NFL Networks Mike Mayock at it again, saying Luck is just as athletic as Cam Newton .........

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Legend in Two SportsPosts: 8,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2012 in From the Cheap Seats
"I think what was surprising to some people was how athletic Andrew Luck is. I think a lot of people might be surprised to compare his measurables to Cam Newton from a year ago," NFL Network analyst Mike Mayock said. "Cam Newton hits you over the head with a sledge hammer as far as his athletic ability; it's pretty obvious, whereas with Andrew Luck, it's sneaky athletic. "

Comments

• Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    what Mayock said right here is 100% factual and cannot be disputed.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Legend in Two Sports Posts: 8,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darius wrote: »

Mike Mayock is known for his reaching and dicklicking of white qb's ....

• bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    t/s obviously hasnt seen the combine numbers
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    he just meant numbers wise

clearly Luck isn't the athlete cam is
  • Darius
    BoYBe$T wrote: »
    Darius wrote: »

Mike Mayock is known for his reaching and dicklicking of white qb's ....

i'm not familiar with who dicklicks, but the quote you posted is accurate. it doesn't matter who said it.
  • ya boi g
    ya boi g Members Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭
    As far as what Luck did at the combine his statement is pretty accurate......

But I saw Luck play a couple times, and those couple times I saw him play he didnt look that athletic to me.
  • Darius
    well Luck wasn't exactly asked to do what Cam did and truth be told, he couldn't do what Cam did, in terms of running the ball that much, with that much success.

but like he said, the measurables do compare, and when Luck has to run, he has the ability to do so. it just looks more awkward b/c he isn't quite as fluid in his running style. but he can elude alot of lineman, but probably what separates Cam is that he can also run over/run around linebackers and dbs. i'm not sure Luck can do that.
  • R.D.
    on another note, mayock is a clown though

These so called draft experts who never did ? on a field sit back on ESPN trashing half the kids in the draft and telling people what they cant do
  • CockMcStuffins
    CockMcStuffins Members Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This ? been mad at mayock for favoring matt ryan over mcfadden in the draft a few years backk.....and he was right about that.

Ryan(for all his faults) was a better pick and has been a better qb than mcfadden(who is injury prone) has been a rb. get over it ?
  • Darius
    and i believe mayock said that he would have had mcfadden as his #1 player if not for injury concerns
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He is...judging by the comebine numbers and his play at stanford...so yall go act like luck wasnt running over ? at times when he tucked the ball and ran with it.....i remember that usc ? picked off one of luck passes and luck bobby boucher'd dat boy.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Luck is not as athletic as Cam. he will get knocked out trying to run in the league
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    he should play running back....
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    aneed123 wrote:
    Luck is not as athletic as Cam. he will get knocked out trying to run in the league

And cam wouldnt??? luck isnt a small guy.We all know cam is a beast, just saying luck is more athletic than most people think.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And cam wouldnt??? luck isnt a small guy.We all know cam is a beast, just saying luck is more athletic than most people think.

no he wouldnt he just broke the nfl rush record for qbs... He is bigger and more athletic that Luck Cam is damn near 6'6
  • Darius
    the only thing the quote was saying was that his measurables compared to Cam, which they did. and that Luck has a sneaky athleticism about him. that also seems to be true. I dont think Mayock is drawing the conclusion that Luck is as athletic as Cam based off some combine numbers.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is in terms of the combine workouts. Yall take one comment and just go off the deep end. Like Luck is going to be running around and diving for touchdowns. Just based on combine measurables Luck and Cam are basically the same. Mayock is 100 correct.

and you better start the same type of thread if Luck and Cam have similar wonderlic scores and there intelligence level is the same.
  • [Deleted User]
    This ? been mad at mayock for favoring matt ryan over mcfadden in the draft a few years backk.....and he was right about that.

Ryan(for all his faults) was a better pick and has been a better qb than mcfadden(who is injury prone) has been a rb. get over it ?

what has Matt Ryan done for his team since being drafted ?

• CockMcStuffins

what has Matt Ryan done for his team since being drafted ?

Winning record....multiple playoff appearances......back to back playoffs for the first time in franchise history(not even vick can did that in atl)

Now u tell me, what has mcfadden done in oakland that warrants such high praise?
  • [Deleted User]
    who said McFadden warranted high praise and who said "playoff appearances" warranted high praise ?

what I can say is that when McFadden is %100 he is a top 3 back, Matt Ryan has been healthy from day one and Matt Ryan has been carried by the system of Mike Smith since day one ....
  • R.D.
    when healthy, Mcfadden is a better player than Matt Ryan
  • CockMcStuffins
    When healthy(and that aint often)foster...AD....mjd....turner....ol boy in chicago....rice....mccoy.....at least are better than mcfadden
  • CockMcStuffins
    Dude was a BUST until he had a decent yeara couple of seasons ago...and then he got back on his bs last year
  • [Deleted User]
    edited February 2012
    Dude was a BUST until he had a decent yeara couple of seasons ago...and then he got back on his bs last year

did u see the numbers Darren were putting up this past year ?

he was out performing every back in the game by far before he went down ....

get off ya ? playboy and let the emotion go ....

• CockMcStuffins

did u see the numbers Darren were putting up this past year ?

he was out performing every back in the game by far before he went down ....

get off ya ? playboy and let the emotion go ....

Yeah but can he keep it up nh for a full season(the sign of a real great rb)?

He hasnt proven it yet and therefpre he's top a top rb.

Remove his ? from your mouth ? .