What is it going to take for 50 cent- gunit to make a comeback like eminem and Cash Money

Meela Dymme
Meela Dymme Members Posts: 168
edited March 2012 in The Reason
1. Em had a sour moment in his career. I think when he dropped curtain calls everyone was like meh and sick of him.....Then he dropped Relapse everyone was all on him again. Now he's doing pop records in stuff(ri ri,Modona,Nicki Minaj,wayne) just to sell records.

2. G-unit. Cashmoney was sucking after Juvenile left...Then Wayne found a autotune gimmick now look where he's at... You got 50 making G-note records that ain't getting no promo. Then these 2 rap chicks he signed aint getting no promo. Starting to think 50 really don't care since nowadays everyone is on pop like music these days.

on a side note I can't wait for that lil Kim album!

Comments

• In Your Moms Room
    In Your Moms Room Members Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eminem created his buzz by hopping on the forever remix with Drake, Kanye and Wayne. Then followed that up with two tracks with Wayne dropping Recovery and starting slaughterhouse. To bad for 50..he created too many enemies in the game and cant mimic that.
  • Meela Dymme
    Eminem created his buzz by hopping on the forever remix with Drake, Kanye and Wayne. Then followed that up with two tracks with Wayne dropping Recovery and starting slaughterhouse. To bad for 50..he created too many enemies in the game and cant mimic that.

I know. He has a bad rap...and I think he's like not really trying. I remember he said the audience has gone pop so his music is too much for the crowd. It's all about timing I guess
  • In Your Moms Room
    In Your Moms Room Members Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭✭✭

I know. He has a bad rap...and I think he's like not really trying. I remember he said the audience has gone pop so his music is too much for the crowd. It's all about timing I guess

He set the bar too high with G.R.O.D.T, thats what fans want again. Too bad for him, he cant create that magic ever again.
    Him and Em doing an album, like Kanye and Jay, would bring him back, at least get him major buzz. But i dont think Em would do it.
  • Meela Dymme
    Naw he could go back to that flow it's just if he did people wouldnt be on it since todays hiphop is kinda pop like so it wouldnt set right with fans..but like I said he really isn't trying as you see he has all these movies coming out//headphones. He doesnt even give his artist shine
  • GeE-757
    GeE-757 Members Posts: 6,441
    fa woodface 2 have that grodt flow again he would have 2 get pop;d again & i know woodface dont wanna go back thru that again thatz y he has da nypd & da lapd on his pay roll...but da gggay-unit is no limit murder inc statis now ja rule said it best ITZ A WRAP lloyd pumper is GGGG-UFLOPPIN sumthang serious & has been DEMOTED 2 MIXTAPE RAPPER tony yoyo is on sum ? azz dre detox ? wit his 2nd album & woodface cant even out sell ROZAY now...BOY HAS DA MIGHTY FALLEN! da gggay-unit is da onnly group n hiphop history that has had 90% of da whole INDUSTRY & UNDERGROUND shittin on them rather it was thru diss trax, mixtapez, albumz, dvdz & ect woodface made da gggay-unit a GRAVEYARD wit his DIVA DRAMAQUEEN ATTITUDE!
  • alibaba
    alibaba Members Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭✭
    What is going to take?

Jesus.
  • H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Time to let em go people....

This thread is made almost weekly but rarely do you see people asking to see Ruff Ryders make a comeback and they were a much more solid movement than G-Unit.

DMX, EVE, Styles P, Jadakiss, Sheek, Cassidy, Drag-On, Swizz Beats & Dame Grease made better music, sold more records, had more hit records and a more organic NY movement than G-Unit.

Gorilla-Unit was Lloyd Banks & Tony Yayo for the most part Game and Young Buck were just add-ons that never really fit, Mobb Deep had lost their Mojo by that time and the other artists were just fodder...they never had their own sound or the streets like Double-R.

DMX>>>>>>50-Cent

Jadakiss>>>>Lloyd Banks

Styles P>>>>>Tony Yayo

Cassidy>>>>Hot Rod

Eve>>>>Olivia

The Lox/D-Block>>>>>>Mobb Deep

Jin>>>>Spider Loc

Swizz Beats>>>>Whoo Kid

Look at the Ruff Ryders discography, they was putting it down heavy between 1998-2003 but once 50 got on in 2003 NY pretty much crumbled with the last big year from Roc-A-Fella & Dipset and NY haven't been the same since.
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    he would have to either come out and say he's ? OR start a beef with somebody who matters (which probably still wont work at this point)....but yeah the ? thing would blow him right back up.....

but on a more serious note he ? up gettin rid of Buck.....if he could pull together another all-regional team like b4, it would definitely help.....
  • H-Rap 180
    Big brotha h rap has 172 troll points which is 30+ more than me

Amazing

Don't stop there click on the Troll button and see what posts they flagged....some psychopath just went down the line and flagged all my posts.

