Drk Nowitzki is opting out!

Options
usmarin3
usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2010 in From the Cheap Seats
http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nba/news/story?id=5339661

Chris Broussard (smirks) doesn't think he will leave, to me dude is a more viable option than someone like a Joe Johnson. He would make a good number two for someone. Yall see him leaving Dallas?

Comments

• msuman
    msuman Confirm Email Posts: 450
    edited June 2010
    Options
    He not leaving Dallas...plus that dude is hella soft. Keep his old charmin ass in Dallas where they will not win ? .
  • john2009
    john2009 Confirm Email Posts: 2,081 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    he aint leaving......but dirk to miami and team up wit wade would be a good look if lebron/bosh goes to chicago......................
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I dont think hes gonna leave, But if he does, he would be a good fit in Chicago especially with a bigman that blocks shots like Noah to protect him.
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I can see Dirk in Chicago with Bron or Mia with Wade but thats it he wont go to a team like NY or NJ just for the money at this point in his career hes all about winning.
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    i don't see why he would even stay. I hope his German ass ends up playing for that Jew
  • john2009
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Lebron -CHICAGO
    -I just can't believe that he'll share the shine with D-Wade in Miami. When he changed his # from 23 to 6, this set it off.

Wade -MIAMI
    -Why would he leave such a city? As long as they sign another top flight player, there's no reason for him to leave.

Bosh -MIAMI
    -If he and Michael Beasley can co-exist, that's a lot of height & skill on the front line with Wade in the backcourt.

Joe Johnson -NEW YORK
    -...to be reunited with D'antoni

Stoudamire -NEW YORK
    -see Joe Johnson

? -CHICAGO
    -the sleeper (no one has mentioned this); He should fit in with Lebron BETTER than Antawn Jamison.

McGrady -RETIRE
    -Enough is enough & he won't be interested in going to Europe

Ray Allen -BOSTON
    -I think he'll be fine there as long as they get a few pieces to replace Rasheed/back Garnett & back up Rondo (Nate Robinson is as good as gone once they get a good back up).

Dirk
    -staying in dallas..cuban has been so good to him, and i think dirk just cares about money and chillin in dallas but NOT winning...
  • Mdizzle9000
    Mdizzle9000 Members, Writer Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    All star forward Dirk Nowitzki has sent in official notification to the Dallas Mavericks that he is opting out of the final year of his Dallas Mavericks that he is opting out of the final year of his current contract, according to sources close to the situation In addition to faxing the official opt-out letter, Nowitzki had to mail a signed copy Monday from Germany to ensure its arrival at the Mavericks' offices before Wednesday's opt-out deadline in his current deal.

The move has been expected since an ESPN.com report in mid- May that Nowitzki planned to become an unrestricted free agent for the first time in his career. But Mavericks officials have for the first time in his career. But Mavericks officials have remained confident that they will secure a verbal commitment from Nowitzki on a new four-year deal early in free agency.

So y'all think he stayin or goin to the suns with his buddy steve?
  • kentuckywildcat
    kentuckywildcat Members Posts: 9,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    ? 's are getting up through this year! Everybody a free agent! Get that money!!! but at the End of the day I think he will stay with Dallas
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    already been discussed
  • Mdizzle9000
    edited June 2010
    Options
    ? 's are getting up through this year! Everybody a free agent! Get that money!!! but at the End of the day I think he will stay with Dallas

idk...the idea of him and nash reuniting makes me think he's considering phx
  • tru_m.a.c
    tru_m.a.c Members Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I can't see Dirk standing up to Mark Cuban and walking away

I feel like they've had conversations in the past and Mark hit him with the Cam'ron "I got dirt on you doggy" statement
  • Mdizzle9000
    edited June 2010
    Options
    deadeye wrote: »
    Didn't even think of that.

That would an epic loss for Mark Cuban.

First he lets Steve Nash go and makes the Suns a contender in the process.

If Dirk goes to the Suns...that's ultimate ether.

yeah i figure phx lets amare go and uses that money on dirk and the mvp stealers can be together again
  • DarcSkies777
    DarcSkies777 Members Posts: 5,600 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Cuban may be a great owner but lets be honest. The Mavs aint winning ? .

Maybe Lebron should be thinking about recruiting Dirk to the Cavs? How tall is Dirk anyway? He can def be like a KG type "center" thats not really a center. Or keep that frizzy haired ? there and have Lebron as a SG and Dirk as a forward/center...

Why wouldnt it work (not a rhetorical question...Im pretty sure it wont LOL)

But Dirk not being in the Free Agent conversation is crazy. I think he's one of the best out there besides Lebron & Wade...I'd actually take him over Bosh YEAH I SAID IT. (wait how old is Dirk? Maybe not. THat was a didnt do no research before I made the thread post. You mad?).
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Because everyone knows that Pigeon head ? isn't going anywhere.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I think he opted out for financial reasons he will stay in Dallas.
  • Weazel
    Weazel Members Posts: 3,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Yeah
    Let's talk about Dirk..

..Kuyt
  • john2009
    edited June 2010
    Options
    its becasue he is NOT serious about leaving...i wish cuban will say.."Dirk please get da ? out of here..and sign with another team so that u can have a chance to win a ring".....he would do sum serious damage in da east...
  • Dick Shitman
    Dick Shitman Members Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    i think he's staying in dallas, but he'd make a great second option in miami, if bosh-lebron go elsewhere
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited June 2010
    Options
    1. Because even as he can score, he isnt that great anywhere outside of scoring and that makes him mediocre compared to some others.
    2. He's old compared to guys like JJ, Lebron, Wade, Amare etc..
    3. He's very unlikely to leave.
    4. Its mostly Eastern teams with cap, Dirk would be boo boo in the East. Perimeter oriented 4's suck in the east.
    5. If you could have Amare, David Lee, or ? who are all much younger and have more upside would you spend on Dirk?
  • DarcSkies777
    DarcSkies777 Members Posts: 5,600 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    OH OK 2 everybody. THat clears that up lol
  • Mdizzle9000
    edited June 2010
    Options
    where did my dirk thread go??
  • Dick Shitman
    Dick Shitman Members Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    where did my dirk thread go??

merged it with the other dirk thread.

speaking of which...
  • Eternal Bachelor
    Eternal Bachelor Members Posts: 656
    edited June 2010
    Options
    jamacia wrote: »
    I think he opted out for financial reasons he will stay in Dallas.

^^^this

he isnt going anywhere...he wants a new contract under this CBA...thats it thats all
  • Mdizzle9000
    edited June 2010
    Options
    when that phx ? happens yall can say mdizzle told ya so
  • louis rich
    louis rich Members Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    dude been n dallas mad long, money is no issue 2 him, if he leaves "like everybody else" dude wants a RANG.....with amair gone hmmmmmmmmm