Lets be real Ross making it hard for Jeezy or Tip to eat right now!!!

Comments

• GeE-757
    GeE-757 Members Posts: 6,441
    edited March 2012
    H-Rap 180 wrote: »
    Hes going to tell you that "Teflon Don" was released on July 20 2010 and was certified GOLD on November 10 2010 and that because it took about 3 months to go Gold (112 days) it "struggled" even tho 99% of rappers dont even go GOLD to begin with.

But he wont tell you that "The Recession" was released on September 02 2008 and was certified GOLD on December 10th 2008 and that it took about 3 months to go GOLD (99 days) and "struggle" it did not.....

Thats based on RIAA certifications.

But sales is only one part of the game, some artists have the ability to help the artists around them become more successful so you have to give T.I. credit for making B.O.B a Pop-rap star and Ross for ressurecting Wale's career.

i bet...imean sum1 was just n herr talkin about jeezy goes gold faster then ross which is clearly FALSE smh.....& i dont even c sum1 like freddie fibbz sellin ova 100k mmg & gh has had mo success releasin other solo actz then jeezy has like wit ross & wale & ti & bob but my problem wit ti is hez gettin 2 europeeon fa me imean hez really sellin out wit these pop & white actz but hey if thatz wat he gotta do it is wat it is but he nor jeezy can neva diss rozay cuz ross aint neva sell out & white wash his label & do trakz wit racist crackaz i hope ross dont eva change cuz thatz gonna b a sad day n hiphop if mmg getz WHITE WASH;D i couldnt believe when i was watchin tipz sho on vh-1 his son was sayin he lovez white gurlz & hez WHITE lol smh,.,.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    HLF wrote: »
    What exactly does Ross do better then TI?

So yall gonna act like u didnt see this. Figures
  • GeE-757
    edited March 2012

who said ross was betta? but da thang is tip sold out when he got on a trak wit feminem instead of dissin him like rick ross & when da crackaz pet muuuunkee woodface was talkin ? ti aint do ? while ross stomp;d on da muuuunkeez head & just fa that alone i have mo respect fa rozay.,.,.imean i dont think tip couldve went 2 war wit woodface & come out da victor like ross & have woodfacez cracka slavemassah JIMMY IOVINE & his cross dressin baawse ? AZZ DRE congratulatin him after defeatin da muuuunkee like they did wit ROZAY plus ti would neva go against da grain & diss MARSHALL lol
  • Stew
    GeE-757 wrote: »

who said ross was betta? but da thang is tip sold out when he got on a trak wit feminem instead of dissin him like rick ross & when da crackaz pet muuuunkee woodface was talkin ? ti aint do ? while ross stomp;d on da muuuunkeez head & just fa that alone i have mo respect fa rozay.,.,.imean i dont think tip couldve went 2 war wit woodface & come out da victor like ross & have woodfacez cracka slavemassah JIMMY IOVINE & his cross dressin baawse ? AZZ DRE congratulatin him after defeatin da muuuunkee like they did wit ROZAY plus ti would neva go against da grain & diss MARSHALL lol

Who gives a ? if he sold out. FOH with that ? . Go back in your cave ?
  • GeE-757
    Who gives a ? if he sold out. FOH with that ? . Go back in your cave ?

cracka ? u just like tip cuz hez suckin ya cracka gaawdz ? u gtfoh.,.
  • H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

Music wise Id say since "King" Ross has made better albums and he's done it without having POP artists like Emenim, Auguleria, & Timberlake on his last three albums to get those crossover sales.

Ross is better at incorporating Soul elements in his music with artists like Erykah Badu, Raphael Saaadiq, & John Legend even if it means the POP audience wont relate to those names.

T.I. seems more comfortable performing with Taylor Swift and signing artists like Iggy Azzelia.

Ross is a better C.E.O who manages to stay out of prison so his artists dont languish like Young Dro, and Ross is more cautious with his circle so that government informants like Alfamega cant infiltrate his label.

