NFL Networks Mike Mayock at it again, saying Luck is just as athletic as Cam Newton .........

2»

Comments

• CockMcStuffins
    CockMcStuffins Members Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    *isnt a top rb
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe as athletic.... for a ? .
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everything looks good on paper.
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • txboi_09
    txboi_09 Members Posts: 2,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cam:
    40-Yard Dash 4.59
    Vertical jump 35.0
    Broad jump 10'6
    Three-cone drill 6.92
    20-yard shuttle 4.18

Luck:
    40 yard dash-4.67
    vertical jump-36.0
    Broad jump-10'4
    Three cone drill-6.8
    20 yard shuttle: 4.28

I would definitely say that Mayock has a point he's pretty athletic, of course he's not gonna do all the ? Cam does cause they're two different kinds of QBs. Mayock is actually the best out of all the "talent evaluators" from the draft especially when it comes to DB's. I remember people talking ? when he had Earl Thomas rated as the highest Safety that year ahead of Berry and so far Thomas has been just as good as berry.
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    I think y'all are reading thinking that mayock actually said that luck is "as athletic as Cam" that's what the thread title says but that's not what he said
  • fightforolddc
    fightforolddc Members Posts: 981 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2012
    Darius wrote: »
    the only thing the quote was saying was that his measurables compared to Cam, which they did. and that Luck has a sneaky athleticism about him. that also seems to be true. I dont think Mayock is drawing the conclusion that Luck is as athletic as Cam based off some combine numbers.

QFE

You never realize how .... I don't wanna say racist, but how racial draft evaluators are based on their language. Like how many people have to qualify RG3 like "No no really, he can throw from the pocket!!! He's not just an athlete! ... He's SO BRIGHT IN INTERVIEWS" Like you couldn't tell he can throw from the pocket based on his college play. Like it's surprising that he's really smart. Yes he's black and you don't have to act so impressed.

And why are people so SHOCKED that Luck compared to Cam's measurables?? Did people not see him play at Stanford and just assumed he's a slow pocket passer because he's white and nerdy looking? All about his "sneaky athleticism." He's always been able to scramble well, did no one watch Stanford games? No one should be shocked he tested well if they paid any attention.

youtube.com/watch?v=S4_w-puInqY
  • Darius
    Really, the majority of people (east coast) never saw much of Luck, games starting at like 11pm if they were even on tv at all. And seemed like they ran the ball alot too with the RBs. And when you hear all the Manning comparisons, people probably just assumed he was of that same skill set. But yeah, you only had to watch a few games to see Luck was able to move on his feet. Wasn't always graceful, but he had speed. Funny nobody talks about Griffen or Newton as being smart qbs but Luck is "cerebral"
  • fightforolddc
    LOL yeah Griffin is an athletic running playmaker who has amazing speed ... and oh yeah threw for 10,000 yards in college
  • Darius
    And for a black man with dreads, he's been surprisingly good during the interviews
  • fightforolddc
    Ha it's like people aint even listening to themselves I remember Luck broke a long touchdown against Wake Forest and they were like "He's running away from DBs!!! Did that just happen? I don't believe it." I'm sure Luck did his tax return on the sidelines.
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Luck will be a bust I have this gut feeling.
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anybody got that vid of stanford vs USC when he threw that pick but ended up damn near knocking that db head off.

• fightforolddc
    Belichick just compared Luck to Cam
    “I don’t think there’s a lot of difference between him, physically, and a guy like Cam Newton, just as far as being able to run, and be strong and fast and have a good arm. He seems to read coverages well. He’s got a great receiver, obviously, in Reggie Wayne. … The Colts have done a great job. They’ve turned that program around.”

Seems Mayock was right.
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He's not AS athletic as Cam, but he ain't far off. He's a taller Steve Young in alot of ways.

I'm actually glad to see a white analyst compare two players from the same position of DIFFERENT races.

I get tired of hearing every white bball player being compared to Larry Bird and every black QB compared to Vick or Cunningham no matter what their game is actually like.

? , Paul Pierce's game is more like Larry Bird than anybody else. lol.
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Be$T_1 wrote: »
    who said McFadden warranted high praise and who said "playoff appearances" warranted high praise ?

what I can say is that when McFadden is %100 he is a top 3 back, Matt Ryan has been healthy from day one and Matt Ryan has been carried by the system of Mike Smith since day one ....

lol @ "System of Mike Smith" when Mike Smith is a defensive dude. Stop it, bruh.
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cats sleeping on that cornball looking cat Luck but if you are honest with yourself you will see that ole boy is a really good athlete.