The Apple Doesn't Fall Far From the Tree....

kzwider
kzwider Members Posts: 41
edited February 2012 in From the Cheap Seats
http://www.the-outfielder.com/2012/02/pat-knight-following-in-dads-footsteps.html

did you guys read this? pat knight is an animal... just like his father

Comments

• Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    I loved it. Called then out for doing drugs and stealing scholarships. Yeah me may be a ? coach but it was still a good speech
  • kzwider
    yeah you ever have a coach like this guy? got benched my senior year for going on a service trip the summer before senior season for not being dedicated enough to bball.... its coaches like this who ruin bball for their players
  • txboi_09
    txboi_09 Members Posts: 2,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kzwider wrote: »
    yeah you ever have a coach like this guy? got benched my senior year for going on a service trip the summer before senior season for not being dedicated enough to bball.... its coaches like this who ruin bball for their players

What you did isn't exactly getting in trouble for doing drugs and being disciplined for it though. From what he was saying these dudes were playing like ? and acting like idiots off the court.
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kzwider wrote:

Its ? ass ? like you that wreck the experience for real ball players.
  • kzwider
    naw naw i see where he's coming from with the drugs and whatnot... hopefully he can clean up lamar in the previous years.. he's just terribly judgmental it seems
  • Darius
    Seems like he's making a judgement based on 100% facts. What's the problem?
  • bigev240
    bigev240 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 10,925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have no issue with what he said, just think it was the wrong place to say it. You don't always put your team's ? laundry out in public.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bigev240 wrote:
    Have no issue with what he said, just think it was the wrong place to say it. You don't always put your team's ? laundry out in public.

exactly..........
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bigev240 wrote:

I'd agree with that if this press conference was the first place he said that, but from what it sounds like, he's been going through it all year with those guys. It pretty much seems like he's giving up on those dudes, cutting his losses, and putting the public on notice. He pretty much said that there was nothing left to do with those guys and recruiting is what would get the program moving in the right direction.

I'm not saying whether he's a good or a bad coach, but you got to believe that with some people at some point, you gotta just say "? it" and accept they ain't going to be ? .
  • bigev240
    bigev240 wrote:

I'd agree with that if this press conference was the first place he said that, but from what it sounds like, he's been going through it all year with those guys. It pretty much seems like he's giving up on those dudes, cutting his losses, and putting the public on notice. He pretty much said that there was nothing left to do with those guys and recruiting is what would get the program moving in the right direction.

I'm not saying whether he's a good or a bad coach, but you got to believe that with some people at some point, you gotta just say "? it" and accept they ain't going to be ? .

No doubt, or what he could have done was just kick the players off the team and take this year as a lost and come back next season with the sqaud that you feel will better represent the school.
  • Darius
    smh @ a school named Lamar having thugs
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bigev240 wrote: »

No doubt, or what he could have done was just kick the players off the team and take this year as a lost and come back next season with the sqaud that you feel will better represent the school.

The way he's talking, the seniors are more or less the heart of the team. He's not just going to dismiss them all for being bad players. They are getting that scholarship money, so he's got to play him. If it was one or two of them, that would be one thing, but it seems like it's a significant portion of the team.

I'm not saying he couldn't have kept this in-house, but clearly if he's ripping them like this, he doesn't care anymore and basically wants to get it on public record that those dudes are ? . If anything, he's trying to protect himself. Because if they play ugly game after ugly game, eventually that's going to fall onto the coach. So he's probably trying to pre-empt that and let everyone know it's the players.
  • kzwider
    still hate pknight but lamar killed the next team they played too ...
  • Darius
    smh@ at a school named Lamar. with thugs. killing.
  • bigev240
    bigev240 wrote: »

The way he's talking, the seniors are more or less the heart of the team. He's not just going to dismiss them all for being bad players. They are getting that scholarship money, so he's got to play him. If it was one or two of them, that would be one thing, but it seems like it's a significant portion of the team.

I'm not saying he couldn't have kept this in-house, but clearly if he's ripping them like this, he doesn't care anymore and basically wants to get it on public record that those dudes are ? . If anything, he's trying to protect himself. Because if they play ugly game after ugly game, eventually that's going to fall onto the coach. So he's probably trying to pre-empt that and let everyone know it's the players.

True
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought there was a reason he was coaching?
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You dont complain about the car you're driving at the end of the race.