Final Fantasy XIII-2

Options
BoldChild
BoldChild Members Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2012 in IllGaming
If you feel like renting it.

I gave XIII a 6.5/10, I would have to give XIII-2 an 8/10. (just my own personal preference) I'm glad I bought it.

If you play Final Fantasy for the gameplay it's worth it, if the story is a big factor for you, don't get it.

Anyone else decide to cope it?

There is also an arena in XIII-2 where you can get DLC fights. ($3 each) and have a chnace at getting their monster crystal so they can join your team. There are out so far.

Jihl Nabaat (Have to have close to an end game team to beat her)
http://youtu.be/z4Cmo03NXsA

Omega
http://youtu.be/lh7NeKXPpdc

Lightning & Amodar
http://youtu.be/tv6ayh8HEtM

Monster Infusion

http://youtu.be/jHdzemC3ueE

Comments

• ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pass... I lost hope in final fantasy this year
  • BoldChild
    Options
  • ocelot
    Options
    shiiiiiiiiiiet [/clay davis].... where do I start...lol
    The developers has lost things that made them special...
    They think that they can hide behind their names and cant be called out for it...
    They annoucnce 2 games in 2006 and one of them saw the light 3 years afterwards in Japan...
    They made a sequel no one asked for to a game that was linear and had a horrible story with a horrible cast... (cept for the black dude and Fang)
    No Kingdom Hearts 3.... No Versus XIII...
    They havent changed for the better... meaning they havent grown with their audience while still having the teeny boopers...
    Final Fantasy hasnt been hot since X and X wasnt even that good
  • BoldChild
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Ah, apparently the sequel was meant to correct the things people didn't like about 13.

13-2 is not very linear, it's kind of like FF 12, except the world is not connected in one big map, you have to use gates to travel to different time periods.

What I don't like about 13-2 is you only get two players to play with, and neither one of them are playable characters from the first game. One of them is lightnings sister, the other is this new guy. Instead of having a 3rd person in your party, you have to use monster that you caught. it's possible to use lighting, sahz, and probably more characters in the future as "monsters", but it's not the same because you can;t control them.

^ Would have gave them a 7/10 just for this, but I can't hate, it's a fun game.

As for Kingdom hearts and FF Versus. I'm mad about that to, but it can't be helped. The team in charge of Versus and Kingdom hearts is an entirely different team than the one in charge of Final Fantasy. The Final Fantasy team has dropped two titles, and the other team hasn't even dropped one.

EDIT: Well, the versus team made Final Fantasy type 0 for the psp, but they didn't even port that ? to America. (They say they are going to, but who knows when)

But, based on the ending of XIII-2, they are probably going to release an XIII-3, a lot of people are going to be ? either way.

"Ending" of 13-2.
    The bad guy wins, everyone dies. (he wanted to destroy the world, buy destroying time itself)
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I picked it up a while ago, but am presently playing thru FFXIII before I touch 2
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was gonna cop it after price drops. big thing for me is gameplay, but also i love the story. 7 and 8 got me into Storyline RPG's big time. i agree with the poster above. 10 was probably the last FF i enjoyed. I thought 10 had a great story imo. I played the mmo 11 for a year or so and i liked it, but havent played it in some time. never played 12, 13 was meh, didnt like the story too much.
  • BoldChild
    Options
    I hear gamestop is selling it used for $35, should drop a bit more in a few months.
  • ocelot
    Options
    BoldChild wrote: »
    Ah, apparently the sequel was meant to correct the things people didn't like about 13.

13-2 is not very linear, it's kind of like FF 12, except the world is not connected in one big map, you have to use gates to travel to different time periods.

What I don't like about 13-2 is you only get two players to play with, and neither one of them are playable characters from the first game. One of them is lightnings sister, the other is this new guy. Instead of having a 3rd person in your party, you have to use monster that you caught. it's possible to use lighting, sahz, and probably more characters in the future as "monsters", but it's not the same because you can;t control them.

^ Would have gave them a 7/10 just for this, but I can't hate, it's a fun game.

As for Kingdom hearts and FF Versus. I'm mad about that to, but it can't be helped. The team in charge of Versus and Kingdom hearts is an entirely different team than the one in charge of Final Fantasy. The Final Fantasy team has dropped two titles, and the other team hasn't even dropped one.

EDIT: Well, the versus team made Final Fantasy type 0 for the psp, but they didn't even port that ? to America. (They say they are going to, but who knows when)

But, based on the ending of XIII-2, they are probably going to release an XIII-3, a lot of people are going to be ? either way.

"Ending" of 13-2.
    The bad guy wins, everyone dies. (he wanted to destroy the world, buy destroying time itself)

Im 40 hrs in XIII and im not even inspired to play XIII-2... Im going to finsih XIII just cuz now... but I've heard that its fun though... I might get it when its $10.00...

My beef is that they make announcements of announcements and when they do make the announcement its sucks...and it doesnt take 4 years to make a ? game...smh

Japanese developers besides Capcom and Kojima pro. has dropped the ball this gen as far as console games... And I dont even like Capcom games...

