Comments

• Angeles1son85
    Angeles1son85 Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rock said this time he here to stay aint goin no where
  • IamNumberOne
    IamNumberOne Members Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    what does turning heel mean? and last time I checked everyone loved Cena.... why did everone turn on him?
  • nawledge_god
    nawledge_god Members Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    what does turning heel mean? and last time I checked everyone loved Cena.... why did everone turn on him?

When The "Good Guys" Go "Bad" For Storyline Purposes

• IamNumberOne
    IamNumberOne Members Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    oh ok... last time i checked everyone was a fan of Cena why does everyone hate him now.. I always thought he was cheesy once 50 came around then he came out with the raps and spinning belt
  • TdotGoHARD87
    TdotGoHARD87 Members Posts: 782 ✭✭
    Options
    rock said this time he here to stay aint goin no where

lol he got a couple movie roles poppin for 2012 so idk how he gon be stayin. fact of the matter is, the rock has outgrown us. if his return can serve a greater purpose than hell ya put cena over. i jus dont want the same cena we been gettin. he bores me beyond belief.
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    Options
    Cena beating The Rock would be BAD FOR BUSINESS.
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Of course he will, remember what happened 10 years ago

the-rock-vs-hulk-hogan1.jpg

this is this generation Hogan/Rock, and Rock will put cena over like hogan did him.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    damn hogan made rock look small

and ? the rock looked puny compared to now days
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If they are trying to walk the line w Cena being hated, Cena is gong over Rock at WM.
  • TdotGoHARD87
    Options
    they can always have a rematch. but again, rock going over does nothing for forward progress. they need cena to go over cause he is their "guy". rock is there to bring in extra buyrates, n get a nice likkle cheque. im a rock fan, but thats just the facts
  • louis rich
    louis rich Members Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    cena gonna turn heel, if he loses.........
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They gonna let Cena win. Its ? but thats whats gonna happen
  • Dexter Morgan
    Dexter Morgan Members Posts: 40
    Options
    They need to give the people what they want. Rock over Cena
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is the beef b/t Rock & Cena real tho. I mean a couple of years ago Cena poppin off at the mouth at one of the house shows about Rock. Rock addressed, they went back & forth on promos, but I haven't heard if it's actually a REAL beef outside of the ring.
  • sobek
    sobek Members Posts: 5,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Am I the only one who thinks that Rock vs Cena could actually end up being a trilogy of matches over the next few years rather then just a "one and done" match?

I know everyone's comparing this match to Rock vs Hogan, but the deference with this match is Rock is way younger then Hogan was and really hasn't lost a step in the ring. Which makes me believe that Cena will win just so the WWE can have the possibility of future matches between the two.

If Rock wins, there would be little to no need to have any future matches between them because Cena would be officially deemed as an unequal in the eyes of the fans and not worth The Rock's time anymore. But if Cena wins, The Rock can't just go back to Hollywood.

Now, even though it makes sense for Cena to win, there's no way in hell I believe it'll be a clean win. Cena said himself his back's against the wall which means he's desperate. And we all know, desperation can be a key determining factor in heel turns.

• Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sorry to say but john Cena is going to win at wrestlemania!
  • TdotGoHARD87
    Options
    i see how wwe is doin. they tryna get us to cheer cena goin into mania so he doesnt get boo'd out the building when he wins. but see the problem with that is, its in rockys hometown. ive always found it funny how usually (tho there are exceptions) the hometown guys gets embarassed. it jus seems soooo vintage vince.

what sucks for cena is the fact that he is gonna boooooo'd out the city....well thats what i expect @ least
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    sobek wrote: »
    Am I the only one who thinks that Rock vs Cena could actually end up being a trilogy of matches over the next few years rather then just a "one and done" match?

I know everyone's comparing this match to Rock vs Hogan, but the deference with this match is Rock is way younger then Hogan was and really hasn't lost a step in the ring. Which makes me believe that Cena will win just so the WWE can have the possibility of future matches between the two.

If Rock wins, there would be little to no need to have any future matches between them because Cena would be officially deemed as an unequal in the eyes of the fans and not worth The Rock's time anymore. But if Cena wins, The Rock can't just go back to Hollywood.

Now, even though it makes sense for Cena to win, there's no way in hell I believe it'll be a clean win. Cena said himself his back's against the wall which means he's desperate. And we all know, desperation can be a key determining factor in heel turns.
    rock is supposed to be wrestling at summerslam this year, and he's involved with next year's WM in some way so i could see it being a trilogy.
  • eyes low
    eyes low Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have a feeling Vince is gonna come out and screw the rock and make cena win
  • poindexter2
    poindexter2 Members Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    peagle05 wrote: »

rock is supposed to be wrestling at summerslam this year, and he's involved with next year's WM in some way so i could see it being a trilogy.

Rock VS Cena one fall match at wrestlemania

Rock VS Cena NHB, NDQ at summerslam

Rock VS Cena in an I quit match at the next wrestlemania

I can see this happening this year and next year
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options
    If Cena wins and NOT turn heel in the process, then ? the whole thing.

I honestly want to see it go down like the Hogan/Rock match did. Hadn't heard "Rocky Sucks" in YEARS before that match.

? was boss.
  • peagle05
    Options
    During a recent interview conducted for the Hot Clicks Podcast on SportsIllustrated.com, WWE star John Cena hyped his match against The Rock at WrestleMania 28, and had the following to say concerning the real life problems he has with Dwayne Johnson:

I disagree with the way he does business...I congratulate him on all his success. He's had a Hall of Fame resume in WWE. His movies have grossed over $1 billion worldwide. But if was my career path, I would have done it differently...I disagree with some of the decisions he made.

All that time being gone, and the total process he took to try to reinvent himself. I can show you magazine covers that say 'The Rock is Dead,' or ringside interviews where he's said, 'I'll never go back to wrestling.' Just talking bad about the vehicle that got you to the dance, and then when the dust settles wanting to come back to the dance.

tumblr_ltne2aFxH41qea3fz.gif
  • sobek
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Real talk though, Cena is a ? for all the whining he does about another mans life. His hatin ass is just mad because he'll never be as successful as Rock in or out the ring and he knows it.

I know i gave my reasons why I think Cena will win, but as a fan, I really wanna see Rocky rock bottom this fool into some thumbtacks. Jealous ass ? .
  • peagle05
    Options
    Real talk though, Cena is a ? for all the whining he does about another mans life. His hatin ass is just mad because he'll never be as successful as Rock in or out the ring and he knows it.

I know i gave my reasons why I think Cena will win, but as a fan, I really wanna see Rocky rock bottom this fool into some thumbtacks. Jealous ass ? .

thats what it comes down to, cuz he aint saying ? about jericho and its known that after WM he's leaving again to tour and record a new album
  • sobek
    Options
    peagle05 wrote: »
    thats what it comes down to, cuz he aint saying ? about jericho and its known that after WM he's leaving again to tour and record a new album

lol, Very true. But what kills me about Cena is that fact that he ? and moans about what Rock doesn't do, but in reality, The Rock helped pave the way for this cornball. If anything he should be kissing Rocky's ass. The Rock being a movie star helps open up new opportunities for other guys in the business, like himself. Dudes gimmick is even a bootleg version of Rocks.

And does he think if Rock never left that he be the kind of star he is now? LOL Cena only got the torch because it was the end of an era and they had no better options. Rock left, Brock left, Stone Cold's neck was ? up, Kurt left, Y2J was leaving whenever he wanted, Taker being borderline retired for years, etc.