WestCoast we did it!!! Kendrick Lamar signed to Aftermath!!!

Options
12346»

Comments

• Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ya'll need to stop frontin like its hate to point out Aftermath's track record

Where the ? is Bishop Lamont's album?
  • GeE-757
    GeE-757 Members Posts: 6,441
    Options
    Swiffness! wrote: »

i agree...cuz da only person sellin on EUROMATH is da WHITE BOY & ? dre said all he needz is SLIM ? on i need a doctor & alize has shown fa sum yrz now that he dont give a flyin ? about da WEST & gayme dont count cuz he wouldnt have blown if woodface wasnt writin his HOOKZ...HOPEFULLY as i keep on repeatin ? azz dre can prove me wrong & start showin he got love fa da west & wantz 2 help westcoast artistz like lamar & find time 2 get da crackaz ? outta his mouf smh,..,
  • H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GeE-757 wrote: »
    Swiffness! wrote: »

i agree...cuz da only person sellin on EUROMATH is da WHITE BOY & ? dre said all he needz is SLIM ? on i need a doctor & alize has shown fa sum yrz now that he dont give a flyin ? about da WEST & gayme dont count cuz he wouldnt have blown if woodface wasnt writin his HOOKZ...HOPEFULLY as i keep on repeatin ? azz dre can prove me wrong & start showin he got love fa da west & wantz 2 help westcoast artistz like lamar & find time 2 get da crackaz ? outta his mouf smh,..,

Damn, Gee called em Euromath.....that just takes your smile away.

I'm not going to ? bash Dr Dre, scientist say some people are just born that way.

Dre got a chance to redeem himself but y'all don't wan to see us win :(

• GeE-757
    GeE-757 Members Posts: 6,441
    Options
    H-Rap 180 wrote: »
    Damn, Gee called em Euromath.....that just takes your smile away.

I'm not going to ? bash Dr Dre, scientist say some people are just born that way.

Dre got a chance to redeem himself but y'all don't wan to see us win :(

lol..nah i wanna c da west win but i have no faith n alize especially after he said all he needz is da cracka EUROMATH is a white label now ? dre has chose da white boy ova da west fa a long time now thatz y katz like AP-9, C-BO & LIL C STYLEZ all went da ? off on dr ? i feel like da west needz 2 move on wit a nu west movement wit out ? AZZ DRE cuz dre is OLD & WASH;D UP...
  • CirocObama
    CirocObama Members Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CirocObama wrote: »
    Jay Rock is already signed to Strange Music. The other artists on TDE didn't sign solo deals to Interscope. I guess you can compare it to the old Ruff Ryders situation were DMX was on Def Jam as a solo artist but Ruff Ryders dropped their compilations on Interscope and he still was able to work everything out.

Not trying to be one of those ? but i think it's hilarious and even more obvious how much ? just go off hype. I've been ? with TDE since 2006/2007 back when a ? had to download their music from Datpiff and rip joints from their Myspace pages and ? lol. I remember me being on here trying to push them (meaning Jay Rock and Kendrick, when he went by K.Dot) especially back at the time and most ? wasn't ? with it. Now all of a sudden everybody and they mama a Kendrick fan. Yeah i get that to some his music might've gotten better but let's keep it 100 most of y'all just dickriding.
    You poor thing. :(

It must make you feel unhappy inside to see that Kendrick Lamar is finally getting the attention he deserves and you never got the credit YOU deserved for being his fan back in 2006 when he was K.Dot.

Most of us are just happy to see him in a situation were he can get the budget that he deserves and honestly could care less if fans are just now getting hip to him after the XXl Freshman cover, the Snoop co-sign, Section 80, and the Dre co-sign in addition to his music and videos....

Its sad when fans just cant be happy for an artist..

I wasn't even talking about you. I was talking about certain individuals in here which is why i brought it up. I never said anything about not being happy that ppl are feeling his ? i'm just saying ppl here are the same way the pop-tart fans are, they go strictly of hype and hear-say.

Not trying to rock your boat now or nothing but i was actually gonna say that you were one of the only ones who actually supported some of those threads back then i still remember it. I don't know if you remember or not but my thing is don't say ? like "Westcoast ain't ? . Westcoast went from NWA etc to Kreyashawn etc" and things like that but then refusing to give artists out there with real darts a shot but on the flip jump on the bandwagon when Dre gives them a co-sign. That's why Westcoast artists rely on Dre so much, not just cuz he's a talented producer and ? but also cuz ? outside only give you a shot when he gives a co-sign.

I know you weren't talking about me but we dont need people putting down our fans because this ish is too important, I dont care if they just got hip to Kendrick Im just glad they are hip and paying attention even if they jump off the bandwagon a year from now. Let congratulate them and make them feel like they are a part of the movement because Im tired of the Kreayshawn/LiL B/Odd Future label on the West.

Black Hippy is the only crew qualified to rep the entire West Coast because they got Blood, Crip, Spitter & Smoker and thats the West Coast. I aint trippin with you family I just want to keep it positive.