When T.I. had Meek Mill he didnt know what to do with him, when Ross got Meek Mill he helped him get to the next level.

• riddlerap
    riddlerap Members Posts: 17,132 ✭✭✭✭✭
    im 99% sure last year and the year before when MTV's hottest rappers in the game list dropped, people who now cite it as a reason Ross is nice, were saying it was a wack list and MTV doesnt know what theyre talking about. congratulations, hypocrites.
  • MAKAVELI25
    MAKAVELI25 Members Posts: 5,595 ✭✭✭✭
    There's not an aspect of rap that T.I. isn't better at than Ross. He's better at every category of rapping (lyrics, flow, delivery) and he is also a better artist. Collaborating with artists from other genres doesn't make you a sell-out, ? gonna act like that "Dead and Gone" track wasn't nice?
  • StillDreaming
    StillDreaming Members Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭
    riddlerap wrote: »
    im 99% sure last year and the year before when MTV's hottest rappers in the game list dropped, people who now cite it as a reason Ross is nice, were saying it was a wack list and MTV doesnt know what theyre talking about. congratulations, hypocrites.

Would y'all please stop reaching for that excuse. Ain't nobody in here celebrating that MTV list.

Let me guess

You already prepared your rebuttals for that excuse and now u ready to argue about it....

Ross is hot and your mad because you can't understand why/how that's possible.

Ross understands the codes these hackers can't ? .....
  • Stew

Music wise Id say since "King" Ross has made better albums and he's done it without having POP artists like Emenim, Auguleria, & Timberlake on his last three albums to get those crossover sales.

Ross is better at incorporating Soul elements in his music with artists like Erykah Badu, Raphael Saaadiq, & John Legend even if it means the POP audience wont relate to those names.

T.I. seems more comfortable performing with Taylor Swift and signing artists like Iggy Azzelia.

Ross is a better C.E.O who manages to stay out of prison so his artists dont languish like Young Dro, and Ross is more cautious with his circle so that government informants like Alfamega cant infiltrate his label.

When T.I. had Meek Mill he didnt know what to do with him, when Ross got Meek Mill he helped him get to the next level.

Typical of you to start talkin about ? thats irrelevant. Way to go Rap

lol @ incorporating Soul elements FOH ? . Anytime u wanna talk about aspects of the art of rapping, just let me know.
  • Rahlow
    Rahlow Members Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hes going to tell you that "Teflon Don" was released on July 20 2010 and was certified GOLD on November 10 2010 and that because it took about 3 months to go Gold (112 days) it "struggled" even tho 99% of rappers dont even go GOLD to begin with.

But he wont tell you that "The Recession" was released on September 02 2008 and was certified GOLD on December 10th 2008 and that it took about 3 months to go GOLD (99 days) and "struggle" it did not.....

Thats based on RIAA certifications.

But sales is only one part of the game, some artists have the ability to help the artists around them become more successful so you have to give T.I. credit for making B.O.B a Pop-rap star and Ross for ressurecting Wale's career.

i bet...imean sum1 was just n herr talkin about jeezy goes gold faster then ross which is clearly FALSE smh.....& i dont even c sum1 like freddie fibbz sellin ova 100k mmg & gh has had mo success releasin other solo actz then jeezy has like wit ross & wale & ti & bob but my problem wit ti is hez gettin 2 europeeon fa me imean hez really sellin out wit these pop & white actz but hey if thatz wat he gotta do it is wat it is but he nor jeezy can neva diss rozay cuz ross aint neva sell out & white wash his label & do trakz wit racist crackaz i hope ross dont eva change cuz thatz gonna b a sad day n hiphop if mmg getz WHITE WASH;D i couldnt believe when i was watchin tipz sho on vh-1 his son was sayin he lovez white gurlz & hez WHITE lol smh,.,.
    Whats pro-black/anti-sellout about this right here? Seems like he was willing to be "? 's whoopin boy" for crumbs.

rickross1.jpg

• riddlerap
    riddlerap Members Posts: 17,132 ✭✭✭✭✭

Would y'all please stop reaching for that excuse. Ain't nobody in here celebrating that MTV list.

