Paul Pierce opts out

Comments

• dc's teflondon
    dc's teflondon Members Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    eyes low wrote: »
    well that was dumb bc theres no way hes getting any where near that much

and the celtics would be smart to not offer a max deal too...that team is already old and you don't want to hamper yourself with a bad contract
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    lol @ him thinking he's gonna get a max deal. from any team.
  • tru_m.a.c
    tru_m.a.c Members Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    and the celtics would be smart to not offer a max deal too...that team is already old and you don't want to hamper yourself with a bad contract

yeah I wanna see how they handle this in the front office
  • sTaY_TrUe
    sTaY_TrUe Members Posts: 4,189 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    rap doctor wrote: »
    Either he's dumb as hell or The Celtics are gonna resign to a max and prove to be just as dumb

lmao. exactly
  • radaman
    radaman Members Posts: 11,912 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    I know it's only 1 year left but ? turning down 21 mil now??? Wheredeydodatat? He'll get a longer deal with less per year tho... A ? like me couldn't turn down that 21 tho, that's gotta be one of the highest salaries next year right? Isn't Kobe up to like 23?
  • Tommy Billfiger
    Tommy Billfiger Banned Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    radaman wrote: »
    I know it's only 1 year left but ? turning down 21 mil now??? Wheredeydodatat? He'll get a longer deal with less per year tho... A ? like me couldn't turn down that 21 tho, that's gotta be one of the highest salaries next year right? Isn't Kobe up to like 23?

Cuz the new CB deal I think cuts a year off long term contracts.It makes sense to opt out now

Pierce and dirk opted out for more dough they both 32 they only gonna get this last contract.I doubt ether will leave they squads

Especially dirk.Mark cuban I coulda swore was cryin when dirk won mvp or was on the verge of cryin
  • gucci7383
    gucci7383 Members Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    radaman wrote: »

its not about the 1 yr number. its about getting a 4 yr deal now from boston.. next yr he'll only be able to get a 3 yr deal...
  • radaman
    radaman Members Posts: 11,912 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Cuz the new CB deal I think cuts a year off long term contracts.It makes sense to opt out now

Pierce and dirk opted out for more dough they both 32 they only gonna get this last contract.I doubt ether will leave they squads

Especially dirk.Mark cuban I coulda swore was cryin when dirk won mvp or was on the verge of cryin
    gucci7383 wrote: »
    its not about the 1 yr number. its about getting a 4 yr deal now from boston.. next yr he'll only be able to get a 3 yr deal...

word word....
  • ghost!
    ghost! Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    tru_m.a.c wrote: »
    yeah I wanna see how they handle this in the front office

Easy, danny already said they are not paying him max money, and like dude said..it was smart for Pierce to do this cuz of the new CBA..and this just help'd the C's out even more...cuz they can now, if they were smart go get a max guy or close to one who is a lot younger...so thanks Paul!

PS:

and like another poster said, a team like the clippers could feel the pinch and sign Pierce to a big deal...he is from L.A. after alll...
  • Tommy Billfiger
    edited June 2010
    Well if boston aint givin pierce max dough clippers would be nice wit pierce at the 3.Thats the team who should go after pierce thats all they need is a sf offer him the max
  • Dick Shitman
    Dick Shitman Members Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Well if boston aint givin pierce max dough clippers would be nice wit pierce at the 3.Thats the team who should go after pierce thats all they need is a sf offer him the max

and he from LA, but the clippers owner still thinks they gettin lebron. donald sterling is delusional
  • ghost!
    edited June 2010

Yes wit would be a good move for the clips, but not a max dollars though....Pierce max years are over..but we all know the clips aint got no sense when it comes to bball moves...so according to K.G. "anything is impoooosssiiiibbbllllllle!!"

ayo..cuz i forgot..what position does Rudy ? play, aint he a small forward? Not like he would come here, but if he is...man Danny give him some dough..he wants his own team anyway to lead....
  • Tommy Billfiger
    edited June 2010
    Yup exactly he from L.A. cant get no better than that

If Im the clippers tonight Im callin pierce agent at 9:00 pm on the dot west coast time and offerin him a max contract.No ?

Give him a 5 year 96 mill deal.If he sucks at the end of it it will be a valuable expiring contract in 5 years regardless.Clippers would be a top 4 seed wit pierce
  • DatGuyJ22
    DatGuyJ22 Members Posts: 1,093
    edited June 2010
    ghost! wrote: »
    Easy, danny already said they are not paying him max money, and like dude said..it was smart for Pierce to do this cuz of the new CBA..and this just help'd the C's out even more...cuz they can now, if they were smart go get a max guy or close to one who is a lot younger...so thanks Paul!

PS:

and like another poster said, a team like the clippers could feel the pinch and sign Pierce to a big deal...he is from L.A. after alll...

He is from L.A. but I doubt he gonna go from a championship team like Boston to a team like the Clippers
  • ghost!
    edited June 2010
    Yup exactly he from L.A. cant get no better than that

If Im the clippers tonight Im callin pierce agent at 9:00 pm on the dot west coast time and offerin him a max contract.No ?

