WestCoast we did it!!! Kendrick Lamar signed to Aftermath!!!

Options

Comments

• southernmade
    southernmade Members Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dude Dawg not happy with Fader and their article.

@dangerookipawaa
    TDE signed a joint venture with Aftermath and Interscope. Not Kendrick Jay Rock AB-Soul and Schoolboy Q. They are signed to TDE.

They go where I take them. I don't like how Fader titled the story. The story was about Top Dawg Entertainment.

them ? trippin....yeah it might be the whole label but lets be real....most people only ? with Kendrick...absoul...and schoolboy q....
  • yeah i rap so don't
    yeah i rap so don't Members Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@dangerookipawaa
    TDE signed a joint venture with Aftermath and Interscope. Not Kendrick Jay Rock AB-Soul and Schoolboy Q. They are signed to TDE.

They go where I take them. I don't like how Fader titled the story. The story was about Top Dawg Entertainment.

them ? trippin....yeah it might be the whole label but lets be real....most people only ? with Kendrick...absoul...and schoolboy q....

How is he trippin'? As far as rappers they only got Kendrick, Jay Rock, Ab, Q, and Willie B. They have had mor ein the past, but people think the music business is different than what it is so they have had to let some go over the years. Fader wanted people to see names they recognized, but Top has his studio open 24/7. Since 2005 he has been doing that. There is always someone there unless they are all out doing ventures.His studio is at his home btw. Can you imagine paying the electricity bill for that every month? Believing in these dudes when no one did? I remember in 06 speaking with him and his son about it and they asked if I even heard of Jay Rock or K Dot. I remember listening to the first mixtape the camp ever put out in Ab's car before they ever did anything, before Ab was even in Top Dawg. I remember when he told me he was going to be apart of it...? they got Jay Rock a deal before they even put it out. They have had to beg for people to let them open. They been working with The Game and Lil Wayne FOR YEARS.Dude Dawg built a brand and I can see why he wants it to be known. You never see him in the videos or nothing like that..why? Because he wants the artists to be seen, but wants the brand to be known bro.
  • southernmade
    Options

@dangerookipawaa

How is he trippin'? As far as rappers they only got Kendrick, Jay Rock, Ab, Q, and Willie B. They have had mor ein the past, but people think the music business is different than what it is so they have had to let some go over the years. Fader wanted people to see names they recognized, but Top has his studio open 24/7. Since 2005 he has been doing that. There is always someone there unless they are all out doing ventures.His studio is at his home btw. Can you imagine paying the electricity bill for that every month? Believing in these dudes when no one did? I remember in 06 speaking with him and his son about it and they asked if I even heard of Jay Rock or K Dot. I remember listening to the first mixtape the camp ever put out in Ab's car before they ever did anything, before Ab was even in Top Dawg. I remember when he told me he was going to be apart of it...? they got Jay Rock a deal before they even put it out. They have had to beg for people to let them open. They been working with The Game and Lil Wayne FOR YEARS.Dude Dawg built a brand and I can see why he wants it to be known. You never see him in the videos or nothing like that..why? Because he wants the artists to be seen, but wants the brand to be known bro.

I understand your point...
  • NAWLEDGE_REIGNS
    NAWLEDGE_REIGNS Members Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Somewhere

Gage
    Rakim
    Bishop Lamont
    Joell Ortiz
    Stat Quo
    King Tee
    Hittman
    Last Emperor
    Raekwon
    RBX
    Truth Hurts

......Is Smiling
  • poindexter2
    poindexter2 Members Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bad move. he's ruined his career. another dope emcee gone down the drain. i swear i think aftermath is a filter for record execs to put dope artist who dont conform to the ?
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Good deal. Hopefully we get somethin soon. Maybe even speed up the Detox process
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Somewhere

Gage
    Rakim
    Bishop Lamont
    Joell Ortiz
    Stat Quo
    King Tee
    Hittman
    Last Emperor
    Raekwon
    RBX
    Truth Hurts

......Is Smiling

What's ur point B?
  • southernmade
    Options
    Dizzel3000 wrote: »
    Somewhere

Gage
    Rakim
    Bishop Lamont
    Joell Ortiz
    Stat Quo
    King Tee
    Hittman
    Last Emperor
    Raekwon
    RBX
    Truth Hurts

......Is Smiling

What's ur point B?

all those artist were signed to Aftermath....and none of they're albums came out on Aftermath.....Add Marsha Ambrosius to that list too....even though she's clearly not trippin about it...

