Mass Effect 3 Thread

Options
13»

Comments

• themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Mass Effect 3 Fans Will Get Their New Ending

BioWare will create additional content to flesh out the ending of Mass Effect 3.

By Erik Norris

March 21, 2012

Share this story

The internet has won. In an open letter to all Mass Effect fans, BioWare co-founder Dr. Ray Muzyka has announced that additional content is on the way for Mass Effect 3 to flesh out the game's controversial ending(s).

"Building on their research, Exec Producer Casey Hudson and the team are hard at work on a number of game content initiatives that will help answer the questions, providing more clarity for those seeking further closure to their journey," explained Muzyka. "You’ll hear more on this in April. We’re working hard to maintain the right balance between the artistic integrity of the original story while addressing the fan feedback we’ve received. This is in addition to our existing plan to continue providing new Mass Effect content and new full games, so rest assured that your journey in the Mass Effect universe can, and will, continue."

As Muzyka states, this new content, be it additional DLC or just a new downloadable ending, will be discussed in further detail next month. BioWare makes it clear that they strongly value the voice of their audience. However, they filter out the "destructive criticisms."

"Some of the criticism that has been delivered in the heat of passion by our most ardent fans, even if founded on valid principles, such as seeking more clarity to questions or looking for more closure, for example – has unfortunately become destructive rather than constructive," said Muzyka. "We listen and will respond to constructive criticism, but much as we will not tolerate individual attacks on our team members, we will not support or respond to destructive commentary."

So, readers, what do you make of this? Is this what you want from the team at BioWare, or would you rather they just move on and let the original ending to Mass Effect 3 speak for itself, be it good or bad? Personally, I'm not touching this one with a ten foot pole anymore.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just beat it yesterday, i jumped in the middle beam, got rid of reapers and technology. was pretty disappointed in the ending. also i did EVERY quest i could find. went to citadel multiple times. talked to everyone and got all these assets. Well when i went into the fight i had all my quests complete, found 100% resources on all planets and i only had 51% galactic readiness. was i supposed to have it at 100?
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Lou Cypher wrote: »
    Just beat it yesterday, i jumped in the middle beam, got rid of reapers and technology. was pretty disappointed in the ending. also i did EVERY quest i could find. went to citadel multiple times. talked to everyone and got all these assets. Well when i went into the fight i had all my quests complete, found 100% resources on all planets and i only had 51% galactic readiness. was i supposed to have it at 100?

My post above explained the percentages. You only get 100% from playing through the multiplayer. I reached it by level 19. For those that are playing the multiplayer, for some reason your galactic readiness decreases while you're offline. Why I don't know. So if you reach 100%, your best bet is to the beat game before you turn it off again. That's some ? ain't it?

So, readers, what do you make of this? Is this what you want from the team at BioWare, or would you rather they just move on and let the original ending to Mass Effect 3 speak for itself, be it good or bad? Personally, I'm not touching this one with a ten foot pole anymore.

Dude, you know they're going to charge us for it right? Or at least, I wouldn't be surprised if they did. The thing about the new ending, last I read the writer of ME jumped ship. That's like taking "The Shining" and getting someone other than stephen king to add more content to it. Maybe it's just me, but the ? won't feel authentic.

Eh, I'll just watch it on the internet.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Haha ? a sorry man didnt read thru before i posted. Thats dumb to have the online play go with the regular play. I was expecting online to be vs mode too. like one geth/cerberus/reaper team vs the normandy and you could do deathmatch or something.
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    man... what the ? kinda ending was that ? ?!
  • Inglewood_B
    Options
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't know if this got posted yet but it's a video explaining how the ending of mass effect was actually more awesome than you might have thought. I just finished it today and i wasn't ? but felt kinda let down until i watched this ? and realized it was a little deeper than i thought.

It kinda makes me wish i had the free time to replay all 3 back to back since a lot of it is based on ? i forgot about in-between games

• Inglewood_B
    Options
    I don't know if this got posted yet but it's a video explaining how the ending of mass effect was actually more awesome than you might have thought. I just finished it today and i wasn't ? but felt kinda let down until i watched this ? and realized it was a little deeper than i thought.

It kinda makes me wish i had the free time to replay all 3 back to back since a lot of it is based on ? i forgot about in-between games

man... that was deep. lol. thats the ending i chose too. i still dont like how they didnt explain some things, but that does redeem it if its true

• peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Options

well damn...good drop. that made the entire ending make sense. i dont have any beef with that ? now
  • greatgodman
    greatgodman Members Posts: 155 ✭✭
    Options
    if you didn't get the ending you need to watch this video.
    youtu.be/ythY_GkEBck
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Damn, that ? was deep. Too damn deep. I know I ain't the sharpest tool in the shed at all, but c'mon. This that Matrix ? .

LOL, i was wondering why I died when I picked synthesis. Which I picked cause the damn kid said that destroying the reapers means destroying all synthetic life. Then the ? mentioned that I am part synthetic too. So I was like yo, I don't wanna die with these fools. I picked synthesis thinking we'd all live happily ever after and I end up getting fried green. SMH.
  • smittysmith
    smittysmith Members Posts: 8,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Been ignoring the game for a minute, finally finished up on Tuchanga now I'm back on the Citadel....Salarian got clapped smh