? Of War IV?

MysticBoy
MysticBoy Members Posts: 793 ✭✭
edited February 2012 in IllGaming
[img]http://www.analoghype.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/? -of-War-4-Release-Date.jpg[/img]
http://www.analoghype.com/video-games/bt-games-? -of-war-4-coming-feb-2013-pre-orders-available/

Comments

• stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    Enough said...
  • Alkindus
    Alkindus Members Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭
    lol Question is will Kratos be makin a comeback?
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not looking forward to it
  • Alkindus
  • Alkindus
    aye so it's fake eyyyy? thats a pity
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yea, fake ....... rumours been popping up last few weeks, but nothing official
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fake logo but the game is in the making.Just picked up the GOW Collection and played some GOW3 recently.Man it's still an incredible franchise with a great formula.
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder who is gonna be the new character and what story their gonna come up with......most of the olympians are dead.....maybe Zeus in a prequal showing his struggle with the Titans and his rise to power.....or maybe odesius' oddysse.....or hell maybe even a female character from the amazon clan
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i have no idea where they could go from here. but i cant wait. only franchise that has NEVER let me down
  • vagrant-718
    Alkindus wrote: »
    Why not?

Idk, I feel burnt out on the series. I give it props for the set pieces and QTE for the bosses but the combat doesnt feel that deep to me. I hope they improve the combat for the next game
  • joshuaboy
    I wonder who is gonna be the new character and what story their gonna come up with......most of the olympians are dead.....maybe Zeus in a prequal showing his struggle with the Titans and his rise to power.....or maybe odesius' oddysse.....or hell maybe even a female character from the amazon clan

There was supposed to be a storyline where Kratos' brother comes back from the dead to come after Kratos - this was a teased on the extras from the first GOW game.

• grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2012
    Why not?

Idk, I feel burnt out on the series. I give it props for the set pieces and QTE for the bosses but the combat doesnt feel that deep to me. I hope they improve the combat for the next game

I feel the same way after playing GOW 1-3 and the origins collection. Add Dantes Inferno and the last Castlevania, i'm bored with this style of gameplay. They should wait till PS4 to put out another one. Make it a launch title and sell some systems. GOW 4 on PS4.

Sounds nice.
  • vagrant-718
    BIGRuss wrote: »
    Why not?

I feel the same way after playing GOW 1-3 and the origins collection. Add Dantes Inferno and the last Castlevania, i'm bored with this style of gameplay. They should wait till PS4 to put out another one. Make it a launch title and sell some systems. GOW 4 on PS4.

Sounds nice.

My theory is you make 3 games and move on to something new or give it a rest and come back later w/ a reinvention
  • VulcanRaven
    joshuaboy wrote: »

There was supposed to be a storyline where Kratos' brother comes back from the dead to come after Kratos - this was a teased on the extras from the first GOW game.
    You must have not played GOW Ghost of Sparta.They already used that storyline
  • VulcanRaven
    BIGRuss wrote: »
    Why not?

Sounds nice.

My theory is you make 3 games and move on to something new or give it a rest and come back later w/ a reinvention

Tell that too Nintendo.At least GOW is fresher and not over 20 years of the exact same game.The same could be said for every franchise like Resident Evil,FF,MGS and COD.I am glad they are working on this game though and I am far from tired of it personally.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If and when part 4 come out, it's either gonna be a prequel, or new character. Hell who's Kratos gonna fight? He pretty much killed every ? and titan. Well, except Aphrodite. Whom I see why he didn't lol! I was on that part of of the game for a minute. Lol
  • VulcanRaven
    darkone360 wrote: »
    If and when part 4 come out, it's either gonna be a prequel, or new character. Hell who's Kratos gonna fight? He pretty much killed every ? and titan. Well, except Aphrodite. Whom I see why he didn't lol! I was on that part of of the game for a minute. Lol

Artemis and Cupid are still alive.He could go to india,africa or japan and murder up their Gods.
  • joshuaboy
    Mad Jack wrote:

No, I haven't. Was that the last one that came out after GOW3?
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    send kratos to ? other gods? like vishnu and ganesh? damn that be kinda cool
  • VulcanRaven
    Mad Jack wrote:

Yeah it had Deimos Kratos brother in it and was a really good game.You should pick up the GOW origins Collection for the PS3.
  • Alkindus
    BIGRuss wrote:
    Why not?

Sounds nice.

Try the Soul series,(either Demon or Dark souls lol), GOW/CV/DI etc all use the same type of combat gameplay we;ve seen/known since the legacy of kain/soul reaver days(or longer lol), Dark Souls has a completly different/more complex combat system, I thought it was refreshing, kinda like how Ninja Gaiden on the first xbox changed the game
  • joshuaboy
    edited February 2012
    Mad Jack wrote: »
    Mad Jack wrote:

Yeah it had Deimos Kratos brother in it and was a really good game.You should pick up the GOW origins Collection for the PS3.

Yea, gonna try and get it. Maybe next week. Gonna have some free time. I'm officially unemployed now. lol
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mad Jack wrote:

Yea, gonna try and get it. Maybe next week. Gonna have some free time. I'm officially unemployed now. lol

You live in Detroit?

• joshuaboy
    Mad Jack wrote:

You live in Detroit?

No. Antigua (Caribbean)