• JDSTAYWITIT
    Options
    Somewhere

Gage
    Rakim
    Bishop Lamont
    Joell Ortiz
    Stat Quo
    King Tee
    Hittman
    Last Emperor
    Raekwon
    RBX
    Truth Hurts

......Is Smiling

What's ur point B?

all those artist were signed to Aftermath....and none of they're albums came out on Aftermath.....Add Marsha Ambrosius to that list too....even though she's clearly not trippin about it...

This is the record industry B.... I can give you a list like that for just about every major label moving .... So again I ask what's ur point?
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    Options
    Dont nobody bump west coast rappers out here

them ? wack as ?

Congrats I guess, it don't matter to nobody outside your trash region

What's all this west coast hostility about? Where you from anyway?

• StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

them ? wack as ?

he's the local tupac hater, leave him alone
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    Options
    $? wrote: »

them ? wack as ?

he's the local tupac hater, leave him alone

Oh ok ....
  • deathrowzorrow
    deathrowzorrow Members Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • 704Hustla
    704Hustla Members Posts: 838 ✭✭✭
    Options
    that's cool..i thought jay rock was signed to tech nine's label??..and they didn't pick up nipsey out there
  • southernmade
    Options
    Somewhere

Gage
    Rakim
    Bishop Lamont
    Joell Ortiz
    Stat Quo
    King Tee
    Hittman
    Last Emperor
    Raekwon
    RBX
    Truth Hurts

......Is Smiling

What's ur point B?

This is the record industry B.... I can give you a list like that for just about every major label moving .... So again I ask what's ur point?

my point is I was just explaining to you why oh boy made the list...yes other labels have just as many artist who dont release ? ...but those were artist Dre personally cosigned and none of them released an album.....Busta was on Aftermath three years and only released one album...We as fans just dont want to see the same ? happen to Kendrick Lamar....thats my point B...
  • yeah i rap so don't
    yeah i rap so don't Members Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    704Hustla wrote: »
    that's cool..i thought jay rock was signed to tech nine's label??..and they didn't pick up nipsey out there

Nipsey got his own ? bro...come on man.
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    Options
    Somewhere

Gage
    Rakim
    Bishop Lamont
    Joell Ortiz
    Stat Quo
    King Tee
    Hittman
    Last Emperor
    Raekwon
    RBX
    Truth Hurts

......Is Smiling

What's ur point B?

my point is I was just explaining to you why oh boy made the list...yes other labels have just as many artist who dont release ? ...but those were artist Dre personally cosigned and none of them released an album.....Busta was on Aftermath three years and only released one album...We as fans just dont want to see the same ? happen to Kendrick Lamar....thats my point B...

You ? ? me up with this ? ... So because dre "personally cosigns" artist X they suppose to blow or better yet their immune to the trials and tribulations that every other artist on every other major label goes thru? .... If he goes to Atlantic/Def Jam/Universal etc etc he runs the same risk of being shelved dropped flopping etc etc ..... That is the record industry Bruh ...not fairytale land or whatever some of u cats might think it is ...cats fail they succeed no matter what label they with it is the inherent nature of the game ... I also recal dre having artist like game 50 em become global icons ... But hey what do I know .... My point was to say that ? list was irrelevant and on some lowkey hater ? it ain't that hard to grasp Lil man smarten up B.
  • southernmade
    Options
    Somewhere

Gage
    Rakim
    Bishop Lamont
    Joell Ortiz
    Stat Quo
    King Tee
    Hittman
    Last Emperor
    Raekwon
    RBX
    Truth Hurts

......Is Smiling

What's ur point B?

