How Good Would the TWolves Have Been If Steph Stayed?

Kil889
Kil889 Members Posts: 158
edited February 2012 in From the Cheap Seats
Barbershop argument...as usual...but this cat was saying the Wolves are playing good because of the 1, 2 combo of Rubio and Love and if Steph would've stayed, KG would've got a ring WAAAAY before Boston. Which I TOTALLY disagree with...I mean we're talking about a time when Shaq was still on the Lakers. I think the Wolves would've mos def got out the first round but winning a chip with KG, Steph and Googs? Naw...what ya'll think?

Here's an old interview from '98, with Bob Costas interviewing Steph and KG...
http://www.willmakebeatsforfood.com/2011/07/classic-stephon-marbury-and-kevin.html

Comments

• Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    lol. no. they wouldn't have beaten the spurs or lakers. I guess its possible but unlikely they could have beaten the Detroit team, but they never would have made it that far b/c well, they couldn't beat the spurs or lakers or even kings. And Terrell Brandon was no slouch either.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    they shoulda paid him..... who knows how good they would been..... they were still young... now had they had extra talent like Spre with that line up then who knows
  • G Mack
    G Mack Members Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    so we gonna completely ignore his chemistry issues

if steph would have let his giant ego to the side, i could see the wolves going deeper in the playoffs but hell naw i couldnt see them winning a ship....darius basically wrapped it....
  • freshb651
    freshb651 Members Posts: 8,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    we would have built around KG and Marbury and been in contention with San Antonio and LA for years,

and for the record they were gonna pay Steph 94 million I believe but he didn't want it because KG made more and was

the centerpiece, it was Kobe and Shaq before Kobe and Shaq "the team got beef between the post and the point" !!
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ? the T Wolves. Real Hornet fans dont appreciate them wins they been getting. Wish the worse for them :)
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    so we gonna completely ignore his chemistry issues

if steph would have let his giant ego to the side[/b], i could see the wolves going deeper in the playoffs but hell naw i couldnt see them winning a ship....darius basically wrapped it....

no doubt, my brotha
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nobody in MN hates KG at all for leaving.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    if steph would have let his giant ego to the side, i could see the wolves going deeper in the playoffs but hell naw i couldnt see them winning a ship....darius basically wrapped it....

so Steph aint deserve a big deal then? Only KG deserved all the money?
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Even with Marbury and KG they wouldn't have been able to get out the 1st round. teams like the Lakers, Spurs, Kings, Mavs and Blazers were better.
  • da_enforcer
    da_enforcer Members Posts: 257 ✭✭
    They would have been better but they would have needed talent around them which the TWolves never did well