage is used to multiply your Effective Military Strength, which could be anywhere between 800 to 5000.

In order to get the "best ending" of the game your TMS must be at 100% and your EMS must be at a minimum of 5000. Multiplayer is the only way to increase TMS, so you'll have to play online to increase it. You should reach it once you level up to level 19 or so. Your EMS is increased by doing side missions.

You can beat the game without playing multiplayer. You can beat the game without side missions as well. BUT you won't get the "Best ending" of the game.

IMO, if you're not already a fan of the multiplayer don't bother. Very little difference in the other endings and they half assed the end story, unfortunately. Bioware dropped the ball with this, as they did with Dragon Age 2. Just view the other endings online. Don't grind a weekend away like I did.
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    peagle05 wrote:

I wouldn't call it awesome. Something as epic as ME should've at least had an epilogue. Too much time and effort invested into the story. Into the characters. Spanning three games and 6 years. And you Just end it with what.... 3 scenes in one minute. Nah, they dropped the ball. Just like in Dragon Age 2.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://igogaming.net/2012/03/19/fans-who-purchased-mass-effect-3-via-amazon-are-getting-full-refunds/

rofl so if you bought ME3 from amazon and you get the 'focus' ending that probably involves being ? and catching space aids, you have the right to return it.
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm so upset right now....
    I can't believe they killed my baby Miranda like that WHAT THE ? ?!?!?! Me and my homeboy was just on Xbox live talkin about how we wanted to smash her ass.
  • Valkyria
    Options
    kzzl wrote:
    peagle05 wrote:

I wouldn't call it awesome. Something as epic as ME should've at least had an epilogue. Too much time and effort invested into the story. Into the characters. Spanning three games and 6 years. And you Just end it with what.... 3 scenes in one minute. Nah, they dropped the ball. Just like in Dragon Age 2.

The events leading up to it, the whole last fight, I had fun. I didn't think about it at the time but those crew members who I took with me on the last mission shouldn't have been on that ship with Joker just like one other poster said.

I'm not ? at it though.