Lets be real Ross making it hard for Jeezy or Tip to eat right now!!!

Options

Comments

• 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    H-Rap 180 wrote:
    Jamaica wrote: »
    How is waiting til December a good idea to drop meek millz album? He has a nice buzz going he should drop an album now.

Don't be impatient, "House Party" is still buzzing heavy and he's touring right now but his buzz will be even hotter after SelfMade 2 and Dreamchasers 2 and you already know he's going to have hot verses on French's debut and GFID along with some other collabs.

I dont like the idea of Meek dropping right now without a strong single. When Wale dropped "Ambition" he had "That Way" all over the radio and a crazy movement on Twitter and he rode that momentum into "Lotus Flower Bomb" and now on to "Sabotage"...but the twist is that Meek ain't got that R&B crossover element so with a street artist in this day&age you gotta have a hot single or an "I Do" like Jeezy if you want some record sales that don't look like Yo Gotti's :(

If you count on the streets to buy your albums and don't get the Sistas on deck or a crossover track you gonna flop 9 times outta 10.

I understand what they're trying to do. They want to make sure millz buzz is big before dropping an album. I mean look at j cole last year. none of his singles were really as big around the time of his album release. yet he still went gold. this waiting game could hurt him
  • Livefromclayco
    Livefromclayco Members Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you would've said this ? last summer then nobody could've argued it but that ? ross buzz is fadin fast
    an jeezy just went gold and ain't never gonna stop tip that ? put in too much work
  • GSonII
    GSonII Members Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Miles HIGH wrote: »
    GSonII wrote: »

Nobody in the streets bumping no ? Alley Boy. All the people I know atleast. If you talking about in the so-called hood or projects. Who the ? really cares about that ? . Broke ? use the hoods and projects to come up. Then they gone. It is more stand up for a ? like T.I. who does not have to keep screaming Bankhead to do it than some petty broke ? to talk tough and about how hood he is until he gets where he wants to go. If you ask some random person going throughout there day about Alley Boy that person is going to look at you like who? Everyone on this site claims to be whatever they need to be to get some wack point across. So, you dipped to Decatur one day and it told you all you need to know. LMAO.

One day?...I basically spent half my life there, cuh...I'm talmbout livin there for 3 years total plus spendin every summer there since 1996...I was just there for 3 days last weekend, chillin wit my cousins boyfriend off Candler...My face is on the wall in American Deli on Wesley Chapel, don't try me like that, lol...You actin hurt when I'm sayin I'm a fan of T.I. myself...Moreso than I am of Ross...But to say his current music is more popular than Ross's current music is absurd...And to say nobody bumps Alley Boy is absurd as well...Good day.

Naw, you sounding mighty stupid and fake. Talking about someone trying you like you really gonna do something over the internet. Like I say and many have said in this thread when you say making it hard for someone to eat that is going beyond music. Both of those dudes get caked stash from how long they been on vs Ross that is my point. Your points are ignorant ? about you claiming to know what is going on in the streets. It has nothing to do with who you a fan of by the way. That's like a person on here saying I'm black but Eminem is the best you could have kept that ? to yourself.
  • blackbloc
    blackbloc Members Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    t/s lets be real jeezy making def jam realize ross will flop and not want to invest anymore money in to gfid . jeezy stay selling 500k easy and performing all over late night tv and doing concerts. how is ross slowing up his money?
  • H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    H-Rap 180 wrote:
    How is waiting til December a good idea to drop meek millz album? He has a nice buzz going he should drop an album now.

Don't be impatient, "House Party" is still buzzing heavy and he's touring right now but his buzz will be even hotter after SelfMade 2 and Dreamchasers 2 and you already know he's going to have hot verses on French's debut and GFID along with some other collabs.

I dont like the idea of Meek dropping right now without a strong single. When Wale dropped "Ambition" he had "That Way" all over the radio and a crazy movement on Twitter and he rode that momentum into "Lotus Flower Bomb" and now on to "Sabotage"...but the twist is that Meek ain't got that R&B crossover element so with a street artist in this day&age you gotta have a hot single or an "I Do" like Jeezy if you want some record sales that don't look like Yo Gotti's :(

If you count on the streets to buy your albums and don't get the Sistas on deck or a crossover track you gonna flop 9 times outta 10.

I understand what they're trying to do. They want to make sure millz buzz is big before dropping an album. I mean look at j cole last year. none of his singles were really as big around the time of his album release. yet he still went gold. this waiting game could hurt him

That's a good point.

I think J.Cole benifitted a lot by being JayZ's "chosen one" and he was heavy on the college campuses and had critically acclaimed mixtapes so once "Work Out" caught fire on urban radio he toured his ass of and eventually got a Gold single and Gold album.

I'm looking at Tyga doing 60K with "Rack City" getting play every 6 seconds for the last month and I'm like damn that's not too good with a Young Money co-sign and a buzzing single.

It's always a gamble...Saigon was too late with his and Roscoe Dash was too soon and both flopped.