Let me guess

You already prepared your rebuttals for that excuse and now u ready to argue about it....

Ross is hot and your mad because you can't understand why/how that's possible.

Ross understands the codes these hackers can't ? .....

i read one Gee post in this thread and it mentioned that list.

i personally dont care who is hot, it has no effect on what my ears get to hear.
  • H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

Typical of you to start talkin about ? thats irrelevant. Way to go Rap

lol @ incorporating Soul elements FOH ? . Anytime u wanna talk about aspects of the art of rapping, just let me know.
    You asked me what he does better and I replied:

1.) Since "King" make better albums

2.) Incorporate more Soul elements than POP

3.) Stay out of prison

4,) Stay Sucka-free

5.) Take artists to the next level

If we are talking HIPHOP music then its only fair to point out the direction that different artists are going with their music...some want to make HipHop HipPOP and others want to maintain its essence.

• loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jeezy sold and he gets much play in ATL and I'm sure the whole southeast.Ross ain't on Jeezy's level, cuz he never did platinum.I was kind of surprised jeezy sold so good.Unless Ross sales more, Ross' buzz may not be as big as it seems
  • PILL_COSBY
    PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • GeE-757

ggggay-unit lovin cracka ? & post up quotez or ? cuz ross has been on that list @ # 5 fa da past 2 yrz & now hez #1 wit his mmg team on da list 2 so of course that ? is gonna b mention smh,.,.
    Whats pro-black/anti-sellout about this right here? Seems like he was willing to be "? 's whoopin boy" for crumbs.

rickross1.jpg

u gotta b a white boy still talkin about that co ? smh & rozay was a TEEN n that pik white boy that was not his career that ? was just a gig & now ross is all grown up runnin ? like a BAAAWSE shittin on u crackaz & stompin on muuuunkeez headz lol
    You asked me what he does better and I replied:

1.) Since "King" make better albums

2.) Incorporate more Soul elements than POP

3.) Stay out of prison

4,) Stay Sucka-free

5.) Take artists to the next level

If we are talking HIPHOP music then its only fair to point out the direction that different artists are going with their music...some want to make HipHop HipPOP and others want to maintain its essence.

itz pointless droppin factz 2 hlf cuz hez already gonna b bias just fa da fact that ti is kissin da crackaz azz smh
  • antarticp
    antarticp Members Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jamaica wrote: »
    How is waiting til December a good idea to drop meek millz album? He has a nice buzz going he should drop an album now.

Don't be impatient, "House Party" is still buzzing heavy and he's touring right now but his buzz will be even hotter after SelfMade 2 and Dreamchasers 2 and you already know he's going to have hot verses on French's debut and GFID along with some other collabs.

I dont like the idea of Meek dropping right now without a strong single. When Wale dropped "Ambition" he had "That Way" all over the radio and a crazy movement on Twitter and he rode that momentum into "Lotus Flower Bomb" and now on to "Sabotage"...but the twist is that Meek ain't got that R&B crossover element so with a street artist in this day&age you gotta have a hot single or an "I Do" like Jeezy if you want some record sales that don't look like Yo Gotti's :(

If you count on the streets to buy your albums and don't get the Sistas on deck or a crossover track you gonna flop 9 times outta 10.

if i were meek i'd hate that you would compare what im about to do with what wale is doing right now .... my standards would be set much hire ... no disrespect to my brother ... but like max b said these ? sell 200-300 im trying to sell milllions ... and meek got that potential .... you started that off right with what meek has in the can to increase his buzz to higher levels but failed when comparing to how Wale release ambition #failure ....... ;)
  • antarticp
    Its the truth. Keeping it real TI is just wack right now musically. Jeezy sold some albums but 103 is the worst album he's ever released.

And lol at ppl saying that sorry TI is getting more bury than Rich Forever......just go to datpiff and the downloads will tell the real story.

