iPad 3 announcement today...

2»

Comments

• RuffDraft
    RuffDraft Members, Writer Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
    Without siri, the logic of jumping from the 2 to 3 seems pointless. Better screen + slightly faster + dictate emails isnt worth an entire new purchase imo. Ipad 1 to 3 would be understandable

Yeah, that's why I'm copping. Although, I disagree that it's slightly faster, it's actually the same. The GPU however, has great performance, 4X better than the tegra and 2X as good as iPad 2. Rumoured double the RAM as well, to 1GB.

The backside camera and network is the bigger plus. 1080P recording as well. I just don't know how much I'd use the camera… seems a little strange to carry such a huge device to take a picture… although I guess in the house if you're at a celebration, then it fits in nicely. Otherwise, I'll use my DSLR.

I still wish they didn't raid people's money with add-ons though, another adapter just to put your pictures on via SD card.

iTunes FTW as usual.
    i would think siri can just be implemented through download in the future though.

Apple will save this for 2013, not think??? They've still not given it to iPhone 4 and won't. I don't believe. It'd disregard the need to jump to 4S in many ways…
    caddo man wrote: »
    matt- wrote: »
    i don't have siri on any device but from what people have told me, its a nice tool, but whatever you need the answer to, you can just google. meaning, its not really a deal breaking feature.

true siri just does those small things for you. Two clicks and it is done. I heard google trying to finally get off there ? and use all that voice recognition research they have and produce a suitable rival. I hope they cant it beyond siri. Instead of following suit.

I think this is why Apple are trying to come with their own mapping software. They need to really bring the same as Google to make for easier intergration with their apps.

Siri is very useful for handsfree organising, particularly calendar appointments, although I don't have a 4S as I'll wait for the new iPhone (as it's likely to be called, come October).
  • RuffDraft
    RuffDraft Members, Writer Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
    Short review:

Having used the iPad 3rd gen for the past two days, I think it is a great upgrade for anyone with an iPad one or someone who has not sprung for a tablet yet. The screen is incredible, similar to that of the iPhone 4 and how we all felt after having seen that after the 3GS. The weight is very similar to an iPad two, as is the size. Dictation works extremely well, as you can tell from my post, this is entirely written using dictation on the iPad three. However I do not see a purpose for the camera on the back, in low light it is still grainy and overall I would rather use my iPhone camera. The graphics upgrade, particularly with the new games that have been released, show a huge improvement. I really can't wait to see the new Infinity blade on it when it is released soon.

Overall, I am very pleased with this purchase and if you have any questions I will happily answer them for you.

Did anyone else get it?