The only reason I have hope for Verse is because its made by the people that made FFVII-VIII and Kingdom Hearts...
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    3 bucks for 9 minutes of game content...

lol

• BoldChild
    Options
    BIGRuss wrote: »
    3 bucks for 9 minutes of game content...

lol

The fights are fun, and you can recruit them on your team. /shrug.

• imm0rt4l
    imm0rt4l Members Posts: 683 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Final Fantasy fell the ? off.
  • BoldChild
    Options
    imm0rt4l wrote: »
    Final Fantasy fell the ? off.
    I'm going to make a shorter, more coherent version of this post later on. (ignore the other stuff and read the bold)
    I disagree.

There was the original FF 1-3 which weren't released in America, and tbh, I don't think they were that good. (not bceause there was 2d)

Then there was Final Fantasy 4, which was released in America s 2. It has now been re released on the Gameboy advance as FF 4 advanced, on the PSP as Final Fantasy Complete Collection(updated 2d graphics) , and the DS as Final Fantasy 4 DS, (this version is in blocky 3D, is much harder, and has new items, equips, and a slightly different battle system.

Then there was FF5. Meh, can't say much about this, never played or looked into it.

But FF became most popular when FF7 was released. (was the GOAT) Following that FF8 was released, but it wasn't like FF7, so a lot of people came to dislike it. Even me at first, but then I grew into it.

Then with FF9 they went back to the way they did the previous FF games. 4 man battle format, with a job system. (1,2,3,4) , but surprise, a lot of people did not like it, and now FF9 is rarely brought up.

Then they brought the 3 man system back with FFX on the PS2, which was a big hit. X-2 came after, but lets not talk about that. (if you want a non linear FF, go play that)

SE wanted to change it up, and 12 came next, with a slightly different battle system. Some detested it, a lot of people liked it. This was one of my favorite Final fantasies tbh, I put in over 150 hours. They were just experimenting with new things.

Next XIII was released, and a lot of people came to hate it for a lot of reasons. If you have disliked FF X, XII, and XIII, then maybe you're not in to FF games anymore. But if XIII is the only have someone has had a problem with, I would go so far as to say FF is doomed.

• ocelot
    Options
    Disagree about IX... Ol heads love that game...
    Square was good from 4-X... Im counting Tactics... Eghrize... Bashudo Blade.. etc
    They started falling off when the Bouncer was made... Now they're hit or miss with a lot more miss than hits
  • Got Em Shook
    Got Em Shook Members Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    FF XIII was a disappointment
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Yo i just started playing this yesterday. and i gotta say im already feel way better about this game than i do FFXIII. the battle is dope and i like how you can throw the monsters in there and level em up. having 2 guys with 5 roles is a little pain in the ass but its alright. that opening cutscene was bad ass too. Anyone playing their way thru this? i was getting shards and on the first level i talked to EVERYONE and looked in every corner and it says i only got 3 out of 4 shards. but some places i didnt have access to. do i eventually unlock the first level in a different time to get the 4th shard??
  • joshuaboy
    Options
    Lou Cypher wrote: »
    Yo i just started playing this yesterday. and i gotta say im already feel way better about this game than i do FFXIII. the battle is dope and i like how you can throw the monsters in there and level em up. having 2 guys with 5 roles is a little pain in the ass but its alright. that opening cutscene was bad ass too. Anyone playing their way thru this? i was getting shards and on the first level i talked to EVERYONE and looked in every corner and it says i only got 3 out of 4 shards. but some places i didnt have access to. do i eventually unlock the first level in a different time to get the 4th shard??

Gonna start this soon. Just finishing up XIII. Reached where you could teleport back and do earlier missions before facing the final boss.
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Man that final boss is a pain in the ? ass! took me days to find out the right paradigms/characters/equip to use. or i just lost so many times the game turned it to easy on me lol. When i finally beat the dude i was sweating. The opening Cutscene in 13-2 is ? bad ass man. I didnt do all of the missions in FFXIII, i only got up to 24 then i was done with that ? lol, those monsters get ? rough. I wanna do this one with 100% completion tho.
  • BoldChild
    edited April 2012
    Options
    GILGAMESH dlc.

long hard fight.
    Notice that this guy was spamming elixirs. Most people still can't beat him, and those that can take around 30min. (on normal mode)

http://youtu.be/Gv1QyvsAGeQ

• Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i agree ff9 was the ? i still play through it from time to time
  • ocelot
    Options
    @sionb
    Wait your screen name is from the bouncer??? Bwhahahahahaha... that just made my day *wipes tears*
  • joshuaboy
    Options
    Just finished XIII last night and started on XIII-2. Does seem more action oriented than XIII and more exciting. Can't lay back and relax while playing this one like I did the first one.
  • Seansosa
    Seansosa Members Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Options
    i just bought both games from game stop last night along with dead island and fallout 3 goty edition
  • ocelot
    Options
    Fallout 3 is my favorite game this gen along side Bioshock... Play Fallout first
  • Seansosa
    Seansosa Members Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ocelot wrote: »
    Fallout 3 is my favorite game this gen along side Bioshock... Play Fallout first

im play fallout now so far its cool takes some getting use to tho