Rich Forever>>>>103 and No Mercy

How can u honestly say you out here in these streets but claim TI getting more burn than Ross is right now????

opinions are like ? cause everybody got one lol ... honestly i hear RICH FOREVER on the radio more than i hear it pumping out of cd decks and ipod players ... thats what you call an "fabricated" buzz ... ;) and a marketing and promotion blizts thats sort of failing ........
  • antarticp

Rick Ross got that Max B hype, big on internet forums, but just a coward women killer in real life that will never get that next level fan base

dont let these E-warriors trick you into thinking Ross is as big as his shirt size, ? never been plat

honestly this is one i cant cosign ... u never know what the future will bring ... Big died and Jayz Rose to the top ... When everyone thought fif couldnt blow ... he got shot and blew 10 mill .... u never know what the future holds .......... i def believe in the never say never thing .... even though i just said never LOL ;)
  • antarticp
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    Lol how is Jeezy not eating when he just went gold? One rapper buzz might be more than the other but it's not affecting how none of them are eating. Most Ross fans are also Jeezy fans.. Most Jeezy fans are also Ross fans. They all eating.

Everybody is at their table eating their food but the portions on the plate and the quality of the food is not the same.

Jeezy's previous album (Recession) sold 260,000 first week and his 2011 album (TM103) sold 233,000 first week; he has a strong and loyal fan base who support his projects release like they are an event.

T.I. previous album (Paper Trail) sold 568,000 first week and his last album in 2010 (No Mercy) sold 159,000 first week

Ricky Rozay last album (Deeper than Rap) sold 158,000 copies first week and his last album (Teflon Don) in 2010 sold 176,000 first week.

So if first-week sales are an indication of interest and buzz would it be safe to say that T.I. has taken a dip in popularity while Jeezy and Rozay have maintained their core fan base?

Would it be also safer to say that Rozay is the only one out of the three that has increased his music fan base in the last 3 years that they have all dropped albums?

T.I. has his reality show on VH1 which in my opinion puts him ahead of Ross & Jeezy in terms of popularity and visibility but music industry wise Rozay is making bigger moves than both T.I. & Jeezy. As far as the music quality you already know who got it.

ross is def taking away from whats available out there ... but its know dominance ... TI and Jeezy are def on thier way out ... no one in thier right mind cant deny that ... but its because they already hit thier PINNACLES ... ross has yet to hit his yet .... if things go right hes DESTINE to do even bigger #'s ... but thats his current plight ........... Jeezy and TIs current plight is too setup long term ? get to the wealth they already got the riches ... especially in a dieing game where the "suppose" top dog in the game last sold 500k+ in a major label situation ........... if u call this making it hard for others to eat ............. i wonder what Fif was doing in early 2000s .... ;)

• antarticp
    edited March 2012
    @ the end of the day tell ross to go find his own identity and maybe he would of been went plat ... the only reason why this is even questionable is because ross is riding TIs and Jeezy lane ...

cause @ the end of the day guys like Weezy and Drake and Nicki are selling 4x as many records as ross because altho we might not like them but they carved thier own lanes to ride in ... (altho drake did steal a few moves from kanye and nicki stole from kim who wasnt active @ the time) .......... but why is ross even a factor when you got artist like that doing 4x the amount ross is doing ... with way more radio play seeing that most of yall in her like to go by that .......... ;)

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Legend in Two Sports Posts: 8,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    u ? act like nerds .... fact is ross gets more play than tip and jeezy .......
  • antarticp
    BoYBe$T wrote: »

maybe in your whip ... i dont own a rick ross retail cd nor mixtape ... but tm103 been riding in the deck since it dropped ;)
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    antarticp wrote: »
    BoYBe$T wrote: »

maybe in your whip ... i dont own a rick ross retail cd nor mixtape ... but tm103 been riding in the deck since it dropped ;)

Yo wussup with the smilies? You realize you're interacting with mostly males on this site right?