The Illuminati Phase

Options
alissowack
alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
edited February 2012 in R & R (Religion and Race)
Let me start off by saying that I am an enthusiast when it comes to conspiracy theories. I don't pay as much attention to them but when I do, I am amazed at how real world events correspond to an idea that something is being covered up; that the causes for something happening has nothing to do with the real cause or the real reason. This Illuminati thing is interesting and it does make me ponder on the notion of there being secret societies and the influence they may have on the world. But, I just can't bring myself to think that the Illuminati is something that requires our attention. I believe the issue of power and influence is much bigger than that.

I believe that when we strip away the "power" associated with them you have people like you and me who are just trying to figure life out. They have had to make decisions that were greatly influenced by what they feel was right and they just happen to come across wealth and prosperity along the way. The problem is...people are prone to making "bad" choices anyway and what makes them pardonable is that the reward tends to outweigh the consequence.

There is no such thing as some squeaky clean person (though there is a mystique surrounding the person of Jesus) coming into the world with a heart that wants what's best for others and his or her words and actions guarantee a morally positive result. So far, in our attempts to present ourselves as "good" or worthy of one another's trust, we find ourselves "falling short" somewhere. We've failed in life's journey to be that "divine" being and yet...it seems to do more good than harm. We strangely find that wrongdoing can be an "act of righteousness" if somehow a good result comes from it. We begin to think that it is alright to lie, cheat, steal, and ? if we don't feel as if there is nothing to govern the consequences of that choice. I would also think that as wealth and success comes, it becomes even easier to be convinced that this way is the only way. We wonder who can really stop us especially if there is a sense that we can "influence" how others perceive us...thus we have people who have these "powers" that control what they perceive as right.

If there is any "truth" to the illuminati, it is not as powerful as we make it out the be. The flip side to this is there is also this sense that there is even a "power" associated with exposing the illuminati. There is this sense that we are made "better" by acquiring this knowledge; that the rest of the world is "blind"...yet, even though we don't do our ? deeds for all to see, we are just as guilty when we do them in the comforts of our own home in our daily lives. We criticize the famous while turning a blind eye to our own problems. If anything, we are probably encourage by the notion that...we are bad, but not that bad; that we know our limits. Or, we may think that we will never partake in the Illuninati; that we will burn at the stake or go roque before we submit...yet, their actions are no different than what we may do.

Again, there could be truth to this whole Illuminati deal. My hope is that maybe as we are pointing to the stars and their so called "demonic" practices that we may consider that maybe, as mankind, we need to be pointing at ourselves. Maybe we need to see our own faults for if we are not careful, we will fall victim to the Illuminati phase whether we are on one side or the other.