The Aministrater Todoo is compiling the data and making a formula to see who the posters are that have been abusing the reaction features and once he does we will expose the people who did that and they will be banned.

Back on topic, I don't think 50 and G-Unit can make a comeback and I don't think Master P and No Limit can make a comeback, it's a new era and the game needs new faces, new sounds, and new movements.
  • GeE-757
    H-Rap 180 wrote: »

This thread is made almost weekly but rarely do you see people asking to see Ruff Ryders make a comeback and they were a much more solid movement than G-Unit.

DMX, EVE, Styles P, Jadakiss, Sheek, Cassidy, Drag-On, Swizz Beats & Dame Grease made better music, sold more records, had more hit records and a more organic NY movement than G-Unit.

Gorilla-Unit was Lloyd Banks & Tony Yayo for the most part Game and Young Buck were just add-ons that never really fit, Mobb Deep had lost their Mojo by that time and the other artists were just fodder...they never had their own sound or the streets like Double-R.

DMX>>>>>>50-Cent

Jadakiss>>>>Lloyd Banks

Styles P>>>>>Tony Yayo

Cassidy>>>>Hot Rod

Eve>>>>Olivia

Jin>>>>Spider Loc

Swizz Beats>>>>Whoo Kid

Look at the Ruff Ryders discography, they was putting it down heavy between 1998-2003 but once 50 got on in 2003 NY pretty much crumbled with the last big year from Roc-A-Fella & Dipset and NY haven't been the same since.

lol@ Jin>>>Spider Loc
  • H-Rap 180
    GeE-757 wrote: »

DMX>>>>>>50-Cent

Jadakiss>>>>Lloyd Banks

Styles P>>>>>Tony Yayo

Cassidy>>>>Hot Rod

Eve>>>>Olivia

Jin>>>>Spider Loc

Swizz Beats>>>>Whoo Kid

lol@ Jin>>>Spider Loc

Jin was like the Jeremy Lin of his era, they did a horrible job of marketing him, and Serious Jones took a portion of his Soul.

Spider Loc was just muscle, a tax write-off so C-Bo and them 'Rips would go easy on them munkee's.

gloves off now after what happened to Buck.

• DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lmao I wont even read gee's posts with all those mis-spellings. I dont wanna ? my brain cells lol
  • GeE-757
    edited March 2012
    Jin was like the Jeremy Lin of his era, they did a horrible job of marketing him, and Serious Jones took a portion of his Soul.

Spider Loc was just muscle, a tax write-off so C-Bo and them 'Rips would go easy on them munkee's.

dead@ jeremy lin yeah jin could spit but i knew he wasnt gonna blow cuz 106npark he just couldnt shake that.,.,.& yeah rite about woodface just signin spider joke as muscle 2 try & hush katz up like C-BO, YUKMOUTH & GAYME...but that was stupid cuz woodface was basically signin spider fa SECURITY not TALENT thatz y da ggggay-unit is so WACK now just like woodface went 2 PHILLY 2 sign MIKE KNOX fa SECURITY not TALENT & thatz just stupid thatz y MMG is bigger then da muuunkeecracka-unit cuz when ross went 2 PHILLY 2 sign sum1 from philly he did it fa TALENT not SECURITY lol....& buckz biggest mistake n his life was signiin 2 da gggggay-unit cuz look@ him noW out herr strugglin & gettin shot @ all cuz da muuunkee who he thought had his back got him by da nutz & wont let him eat all cuz buck want;d 2 b his OWN MAN buck shouldve seen wat happen wit BANG EM SMURF back n 04 when he was n da hood wit da police & woodface & seen that woodface was a SHADY CHARACTER & now hez n bang em smurfz shoez!
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Them being a commercial success and selling a lot of records are over but as long as they make good music they go stay relevant
  • integra83
    integra83 Members Posts: 156
    He's burned too many bridges and created too many enemies in the industry to even attempt a comeback. Dre is out there showing up at Rick Ross's birthday and giving him gifts, but cant help fif get a release date?

