Options
haute
haute Members Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2012 in The Powder Room
hi ladies!

men too

so me and my girlfriend are both starting a 100 day challenge, on march 1st

for me its running 5 miles everyday and mediating for at least 15 minutes day

for her it's logging everything she eats and drinks with calories and working out for at least 30 minutes, even if its just a brisk walk, everyday

so I want people to join, pick something you've alway wanted to do (like run a marathon) and find one thing that you can everyday that will get you to that goal

(I want to run in two marathons this year so running everyday will get me closer to that)

this goal does not have to be health or fitness based (a chick told me she was giving up ? for 100 days) so just pick something that's important to you.

Everyday you have to report to this thread and let everyone know if completed your goal for the day, this can also be a place where you ask for advice and share experiences on how you are getting through your journey

guys are welcome to join too (but i will have NO SHENANIGANS, and you know who you are)

so if you plan on taking on the challenge, start by posting what you plan on doing everyday, what you hope the outcome will be, what tools you will utilize to achieve your goal, and what changes in your environment you will make to help support your new habits

Comments

• NYCeeCee
    NYCeeCee Members Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I like this thread. I'm gonna think about what I want to do. Will be back.
  • MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    Options
    Nice Haute

The only thing coming to mind right now is I need to read more. I swear after working all day and then coming home to mom duties ... the last thing I want to do is pick up a book

But there are so many good ones out here that I keep buying and saying... I'll start this tonight

Maybe I'll read a book a week.....
  • haute
    Options
    lol hi parallel

Ok starting march first I will run and meditate everyday

I've purchased new running shoes, and downloaded the nike + app to track my progress

I've also cleared out my den so that I have no distractions during my me time.

I'm thinking I might invest in a treadmill because it was a tad chilly when I went running today and I don't want the weather hold me back
  • In Your Moms Room
    In Your Moms Room Members Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nice Haute

The only thing coming to mind right now is I need to read more. I swear after working all day and then coming home to mom duties ... the last thing I want to do is pick up a book

But there are so many good ones out here that I keep buying and saying... I'll start this tonight

Maybe I'll read a book a week.....

You must read 'Never Look Away' by Linwood Barclay. It's a thriller. I read alot, i've read alot of books. As far as thrillers, crimes,mysteries, this is the best book i have read in my life.
  • NYCeeCee
    Options
    There are a few things that I want to do, but the main things are working out every day for a minimum of an hour. I already have a trainer that I've been paying, but I haven't seen him since Dec. smh. (purpose: Stay healthy and awesome)

Write my daily, monthly, 1 year and 5 year goals morning and night. (purpose: to get better in every area in my life for myself and my family)

I've been slacking lately as far as my spirituality, so I will get back to praying every morning and I want to read at least a chapter per day from my Bible. (purpose: To keep Jesus as my homeboy. LOL)

The only tool I really need for all 3 of these is some "ME" time. I'm gonna make an effort to carve out an hour per day for just me...no one else. That, alone, is a challenge. But I'm up for it.

I'm gonna have to start next Tues, tho. Going out of town this wknd and won't be back until Mon.
  • NYCeeCee
    Options
    NYCeeCee wrote: »
    There are a few things that I want to do, but the main things are working out every day for a minimum of an hour. I already have a trainer that I've been paying, but I haven't seen him since Dec. smh. (purpose: Stay healthy and awesome)

Write my daily, monthly, 1 year and 5 year goals morning and night. (purpose: to get better in every area in my life for myself and my family)

I've been slacking lately as far as my spirituality, so I will get back to praying every morning and I want to read at least a chapter per day from my Bible. (purpose: To keep Jesus as my homeboy. LOL)

The only tool I really need for all 3 of these is some "ME" time. I'm gonna make an effort to carve out an hour per day for just me...no one else. That, alone, is a challenge. But I'm up for it.

I'm gonna have to start next Tues, tho. Going out of town this wknd and won't be back until Mon.

Wait...I'm gonna need at least 1.5 hours. Workout is an hour and the rest can be done in 30 minutes.

• NYCeeCee
    Options
    Chicity wrote: »
    Cool thread.
    Welp, I can give up breaking my meat off proper for 100 days.

Gonna have to buy a video game or something cause I travel a lot.

You sure you up for that, Chi? LOL

• MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    Options
    awww that's so nice Parallel
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm going to do a push-up pyramid and 10 pull-ups every day for the next 100 days

• J-GUTTA
    J-GUTTA Members Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ImParallel wrote: »
    I'm gonna give up cutting my hair for 100 days. Well hopefully a year. But that will be my thing. Then I'm gonna donate my luxurious locks to a charity so they can make a wig for a kid that went through chemo.

I thought about doing that when I started growing my hair 6 years ago but the women like it so much I said ? the kids.
  • JJ 1975
    JJ 1975 Members Posts: 336
    Options
    I actually started this earlier this month. I used to run and wanted to get back into it, but take it easy. I'm running a mile a day.
  • In Your Moms Room
    In Your Moms Room Members Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i want to be ? for 100 days. that would be tight
  • haute
    Options
    yay!!

day one complete!

I hope everyone had a great start too
  • lighthearted25
    lighthearted25 Members Posts: 1,307
    Options
    This is a great idea. I don't know about no damn 5miles a day though lol. I guess I'm going to jog a mile everyday because my friend let's me use his gym if I want to. So jogging and studying more.
  • taeboo
    taeboo Members Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wanna do this! I'm going to up my workout time from 30 minutes to an hour and add in a Saturday workout. Also going to give up the sweets, my sweet tooth is ridiculous.
  • haute
    Options
    ? this weekend was tough

It was cold as hell

But I still got my miles in
  • haute
    Options
    60 degrees yessss

I did my best 5k today
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options
    my goal for the year was to reach/stay at my goal weight and get some definition in my tummy and hopefully join a sports team at school

so for 100 days i will make conscious decisions to eat right and get some type of exercise everyday so that i can build up to being more athletic

E-signed, Pico R. Rivera March 7,2012
  • Gooner
    Gooner Members Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^^^ play volleyball
  • Bussy_Getta
    edited March 2012
    Options
    ^^^ play volleyball
    rotfl you like the 8th person to tell me that but thats actually what i was leaning towards
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i'd go to your games.
  • Bussy_Getta
    Options
    you so supportive : )
  • Gooner
    Gooner Members Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    its perfect for ur size...plus it will keep ur body in great shape, not too manh sloppy vball chicks around...wat other sports where u looking at?
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm a very supportive guy. and if you guys win i'll take the whole team out for pizza and milkshakes.
  • Bussy_Getta
    Options
    its perfect for ur size...plus it will keep ur body in great shape, not too manh sloppy vball chicks around...wat other sports where u looking at?

either that or soccer