Give him a 5 year 96 mill deal.If he sucks at the end of it it will be a valuable expiring contract in 5 years regardless.Clippers would be a top 4 seed wit pierce

u would really?? Man i dont know....u know how PP play'd this year, minus the injuries he really wasn't doing much he had his moments in the reg. season...and came to play in a few series but PP is really that player now that you can't lean on to score like that, he needs options...the clips dont have any, well if B.Davis can get his game up, but i do think the clips should go after PP like u said..but max dollas..ahhh i don't know..
  • Dick Shitman
    Dick Shitman Members Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Yes wit would be a good move for the clips, but not a max dollars though....Pierce max years are over..but we all know the clips aint got no sense when it comes to bball moves...so according to K.G. "anything is impoooosssiiiibbbllllllle!!"

ayo..cuz i forgot..what position does Rudy ? play, aint he a small forward? Not like he would come here, but if he is...man Danny give him some dough..he wants his own team anyway to lead....

yea rudy ? plays SF

giving pierce max money sounds strange, but he'd sell tickets for them. la is his hometown, he sharing the building with kobe and a kaman-griffin-pierce-gordon-baron lineup is solid if they can stay healthy. of course this makes too much sense for the clippers to do. they'll probably end up signing matt barnes or something and calling it a day
  • Tommy Billfiger
    edited June 2010

Yea but neither is ? ,bosh,joe johnson,amare.None of them are max guys imo,especially ? and jj.Thats the part of FA thats gonna hurt some teams its some ? that are gonna get contracts they dont deserve them

Yea rudy a sf and he buggin if he wanna lead his own team LMAO
  • jayhi22
    jayhi22 Members Posts: 911 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    DatGuyJ22 wrote: »
    He is from L.A. but I doubt he gonna go from a championship team like Boston to a team like the Clippers

That and he could possibly go down as a top 3 Celtic of all time when his career is over. He's def got a legacy that still needs to be written
  • ghost!
    edited June 2010
    DatGuyJ22 wrote: »

well at this point, and this is how some of them be thinking, "i made my career, i got my ring, so i'm gonna get as much dough as possible now at this point"...i mean that's why he opt'd...and i know he knows boston's run is over with now.....but i have no clue...this is def. gonna be an interesting summer...i hope these players dont disappoint and go somewhere, where it doesnt make no damn sense...
  • ghost!
    edited June 2010
    Yea rudy a sf and he buggin if he wanna lead his own team LMAO

ha ha yeah that's what i kept hearing this season, either he wasn't happy cuz he wanted his own team, or the team want'd to get rid of him, i mean i dont think he should leave memphis at all, but if he out there...danny take pierce money, sheeds and ray allen and get this dude fo real!

i also heard the knicks are interested in Ray Allen....(not 2 get off the subject of PP)
  • dj expanium
    dj expanium Confirm Email Posts: 3,581 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Maybe hes looking for a pay cut so he can give the C's a little money to play with during FA
    I don't know if he's trying to be that generous, but you'd never know though. I think he should finish his career with the Celtics pridefully, and not try to get more than what he's really worth for the next 4 years.
  • Tommy Billfiger
    edited June 2010
    The power about to shift east after this offseason.

The eastern conference will be back plus they play Defense in the east even bad teams D up.Ny,Nj,miami,cavs(possibly),magic,bulls,C's all will be solid next year

Besides lakers,spurs and blazers west aint impressive at all.
  • jayhi22
    edited June 2010
    The power about to shift east after this offseason.

The eastern conference will be back plus they play Defense in the east even bad teams D up.Ny,Nj,miami,cavs(possibly),magic,bulls,C's all will be solid next year

Besides lakers,spurs and blazers west aint impressive at all.

Not all of them teams will be "solid". One of them is gonna be ? out of luck and sign a 2nd tier guy to max money like we've all been saying. Plus.. Even if they all do improve they dont match up with

Lakers,Dallas,Phoenix,Portland,San Antonio,OKC,Houston,Denver,Clippers,Warriors,Memphis,Kings, Utah>>>East (As a whole)

How is that not impressive?
  • Tommy Billfiger
    edited June 2010
    My bad I forgot Oklahoma that was bogus on my part.

Man I'm talkin about title teams. In the east pistons,heat,cavs,C's,magic,C's made the finals in the last 5 years

West lakers 3x straight before that it was spurs 4 out 5 years.Lakers will go back again next year

West overrated to me it's the lakers and everybody else they cakewalked to the finals this year.Thunder will be good blazers if they can stay healthy besides that nobody matters out west
  • jayhi22
    edited June 2010
    If Miami got Bosh to add with Wade.. I would agree that they are a title contender. Celtics, yeah depending on what happens with Ray Allen. Magic, of course. Hawks, NO. Bulls, NO unless they do get LBJ, which then gets Cleveland the ? outta title contention. However, if they got Amare.. then I would say yes too. But thats it. Nobody else is going to contend.

The West has.. LA, Dallas, Portland, OKC, Denver and SA who you could say can win the West the next year