Transformer Prime is still the top Tablet out I see

2»

Comments

• MrSoutCity
    MrSoutCity Members Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    caddo man wrote: »
    I still aint touching neither one of them until the Transformer or any other Android pad comes with more RAM and double OS (outside of downloading blue*****. Might as well keep my laptop.

But I have been thinking about getting one more but just for travel with the kids. I bought my wife a acer a100 that I want to ship back and just get her the Kindle Fire or the Nook.

The kindle is pretty neat. Just got my girl one. Only problem is the lack of volume button.
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MrSoutCity wrote: »
    I still aint touching neither one of them until the Transformer or any other Android pad comes with more RAM and double OS (outside of downloading blue*****. Might as well keep my laptop.

But I have been thinking about getting one more but just for travel with the kids. I bought my wife a acer a100 that I want to ship back and just get her the Kindle Fire or the Nook.

The kindle is pretty neat. Just got my girl one. Only problem is the lack of volume button.

You probably already know this but hit up CNET.com How-to section for easy to learn extras on little things about the Kindle. My mother in law stay on there trying to find little hidden advantages to having a Amazon prime account.
  • Meela Dymme
    Meela Dymme Members Posts: 168
    2Pac wrote: »

The prime is actually pretty good though. The apps you find on Android Market pretty much let you customize the tablet the way you want it. I even use my Xbox controller to play some games on it. check it out

Yep I use my PS3 controller and stream PS3 games to the tablet. now that's nice!
  • caddo man
    IconiaTab_A510_SO_620x517.jpg

Acer Iconia A510 it has a Tegra 3 quad core processor and ICS 4.0
    The A510 has an internal 9,800mAh battery that promises up to 12 hours of video playback
    $449 for the 32gb
  • MrSoutCity
    IconiaTab_A510_SO_620x517.jpg

Acer Iconia A510 it has a Tegra 3 quad core processor and ICS 4.0
    The A510 has an internal 9,800mAh battery that promises up to 12 hours of video playback
    $449 for the 32gb

As much as I hate acer I would defiantly cop this.
  • MrSoutCity
    rage wrote: »
    Really? Post the specs where the Prime is better...I'll wait. Men lie, women lie...numbers don't.

Oh yea what about the new ipad over heating problem?
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MrSoutCity wrote: »
    rage wrote: »
    Really? Post the specs where the Prime is better...I'll wait. Men lie, women lie...numbers don't.

Oh yea what about the new ipad over heating problem?

What about them? It gets to 116 degrees (which just above the temp of warm water) after continuous 10+ hours of use....you know what that is...geek problems...not normal human being problems.
  • thegodsmustbecray
    thegodsmustbecray Members Posts: 24
    i have the transformer prime. Up until recently i didn't like it because Asus hadn't fixed some annoying bugs. but with the latest patch its working perfectly for me. the ipad 3 is still good though and does beat the prime in certain catagories (as does the prime) but i'm happy with my product.
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i have the transformer prime. Up until recently i didn't like it because Asus hadn't fixed some annoying bugs. but with the latest patch its working perfectly for me. the ipad 3 is still good though and does beat the prime in certain catagories (as does the prime) but i'm happy with my product.

Finally someone with some actual sense...
  • powerman 5000
    powerman 5000 Members Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a new prime that came out earlier this week. TF-300 i believe. It fixes a few issues.
  • caddo man
    There's a new prime that came out earlier this week. TF-300 i believe. It fixes a few issues.

cheaper too!
  • Meela Dymme
    Meela Dymme Members Posts: 168
    ^^ it's called the Transformer Pad. it's also a step down compared to the prime 201. ouch. The mighty prime is still in charge I see. http://blogs.computerworld.com/20062/asus_transformer_pad_tf300t