• georgia boi
    georgia boi Members Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This thread might be true in the case of Jeezy, but Ross and T.I. are pretty much in the same position right now. Ross has a lil' leverage over T.I. being that he easily had the better mixtape (T.I.'s mixtape got some heat on it though) and "You The Boss" was more successful than "I'm Flexin". That being said, both currently have no release date and have had a single that flopped.
  • georgia boi
    Options
    Why do people still apply buzz to established artists? Jeezy's last album should've put to rest that an artist needs some type of buzz to do numbers. Only new artists need buzz.
  • ThaCerealKilla
    ThaCerealKilla Members Posts: 450 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Ross ain't do ? to dem nikkaz dem nikkaz doin the ? to deyselves
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol how is Jeezy not eating when he just went gold? One rapper buzz might be more than the other but it's not affecting how none of them are eating. Most Ross fans are also Jeezy fans.. Most Jeezy fans are also Ross fans. They all eating.
  • StillDreaming
    StillDreaming Members Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭
    Options
    This thread might be true in the case of Jeezy, but Ross and T.I. are pretty much in the same position right now. Ross has a lil' leverage over T.I. being that he easily had the better mixtape (T.I.'s mixtape got some heat on it though) and "You The Boss" was more successful than "I'm Flexin". That being said, both currently have no release date and have had a single that flopped. [/quot
    Nah homie this ain't just about radio play. TI is just meh right now

High Definition
    MMG Untouchable
    Rich Forever
    Triple Beam Dreams
    Keys ti the Crib

Im sorry but Tip ain't putting out that kinda quality. I've listen to TI last mixtape about 3 times and the only thing worth keeping (imo of course) was that Mannie Fresh track and mayyyyyyyyyybe that joint with Trey Songs. TI dun fell off.....its understandable though as he lost so much time to prison. Plus Tip ain't worried about music, dude just trying to expand his brand as far as he can. TIP gone go where the money is......and right now thats reality TV for him.

• StillDreaming
    Options
    This thread might be true in the case of Jeezy, but Ross and T.I. are pretty much in the same position right now. Ross has a lil' leverage over T.I. being that he easily had the better mixtape (T.I.'s mixtape got some heat on it though) and "You The Boss" was more successful than "I'm Flexin". That being said, both currently have no release date and have had a single that flopped. [/quot

High Definition
    MMG Untouchable
    Rich Forever
    Triple Beam Dreams
    Keys ti the Crib

Im sorry but Tip ain't putting out that kinda quality. I've listen to TI last mixtape about 3 times and the only thing worth keeping (imo of course) was that Mannie Fresh track and mayyyyyyyyyybe that joint with Trey Songs. TI dun fell off.....its understandable though as he lost so much time to prison. Plus Tip ain't worried about music, dude just trying to expand his brand as far as he can. TIP gone go where the money is......and right now thats reality TV for him.

Man how y'all edit ur post this new format is killing me
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
  • StillDreaming
    Options
    HLF wrote: »

Instead of calling me a ? can u assist me with using the forum. u r a mod right?
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Use the wheel thing in the upper right hand corner of your post
  • georgia boi
    Options

High Definition
    MMG Untouchable
    Rich Forever
    Triple Beam Dreams
    Keys ti the Crib

As stated before, Ross's mixtape is easily better than T.I.'s. T.I. had several dope songs on his mixtape ("On Purpose", "Stuntin' Like A Fool", "Popped Off", "This Time of Night" and a couple of others), but the threadstarter isn't talking about the quality of music. Both T.I. and Ross are currently pretty much in the same position. Neither of them have a release date and no singles. They only have mixtapes. Whether or not T.I. fell off is whole other thread.
  • StillDreaming
    Options

Thank u kind sir
    http://youtu.be/58RBXwwICjE

Ain't nothing on 103 or TIs tape ? with that
  • H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2012
    Options
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    Lol how is Jeezy not eating when he just went gold? One rapper buzz might be more than the other but it's not affecting how none of them are eating. Most Ross fans are also Jeezy fans.. Most Jeezy fans are also Ross fans. They all eating.

Everybody is at their table eating their food but the portions on the plate and the quality of the food is not the same.

Jeezy's previous album (Recession) sold 260,000 first week and his 2011 album (TM103) sold 233,000 first week; he has a strong and loyal fan base who support his projects release like they are an event.

T.I. previous album (Paper Trail) sold 568,000 first week and his last album in 2010 (No Mercy) sold 159,000 first week

Ricky Rozay last album (Deeper than Rap) sold 158,000 copies first week and his last album (Teflon Don) in 2010 sold 176,000 first week.

So if first-week sales are an indication of interest and buzz would it be safe to say that T.I. has taken a dip in popularity while Jeezy and Rozay have maintained their core fan base?

Would it be also safer to say that Rozay is the only one out of the three that has increased his music fan base in the last 3 years that they have all dropped albums?