You ? ? me up with this ? ... So because dre "personally cosigns" artist X they suppose to blow or better yet their immune to the trials and tribulations that every other artist on every other major label goes thru? .... If he goes to Atlantic/Def Jam/Universal etc etc he runs the same risk of being shelved dropped flopping etc etc ..... That is the record industry Bruh ...not fairytale land or whatever some of u cats might think it is ...cats fail they succeed no matter what label they with it is the inherent nature of the game ... I also recal dre having artist like game 50 em become global icons ... But hey what do I know .... My point was to say that ? list was irrelevant and on some lowkey hater ? it ain't that hard to grasp Lil man smarten up B.

lmao right on bro...its not that serious. I know ? fail to release albums at every label...I was just explaining to you why homeboy put the list up...never said anything about a ? "blowing up"....I just said release an album period, I believe theres a difference.....50 and Em happend 10 years ago....yes they're global icons....but it's a what have you done for me lately business...all those artist signed either before or after Em and 50 and none of them saw the light of day....? happens I get it...as a fan I'm just sayin Kendrick is too talented to sit on the shelf for two to three years...is that too hard to grasp? lol @ Lil man....
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    Options

them ? wack as ?

No hostility brotha just statin facts

Dont nobody bump the west out here and Im from chi

You've been anointed as A run of the mill hater ... I suppose that would render your opinion invalid.... S/O out to the chi tho ... I thought ? out there kept it player and stayed off that hatin ? ...
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

them ? wack as ?

No hostility brotha just statin facts

Dont nobody bump the west out here and Im from chi

i swear to ? it said nebraska instead of chi ten minutes ago
  • gman82
    gman82 Members Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The west coast is back!!!! The combination of Dre and K Dot will produce classic music.
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    Options
    Somewhere

Gage
    Rakim
    Bishop Lamont
    Joell Ortiz
    Stat Quo
    King Tee
    Hittman
    Last Emperor
    Raekwon
    RBX
    Truth Hurts

......Is Smiling

What's ur point B?

lmao right on bro...its not that serious. I know ? fail to release albums at every label...I was just explaining to you why homeboy put the list up...never said anything about a ? "blowing up"....I just said release an album period, I believe theres a difference.....50 and Em happend 10 years ago....yes they're global icons....but it's a what have you done for me lately business...all those artist signed either before or after Em and 50 and none of them saw the light of day....? happens I get it...as a fan I'm just sayin Kendrick is too talented to sit on the shelf for two to three years...is that too hard to grasp? lol @ Lil man....

1. Support your artist you ? with, it's pointless to concern yourself with things you have minimal knowledge of or simply not under your
    control (and that's no diss)

2. I didn't need an explanation of dudes list I knew what those names where .... My point was to give dude a chance to explain his clear attempt at lowkey/undercover hatin .....aka ? mackin....

• southernmade
    Options
    Somewhere

Gage
    Rakim
    Bishop Lamont
    Joell Ortiz
    Stat Quo
    King Tee
    Hittman
    Last Emperor
    Raekwon
    RBX
    Truth Hurts

......Is Smiling

What's ur point B?

1. Support your artist you ? with, it's pointless to concern yourself with things you have minimal knowledge of or simply not under your
    control (and that's no diss)

2. I didn't need an explanation of dudes list I knew what those names where .... My point was to give dude a chance to explain his clear attempt at lowkey/undercover hatin .....aka ? mackin....

Right on bro...
  • FyHunnit
    FyHunnit Members, Writer Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options
    EPIC MOVE.

The West Coast is on a Come Up, and Hip Hop needs this right now.
    I hope Game statys with Aftermath after this signing.

How ill will it be when K.Dot and Shady and Buddens link up!

Great news, IMO. Haters is gonna hate, but you gotta respect the roster they got over there.

• DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    imILL wrote: »
    EPIC MOVE.

The West Coast is on a Come Up, and Hip Hop needs this right now.
    I hope Game statys with Aftermath after this signing.

How ill will it be when K.Dot and Shady and Buddens link up!

Great news, IMO. Haters is gonna hate, but you gotta respect the roster they got over there.

the ? you talkin about? why does game need to stay on aftermath now? and i doubt em would wanna get his ass handed to him twice on the same song, by both budden and lamar