I am happy as hell for them. I saw that clown with the funny avatar with the corny name allude to me. I am not making anything personal. I am happy they new fans and I hope they get even more fans. I hope this is a success. LOL @ Ciroc I remember creating an Ab-Soul thread and being told it was wack as ? and the West Coast sucks and I doubt they even listened to the video.Recognition is something that is to strive for and it was not overnight for this camp at all.

Yo dogs i already know the bidness with you. I remember me asking you a buncha things about them when i asked you. I used to go by a different name back then but i remember you always explaining how you knew Dude Dawg and a few stories about Jay Rock for example and ? like that so i know you been rocking with them for a while too.

• 2Fresh2def
    2Fresh2def Members Posts: 935 ✭✭✭
    Options
    RuffDraft wrote: »
    So the knowledgeable heads thinking 'Kendrick sold out… he just ruined his career…' and the mainstream fans are thinking 'Great move Son! Can't wait for you to collaborate with X signed rapper'.

Kendrick had some of the best producers working alongside him, think he'll bring them along for the ride? I doubt it.

Kendrick Lamar was part of a movement for Independent hip hop, he released three great EPs (Kendrick Lamar EP, OD and Section 80), in less than 3 years. He'd have profited hugely on that and TDE could have been the Westcoast Rhymesayers had they decided to go that route and sign a bunch of local talented rappers that could have REALLY collaborated with TDE members. Namely The Living Legends who I feel could have really collaborated with Kendrick on another level, I'd love to hear a Eligh with Kendrick Lamar track.

3 independent EPs in three years, think we'll receive that sort of music flow now that he's signed to Aftermath? I doubt it.

I'm part of the naysayers on this one, this is a bad move for Lamar. He could have broke into the charts as Aloe Blacc did with Stones Throw Records. He could have had a lengthy career similarly as to how Atmosphere have had over the past 10+ years.

He didn't need this…

He needs to stay 'hot' in the charts now or he's going to get shelved.

He needs to do 'this and that' according to Dr. Dre when he was already bringing better than they have ever brought in the past decade.

Worst news I've heard in a long while…

We can hope, as we always do, that he doesn't become a part of the Rakim pack.

Now this is one of K.Dot biggest fans on the site saying this. I agree with you whole heartedly. Aftermath/Interscope Now calls the shots. Regardless if its a joint venture or not. They have to sign off on the music thats getting released. Black Hippy may have a nice following on the west coast and with internet fans but how many units were they moving indie they wasn't doin Tech9ine, ICP numbers indie. They got a lot of critical acclaim but once Aftermath/Interscope get there mitts on them the steam of music we have been accustomed to is going to change as it always does. Expect certain artists joints to be shelved.

Props...

When people think of joint ventures with Aftermath, they think the Shady/D12 era or the 50 Cent/G Unit era… these are two of the biggest artists/brands in hip hop history and yet you never really heard from the other members bar a Lloyd Banks LP here and there… promotion was limited for the acts who weren't the front runners...

Kendrick Lamar, therefore, needs to become of Shady/50 Cent popularity for the other emcee's on Top Dawg to breakthrough. The likelihood of this is slim (excuse the pun) as Lamar brings that rawness that is lacking for a reason in the mainstream.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cg63t6SWM9c

P & P shows that Lamar can make a club track, but he isn't all about that… he's a constantly evoliving artist that is ready to blow but in his own way… I hope he's given creative freedom and a release date for his album and the biggest push possible on Interscope. Otherwise, this isn't a good look at all.

Given that they're popular on the Westcoast and the Internet, as an Independent group, their proceeds and profit would have been greater then, than they are now.

Looking at the artist…

Lamar is a hugely talented artist with great flows and insight into the daily lives of individuals on the street; he's the closest to street poetry since the 90s and he's also a breath of fresh air blowing through your speakers…

This is mainly due to TD giving him the opportunity to progress within a booth from a young age and the creative freedom to roam free with every iteration and re:birth that he's become known for… one EP after another…

Will this continue given the strains and puppetry of a major label? I doubt it.

wtf u talking bout, this is what u call a club track, stop it, this ? would never get play in the club, and i have yet to see this ? make a decent radio song cuz this ? aint it my ?
  • 2Fresh2def
    2Fresh2def Members Posts: 935 ✭✭✭
    Options
    So the knowledgeable heads thinking 'Kendrick sold out… he just ruined his career…' and the mainstream fans are thinking 'Great move Son! Can't wait for you to collaborate with X signed rapper'.

Kendrick had some of the best producers working alongside him, think he'll bring them along for the ride? I doubt it.

Kendrick Lamar was part of a movement for Independent hip hop, he released three great EPs (Kendrick Lamar EP, OD and Section 80), in less than 3 years. He'd have profited hugely on that and TDE could have been the Westcoast Rhymesayers had they decided to go that route and sign a bunch of local talented rappers that could have REALLY collaborated with TDE members. Namely The Living Legends who I feel could have really collaborated with Kendrick on another level, I'd love to hear a Eligh with Kendrick Lamar track.

3 independent EPs in three years, think we'll receive that sort of music flow now that he's signed to Aftermath? I doubt it.

