WestCoast we did it!!! Kendrick Lamar signed to Aftermath!!!

Options
H-Rap 180
H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2012 in AllHipHop Daily News
http://www.thefader.com/2012/03/08/kendrick-lamar-and-black-hippy-sign-with-aftermath-and-interscope/

snoop-dancing-o.gif

I know Iovine is the synagogue of Satan but we got the machine now!

Top Dawg Entertainment’s founder and namesake, Anthony “Top Dawg” Tiffith says that TDE has “just closed” a joint venture deal with Interscope Records and Aftermath Entertainment, the Interscope imprint founded by Dr. Dre.

black-hippy.jpg

Kendrick Lamar’s forthcoming Good Kid In A Mad City will be released jointly by Top Dawg, Aftermath and Interscope. Future releases by Schoolboy Q, Ab-Soul and Jay Rock will be released jointly by Top Dawg and Interscope. More details on the deal, from Tiffith, are coming soon.

Read more: Kendrick Lamar and Black Hippy Sign With Aftermath and Interscope « The FADER

maxamillion-o.gif

Comments

• StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RIP their careeers
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is coo man I mean even tho you could see this coming from a mile away still a good look
  • In Your Moms Room
    In Your Moms Room Members Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options
    A Kendrcik Lamar and yelowolf track would be sick! They got two of the most unique flows in the game
  • Rahlow
    Rahlow Members Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Aftermath is what screwed my ex producer Focus over and in turn, screwed us over

nuff on that ?

I wish these dude the best though most of them wont be coming out.
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options
    no lie i half expected Kendrick to sign with YMCMB
  • yeah i rap so don't
    yeah i rap so don't Members Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I predicted this would happen over a year ago when they gained interest in Kendrick and they were pushing their other artists into Jimmy's face too. I am happy for them. Happy someone I actually know is on Interscope. Dope thing for them. I was going to post this thread, but my internet was down. Their CEO tweeted about it a couple minutes before this article came out.
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This will be the westcoast first real lyricist
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I Am Jay ? wrote: »
    This will be the westcoast first real lyricist

Log Off.
  • H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I predicted this would happen over a year ago when they gained interest in Kendrick and they were pushing their other artists into Jimmy's face too. I am happy for them. Happy someone I actually know is on Interscope. Dope thing for them. I was going to post this thread, but my internet was down. Their CEO tweeted about it a couple minutes before this article came out.

Yeah everybody knew Kendrick was the Golden boy and that they had their eyes on him but nobody expected Interscope to give TDE & Black Hippy as a whole a deal!.

Im really excited because we got the ammunition we just needed some decent weaponry and solid funding so we can go to war and bring this ? back to the West-coast.

Man its been a drought.. Snoop been on his buffoon ? , Dre been sleepwalking and the ? been meager over hear but we got the illest clique damn near and we got Kendrick who aint too many emcess ? with.

Man, this movement gonna bubble with the right push!

• yeah i rap so don't
    Options
    H-Rap 180 wrote: »

Yeah everybody knew Kendrick was the Golden boy and that they had their eyes on him but nobody expected Interscope to give TDE & Black Hippy as a whole a deal!.

Im really excited because we got the ammunition we just needed some decent weaponry and solid funding so we can go to war and bring this ? back to the West-coast.

Man its been a drought.. Snoop been on his buffoon ? , Dre been sleepwalking and the ? been meager over hear but we got the illest clique damn near and we got Kendrick who aint too many emcess ? with.

Man, this movement gonna bubble with the right push!

I knew they were working on getting TDE as a whole a deal. Dude Dawg is a cool guy. When I met him he was real straight forward and serious, but not over-whelming of a guy. When they didn't announce Kendirck's signing, I knew they were working on a deal for the rest of the rappers at TDE.

• southernmade
    southernmade Members Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He has to drop music in a reasonable amount of time though.....he can't wait anothr two years to drop an album....
  • Shalashaska
    Shalashaska Members Posts: 50
    Options
    Awesome news. I don't think Dre or Interscope will hold back their projects. TDE has a strong fanbase. Kendrick Lamar album coming out by year's end.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think kendrick would be a priority on aftermath, dont think Dre will shelve this dude. especially the buzz him and the crew have
  • it's me bi***es
    it's me bi***es Members Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭
    Options
    OLD NEWS! REAL INSIDERS IN "HIP-HOP" WITH REAL CONNECTIONS UNLIKE H-? KNEW ABOUT THIS ? 6 MONTHS AGO! THEY BEEN WORKING ON IT FOR ABOUT A YEAR NOW, INTERSCOPE DIDNT WANA DO ANY JOINT VENTURES THAT WAS THE REASON FOR THE HOLD UP BUT ONCE JIMMY OPENED HIS EYES AND REALIZE THAT TOP DOGG ENT AINT BUDGING WITHOUT A JOINT VENTURE HE WAS FORCE TO FOLD! SO BIG UPS TO TOP DOGG ENT FOR HOLDING THEY OWN...
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options
    OLD NEWS! REAL INSIDERS IN "HIP-HOP" WITH REAL CONNECTIONS UNLIKE H-? KNEW ABOUT THIS ? 6 MONTHS AGO! THEY BEEN WORKING ON IT FOR ABOUT A YEAR NOW, INTERSCOPE DIDNT WANA DO ANY JOINT VENTURES THAT WAS THE REASON FOR THE HOLD UP BUT ONCE JIMMY OPENED HIS EYES AND REALIZE THAT TOP DOGG ENT AINT BUDGING WITHOUT A JOINT VENTURE HE WAS FORCE TO FOLD! SO BIG UPS TO TOP DOGG ENT FOR HOLDING THEY OWN...

? ? ? ? ? IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH YOUR CAPS LOCK BUTTON??????????????
  • CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dre should just give the detox beats to kendrick and other upcoming westcoast rappers
  • Texasmaniac409
    Texasmaniac409 Members Posts: 356 ✭✭✭
    Options
    $? wrote: »
    RIP their careeers

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    this
  • 2Fresh2def
    2Fresh2def Members Posts: 935 ✭✭✭
    Options
    WOW!!!!!! totally didnt see this coming, interscope only has like every ? west coast artist out
  • 2Fresh2def
    2Fresh2def Members Posts: 935 ✭✭✭
    Options
    $? wrote: »
    RIP their careeers

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    this

yeah, they would have gone to ymcmb , the detox will come out before these ? album...... just ask yo boi....aka the west coast savior ...... bishop lamant
  • it's me bi***es
    it's me bi***es Members Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭
    Options
    LOL! NAH I TYPE HOW I SPEAK LOUD N CLEAR...
  • KingJamal
    KingJamal Members Posts: 20,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Aftermath???

LMAO
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He has to drop music in a reasonable amount of time though.....he can't wait anothr two years to drop an album....

No doubt, Jay Rock the only one with an album out. IMO Overly Dedicated should have been a studio album with a major release..
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    congrats to TDE. this will help out the guys that aren't as popular as Kendrick.
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options

TDE signed a joint venture with Aftermath and Interscope. Not Kendrick Jay Rock AB-Soul and Schoolboy Q. They are signed to TDE.
  • yeah i rap so don't
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Dude Dawg not happy with Fader and their article.

@dangerookipawaa
    TDE signed a joint venture with Aftermath and Interscope. Not Kendrick Jay Rock AB-Soul and Schoolboy Q. They are signed to TDE.

They go where I take them. I don't like how Fader titled the story. The story was about Top Dawg Entertainment.