LeBron Believes Rose Has 'Evolved' Point Guard Play

2»

Comments

• JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2012
    Lol... Now we just talking about hype... Measuring strength on a basketball court is a humorous notion... Especially in this non physical era... Two guards playing point guard ain't evolution...

huh? you want to explain that one to me ...... name me the last two guard to average 8asst per game rose is a point bruh bruh ...

but like i said imo lebrons point was that the physical tool set/playing style/production from rose is something that is not the norm and i think thats why he brought up the talks of evolution ...you cant speak of "hype" if the numbers match the talk...
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    R.D. wrote:
    I never thought of it but that Francis comparison was dead on. They probably a tad more athletic but they aint doing anything he didn't

Watching Russ and Rose play is frustrating to me because they don't make their team mates better. Too many times they drive to score instead of driving to make a play

When you ever seen two good point guards who couldn't run the pick and roll for ?

except for the fact steve francis only shot the ball over 45% ONE time in his entire 9 year career ...while rose is a career 47% shooter ...... get off the surface level ? ... and since when did rose fail at running the pick n roll?? in reality him and noah run the pnr quite nicely ... Rose seems to get alot of nonsensical jabs at times ...i dont understand it...
  • windycity2117
    windycity2117 Members Posts: 9,827 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    Rose is along the same vein as a Marbury, Francis, AI,

but a better player more coachable.

Marbury & Francis really this is some ? right here.

why u actin like both guys are some run of the mill players like I said Francis at point had years where he averaged 21 7 &7 and Marbury had 8 straight years where he averaged at least 20 ppg nd 8 assist the media wants u to forget had good both point guards were cuz of ? as

Look what D.Rose is doing with the Bulls right now.Look at what D.Rose has done with his game.Francis could score as well as Marbury but neither one of them dudes really made there team better. If you put Yao with D.Rose i anteed they would go father then Yao & Francis ever went.
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    The hype refers to terms like athleticism, strength, evolution... Rose is great... But he ain't some anamoly that has never been seen before... He's a taller AI with less handles and less scoring ability...

How is that hype? ...are those things false or exaggerated?

Iverson is a career 42% shooter ..who took on average 22spg ...thats boardering chucking ...to his credit he did live at the line so thats what helped his efficiency ... Rose on the other hand is a career 47% shooter who has averaged 17spg much more effecient ... much less chuckafied .... people need to understand shooting% and the impact that has on a players overall production value ...
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    How we measure the bolded is what's makes it hype... and the stats u r citing do not prove the evolution argument...

1.Please explain ...because you have said something like this a couple of times but im failing to see your point .... and ive tried to get you to break down what you mean but you aint did it yet..

2.The stats were only meant to dispel the simple/superficial comparisons to iverson ..... i think ive said numerous times why i believe lebron made the comments about evolution .. theres no need to repeat stuff thats already written....

• R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    clearly you a chicago fan and just blinded
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    R.D. wrote:

gimmie the stats to back whatever point you think you have and ill hear you out ...however if you want to just spew out "blind" jibberish ...you my good sir .. are riding that hate wave mighty high ...
  • R.D.
    Dizzel3000 wrote:
    R.D. wrote:

gimmie the stats to back whatever point you think you have and ill hear you out ...however if you want to just spew out "blind" jibberish ...you my good sir .. are riding that hate wave mighty high ...

He's a great player who runs the point... He is not a great point guard... He is not a better point guard than Cp3... So how is he evolving the position? Y'all act like he doing some new ? ... He's doing some great things, but he aint better or more dynamic than those before him...

this

I cant explain it to you, you gotta be able to watch and see these things
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    He's a great player who runs the point... He is not a great point guard... He is not a better point guard than Cp3... So how is he evolving the position? Y'all act like he doing some new ? ... He's doing some great things, but he aint better or more dynamic than those before him...

"James said on Friday afternoon. "Derrick has definitely evolved the point guard position. He's doing it; him and Russell [Westbrook] are two guys with speed, athleticism, can score, can pass, can jump, can do everything at the point guard position."

1.how is this complicated to get??

2.how is he "not a great PG" ....but "a great player who runs the point" when he's been a PG his whole basketball career..lol

3.Him not currently being better than CP3 has nothing to do with the point LeBron is making and really may not be all that factual if you compare were the two were... at the same points in their respective careers ..... let me try to break it down for you .... Cam Newton is not better than Tom Brady .... But that does not mean Cam isnt evolving the QB position..

4.Power/Size/Speed/IQ/Production/Efficiency all in one package at that position is the definition of "some new ? ' ...and at 23 he's only getting better ...

but its good bruh ...im talking in circles with you .... and you aint answering no questions just bringing up the same ? i already answered like 3 post ago ...ill just agree to disagree
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    R.D. wrote:
    this

I cant explain it to you, you gotta be able to watch and see these things

So you have a point .....that you cant explain?? ...well ? thats the first thing ive agreed with from you this whole conversation...
  • R.D.
    yeah either you got the eye to see the ? or you dont

you arguing ? thats well known so i dont know what to say to you
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    R.D. wrote:
    yeah either you got the eye to see the ? or you dont

you arguing ? thats well known so i dont know what to say to you

whats well known bruh?
  • twizza 77
    twizza 77 Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rose is a willing passer, problem is that Hamilton has been injured for most of the season, thats why his assists has been the same. Also part of the reason Rose doesn't average 10-12 assist a game is that the Bulls as a team are ranked top 3 in assists, they have good passers like ? , Noah, and Deng that will make the extra pass. Problem with the Bulls is that only the Point Guards on the team can create their own shots.
  • DaFifthElement
    DaFifthElement Members Posts: 4,764 ✭✭✭
    I see where you coming from Dizzel
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL at ? getting props if there is a overrated player on the Bulls its ? . And I don't know why, but Derrick Rose still doesn't get any respect. Everything he plays against Deron Williams or CP3 he makes them look average. Oh Well youngest MVP ever and he is getting better every year gradually. He had some injuries this year missed like 12 games but I think he will go down as one of the best PGs ever. He needs to work more on consistent shooting and his defense and hes all set to go. If you really watch basketball Rose only achilles is his defense. He should average way more steals a game.