T.I. has his reality show on VH1 which in my opinion puts him ahead of Ross & Jeezy in terms of popularity and visibility but music industry wise Rozay is making bigger moves than both T.I. & Jeezy. As far as the music quality you already know who got it.

• ThaCerealKilla
    Options

Thank u kind sir
    http://youtu.be/58RBXwwICjE

Ain't nothing on 103 or TIs tape ? with that

word, ross need to put this & last breathe on that gfid,
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol @ ? mad because The Real Is Back now
  • Miles HIGH
    Miles HIGH Members Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭
    Options
    GSonII wrote: »

Naw, you sounding mighty stupid and fake. Talking about someone trying you like you really gonna do something over the internet. Like I say and many have said in this thread when you say making it hard for someone to eat that is going beyond music. Both of those dudes get caked stash from how long they been on vs Ross that is my point. Your points are ignorant ? about you claiming to know what is going on in the streets. It has nothing to do with who you a fan of by the way. That's like a person on here saying I'm black but Eminem is the best you could have kept that ? to yourself.

Bruh...Yo points are irrelevant...All I'm talmbout is who's music is hotter in the region right na...It's clearly Ross...I also said that when it comes to potential sales, popularity, and money, T.I.P. is still elite, and ain't nobody stoppin that...The first post I made in this thread I co-signed and no-signed the t/s...Again, you just soundin hurt by the truth...But you win...Go ride round Atlanta and take a poll of how many ? is playin "Harry Potter" on 285...Lol.
  • ThaCerealKilla
    edited March 2012
    Options
    T. Sanford wrote: »

Big Meech "THE REAL IS HERE TO STAY, WHEN U HERE TO STAY U AIN'T GOTTA COME BACK"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfkTh_5iIZc
    gotdamn
  • ThaCerealKilla
    Options
    [img]http://sphotos.? .fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/s320x320/404919_10150700983212640_32697717639_10910485_800473526_n.jpg[/img]

crackkkaz gonna love it
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    T. Sanford wrote: »

Big Meech "THE REAL IS HERE TO STAY, WHEN U HERE TO STAY U AIN'T GOTTA COME BACK"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfkTh_5iIZc

gotdamn

So Big Meech suppose to be dissing Jeezy?
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    H-Rap 180 wrote:
    buttuh_b wrote: »

Everybody is at their table eating their food but the portions on the plate and the quality of the food is not the same.

Jeezy's previous album (Recession) sold 260,000 first week and his 2011 album (TM103) sold 233,000 first week; he has a strong and loyal fan base who support his projects release like they are an event.

T.I. previous album (Paper Trail) sold 568,000 first week and his last album in 2010 (No Mercy) sold 159,000 first week

Ricky Rozay last album (Deeper than Rap) sold 158,000 copies first week and his last album (Teflon Don) in 2010 sold 176,000 first week.

So if first-week sales are an indication of interest and buzz would it be safe to say that T.I. has taken a dip in popularity while Jeezy and Rozay have maintained their core fan base?

Would it be also safer to say that Rozay is the only one out of the three that has increased his music fan base in the last 3 years that they have all dropped albums?

T.I. has his reality show on VH1 which in my opinion puts him ahead of Ross & Jeezy in terms of popularity and visibility but music industry wise Rozay is making bigger moves than both T.I. & Jeezy. As far as the music quality you already know who got it.

T.I. was in jail when that weedplate dropped. Paper Trails had like 4 top 10 singles.. I don't expect him to repeat that success but his next joint could do 300-400k first week and go platinum eventually.

Comparing The Recession sales to TM 103 doesn't make sense because the last joint dropped 4 years ago in a different climate. Jeezy did really good for the type of rapper he is, especially after everyone had counted him out.

Yes, Rozay obviously has risen.. T.I. and Jeezy have been established for a while now. Yes, Ross' music has been better than anything Jeezy or Tip put out recently.. and I definitely applaud what he's doing with Maybach Music.. Wale's sales were great (I've been a fan of him since 07 so I watched his last flop), Meek has one of the biggest buzzes in the game, and Stalley is dropping that thought provoking realness over dope beats. You can't undermine Ross at all. He's accomplishing a lot right now.

With that said, that's not taking anything away from Jeezy and Tip. Tip is always gonna appeal to the mainstream before Ross. Jeezy gon keep his fan base like you said.. and keep dropping dope music. So how is Ross making it hard for anyone to eat? I like them and all and I think they all can coexist without preventing one another from eating.
  • 704Hustla
    704Hustla Members Posts: 838 ✭✭✭
    Options
    lol @ ross runnin ? why ya'll hype this dude up for he aint no factor like that but ? it let's play this

first off ross got 3 gold albums jeezy put out 3 platinum albums

ross had probley his biggest year in 2010 with 3 big singles,def jam all on his ? and still went gold..jeezy put out an album and despite numerous delays,people writing him off, no real huge single or promotion and still went gold..

lol @ ross makin it hard for ? ..they try to hype him up like he big time but forever a 2nd string ass ? who's can only go gold is he IC's tim tebow or jeremy lynn now?