at what point did liam neeson...

Options
Inglewood_B
Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2012 in Lights, Camera, Action!
become one of the baddest muthafuckas on the planet?

he went from darkman and schindler's list to--- qui gon jinn in phantom menace, godfrey in kingdom of heaven, ra's al ghul in batman begins to movies like taken, the a-team, the unknown, the grey and im pretty sure he gon wreck some ? in battleship. ? was so subtle i didnt notice it until i started thinking of some of my favorite action movies of the past 10 years

was it taken?

You knew you had to go see it from the trailer. Not only did it show Liam Neeson smacking people in the face, but delivering a line that would be oft repeated: "I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you. I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will ? you."

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    edited February 2012
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheJamel wrote:
    his voice.
    white people need their Morgan Freeman...

there you go.

that might be one of the funniest AVIs ive seen on here in a while
  • stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I thought it started with Darkman.
  • inthacut
    inthacut Members Posts: 955 ✭✭✭
    Options
    stoneface wrote:

nah, darkman didnt give off that same vibe it was more comedic imo. he disappeared for a while did star wars, dipped again, then came back in taken breaking m'fuckas necks.
  • stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    inthacut wrote:
    stoneface wrote:

nah, darkman didnt give off that same vibe it was more comedic imo. he disappeared for a while did star wars, dipped again, then came back in taken breaking m'fuckas necks.

Darkman was one of his most murk-happy roles, dude...

• inthacut
    inthacut Members Posts: 955 ✭✭✭
    Options
    yea i know but i found some of it humorous....
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Grey dope as ? , just saw it yesterday

Taken might be one of the last man movie classics
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Inglewood_B
    Options
    TheJamel wrote:
    Darkman has a huge ? following, MASSIVE ? FANBASE....

this... i remember my pops rentin them movies on vhs at blockbuster all the time when i was little. i dont quite remember what it was about anymore but i remember likin it. ? had like 4 sequels

• Inglewood_B
    Options
    TheJamel wrote:
    his voice.
    white people need their Morgan Freeman...

yeah its pretty distinctive i guess...

but i mean more to the fact that you can throw him in an action flick and it dont seem ludicrous or out of place in contrast to how he looks (like a tall lanky college professor)

• imm0rt4l
    imm0rt4l Members Posts: 683 ✭✭✭
    Options
    was it taken?

Bingo.
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Those are the kinda roles he's been picking latley, so it was bound to wear off on people.

His old Irish ass got the streets shook.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Grey was pretty good IMO
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hell mother nature fears Neesom. Lol! Still haven't seen "The Grey" tho
  • bootsy_jenkins
    bootsy_jenkins Members Posts: 502 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    After his old lady died he started doing the kick ass action flicks.
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I liked the Grey as a movie.....but those were just plain old wolves. How ? hard is it for a grown ass man to handle an 80lbs dog??
  • Inglewood_B
    Options
    rage wrote: »
    I liked the Grey as a movie.....but those were just plain old wolves. How ? hard is it for a grown ass man to handle an 80lbs dog??

so... you killin packs of wolves out chea?

next time you take on a 80lbs timberwolf/rottweiler/pitbull, get that ? on tape. lol

• HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Never seen any of dudes movies. Guess I'm ? up.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Grey's ending was stupid as ? , what a let down.
  • Inglewood_B
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Never seen any of dudes movies. Guess I'm ? up.

nah not really.. that ? sneak up on you tho. i dont check for liam neeson in movies. it just so happen that i noticed he was in a lot of movies i liked

• rage
    Options

next time you take on a 80lbs timberwolf/rottweiler/pitbull, get that ? on tape. lol

Your telling me you couldnt take out an 80lbs dog? Cuz thats what a timberwolf is...a Rottweiler or Pitbull would be more of a challenge. These weren't children either, they were grown ass men with about a 100lbs on the wolves.
  • Inglewood_B
    edited March 2012
    Options

Your telling me you couldnt take out an 80lbs dog? Cuz thats what a timberwolf is...a Rottweiler or Pitbull would be more of a challenge. These weren't children either, they were grown ass men with about a 100lbs on the wolves.

a wild/angry 80 lbs dog or wolf will ? yo ? up. i know you sittin here thinkin you just gon kick him or time your punch real smooth and knock it out, or catch 2 of them and knock they heads together like arnold did on true lies...

but in reality, the dog/wolf is faster than you with quicker reflexes and once he sink them teeth into you all that ? you think you gon do go out the window and unless you got a weapon, you comin out worse than the dog is.

• rage
    Options

a wild/angry 80 lbs dog or wolf will ? yo ? up. i know you sittin here thinkin you just gon kick him or time your punch real smooth and knock it out, or catch 2 of them and knock they heads together like arnold did on true lies...

but in reality, the dog/wolf is faster than you with quicker reflexes and once he sink them teeth into you all that ? you think you gon do go out the window and unless you got a weapon, you comin out worse than the dog is.

Nah, I'm not talking about knocking it out or injuring it. I am talking about killing it, if you attack it with the same intent it attacks you...then a human male can ? a wolf. As a human male you are FAR more powerful than the wolf...the only thing that separates the two in a fight is intent. The wolf is always looking to ? , its not looking to tap you out, if you approach the confrontation with the same mentality you can over power them.
  • Amotekun
    Amotekun Members Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It started here in Rob Roy back in the mid 90s dueling a faggy ass Tim roth charater

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27M5KWI_q50