Fifty's fanbase has matured and grown with the times since 2003, yet he refuses to by making the same super thug/shoot em up style raps.
  • siqnih da rapper
    siqnih da rapper Members Posts: 5,699 ✭✭
    Didn't Curtian Call sell like over a Million lol and that was only a greatest hits album so come on thread starter do ya re search
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Didn't Curtian Call sell like over a Million lol and that was only a greatest hits album so come on thread starter do ya re search

Shadyteam got this dude's password
  • GeE-757
    integra83 wrote: »
    He's burned too many bridges and created too many enemies in the industry to even attempt a comeback. Dre is out there showing up at Rick Ross's birthday and giving him gifts, but cant help fif get a release date?

Fifty's fanbase has matured and grown with the times since 2003, yet he refuses to by making the same super thug/shoot em up style raps.

that rite therr dealt a DEATHBLOW 2 woodface ? azz dre basically was sayin yeah woodface is a MUUUUNKEE lol
  • inthacut
    inthacut Members Posts: 955 ✭✭✭
    integra83 wrote: »

he' lost a lot of fans with all the stupid beefs and ? along the way, in the court of public opinion he's done. it would take divine intervention for him to get back to GRODT status. I

• H-Rap 180
    GeE-757 wrote: »

dead@ jeremy lin yeah jin could spit but i knew he wasnt gonna blow cuz 106npark he just couldnt shake that.,.,.& yeah rite about woodface just signin spider joke as muscle 2 try & hush katz up like C-BO, YUKMOUTH & GAYME...but that was stupid cuz woodface was basically signin spider fa SECURITY not TALENT thatz y da ggggay-unit is so WACK now just like woodface went 2 PHILLY 2 sign MIKE KNOX fa SECURITY not TALENT & thatz just stupid thatz y MMG is bigger then da muuunkeecracka-unit cuz when ross went 2 PHILLY 2 sign sum1 from philly he did it fa TALENT not SECURITY lol....& buckz biggest mistake n his life was signiin 2 da gggggay-unit cuz look@ him noW out herr strugglin & gettin shot @ all cuz da muuunkee who he thought had his back got him by da nutz & wont let him eat all cuz buck want;d 2 b his OWN MAN buck shouldve seen wat happen wit BANG EM SMURF back n 04 when he was n da hood wit da police & woodface & seen that woodface was a SHADY CHARACTER & now hez n bang em smurfz shoez!

I remember seeing how ? and raggedy Meek Mill was when Cosmic KeV did that interview and I was thinking Rozay was almost to big of an artist to jump on that remix but Meek deserved it....I had no idea that a year later Meek Mill would be on his way to a Millie and as hot as he is now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fzk3dcdoSRU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

• siqnih da rapper
    siqnih da rapper Members Posts: 5,699 ✭✭

Shadyteam got this dude's password

wtf lol no
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    he need's to come back with an album even more grimey than GRODT. every track ? .
  • GeE-757
    edited March 2012
    I remember seeing how ? and raggedy Meek Mill was when Cosmic KeV did that interview and I was thinking Rozay was almost to big of an artist to jump on that remix but Meek deserved it....I had no idea that a year later Meek Mill would be on his way to a Millie and as hot as he is now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fzk3dcdoSRU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

HELL YEAH...meek mill is doin da damn thang he was out herr n da 757 va 5 timez last yr & that was all do 2 ROZAY cuz im tellin u 2yrz ago nobody was talkin about no meek mill n da 757 va & now rozay got him his own ecko clothin line, shoe deal, on da hottest mc list & ect. & thatz all due 2 MMG now wtf has woodface done fa MIKE KNOX besidez buy that fool a MILLION DOLLAR studio n philly all fa NUTTIN just 2 burn/LOSE money smh lol
  • H-Rap 180
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxlS4zPJZ38&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Some rappers have a crab mentality and they don't want to see a brother shining, they take pleasure in destroying careers instead of building careers.

Some rappers don't want to see Meek Mill in the Bahamas riding dirt-bikes with 100,000 worth of jewelry on, they would rather see him stuck in a contract, bankrupt, fighting the IRS and getting his SUV shot up 11 times....

We have Min Farrakhan in our culture and we also have Clarence Thomas.
  • poindexter2
    poindexter2 Members Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    G-unit is finished