I'm part of the naysayers on this one, this is a bad move for Lamar. He could have broke into the charts as Aloe Blacc did with Stones Throw Records. He could have had a lengthy career similarly as to how Atmosphere have had over the past 10+ years.

He didn't need this…

He needs to stay 'hot' in the charts now or he's going to get shelved.

He needs to do 'this and that' according to Dr. Dre when he was already bringing better than they have ever brought in the past decade.

Worst news I've heard in a long while…

We can hope, as we always do, that he doesn't become a part of the Rakim pack.

exactly, dude cannot live up to the expectations of a label, i heard a few of his mixtape songs and im not convinced that he can satisfy a label with a single
  • yeah i rap so don't
    yeah i rap so don't Members Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dizzel3000 wrote: »
    Go take ur angry ass on somewhere .... Get urself a coke and a smile bruh lol..... It's a beautiful day out here in Cali ... U know u stay fumblin responding to me...

Not in California anymore...and no I don't.

Jay Rock is already signed to Strange Music. The other artists on TDE didn't sign solo deals to Interscope. I guess you can compare it to the old Ruff Ryders situation were DMX was on Def Jam as a solo artist but Ruff Ryders dropped their compilations on Interscope and he still was able to work everything out.

Not trying to be one of those ? but i think it's hilarious and even more obvious how much ? just go off hype. I've been ? with TDE since 2006/2007 back when a ? had to download their music from Datpiff and rip joints from their Myspace pages and ? lol. I remember me being on here trying to push them (meaning Jay Rock and Kendrick, when he went by K.Dot) especially back at the time and most ? wasn't ? with it. Now all of a sudden everybody and they mama a Kendrick fan. Yeah i get that to some his music might've gotten better but let's keep it 100 most of y'all just dickriding.
    You poor thing. :(

It must make you feel unhappy inside to see that Kendrick Lamar is finally getting the attention he deserves and you never got the credit YOU deserved for being his fan back in 2006 when he was K.Dot.

Most of us are just happy to see him in a situation were he can get the budget that he deserves and honestly could care less if fans are just now getting hip to him after the XXl Freshman cover, the Snoop co-sign, Section 80, and the Dre co-sign in addition to his music and videos....

Its sad when fans just cant be happy for an artist..

I wasn't even talking about you. I was talking about certain individuals in here which is why i brought it up. I never said anything about not being happy that ppl are feeling his ? i'm just saying ppl here are the same way the pop-tart fans are, they go strictly of hype and hear-say.

Not trying to rock your boat now or nothing but i was actually gonna say that you were one of the only ones who actually supported some of those threads back then i still remember it. I don't know if you remember or not but my thing is don't say ? like "Westcoast ain't ? . Westcoast went from NWA etc to Kreyashawn etc" and things like that but then refusing to give artists out there with real darts a shot but on the flip jump on the bandwagon when Dre gives them a co-sign. That's why Westcoast artists rely on Dre so much, not just cuz he's a talented producer and ? but also cuz ? outside only give you a shot when he gives a co-sign.

I know you weren't talking about me but we dont need people putting down our fans because this ish is too important, I dont care if they just got hip to Kendrick Im just glad they are hip and paying attention even if they jump off the bandwagon a year from now. Let congratulate them and make them feel like they are a part of the movement because Im tired of the Kreayshawn/LiL B/Odd Future label on the West.

Black Hippy is the only crew qualified to rep the entire West Coast because they got Blood, Crip, Spitter & Smoker and thats the West Coast. I aint trippin with you family I just want to keep it positive.

I am happy as hell for them. I saw that clown with the funny avatar with the corny name allude to me. I am not making anything personal. I am happy they new fans and I hope they get even more fans. I hope this is a success. LOL @ Ciroc I remember creating an Ab-Soul thread and being told it was wack as ? and the West Coast sucks and I doubt they even listened to the video.Recognition is something that is to strive for and it was not overnight for this camp at all.

Yo dogs i already know the bidness with you. I remember me asking you a buncha things about them when i asked you. I used to go by a different name back then but i remember you always explaining how you knew Dude Dawg and a few stories about Jay Rock for example and ? like that so i know you been rocking with them for a while too.

Yea, I remember Dude Dawg driving around with his Jet skis to his truck. It was the illest ? to me, because I wanted jet skis so bad. His son seen me beat people up and we would walk to the mall together after school. I remember listening to The Marshall Mathers LP in his house and watching American History X. I remember all of that ? . The studio was there and we always heard rumors of Dude messing with established artists, but we never actually saw that. I remember there was a song popping in LA and it came on and Moosa told me "My dad recorded that song" it bugged me out. I remember in middle school being at the donut shop with Moosa the time Chronic 2001 hit and everybody in the parking lot was playing that ? . It is wild to think they got that deal to me still. That image is still imprinted in my head.
  • connoiseur1
    connoiseur1 Members Posts: 8
    Options
    Check out and Download the new hit single "So Blazed" by new rap artist J.Pump on Google Play here https://play.google.com/store/search?q=j.pump&c=music
  • BarreGoff
    BarreGoff Members Posts: 326 ✭✭
    Options
    sounds interesting