Kid Icarus: Uprising Gets Perfect Famitsu Review Score

focus
focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2012 in IllGaming
Becomes the 19th game - and the first 3DS one - to be awarded 40/40

By Tom Ivan for computerandvideogames.com

Famitsu has awarded Kid Icarus: Uprising a perfect 40/40 review score.

Each of the magazine's four reviewers gave Nintendo's upcoming game a 10, making it the 19th title to earn a perfect rating from Famitsu as well as the first 3DS game to do so, Andriasang reports.

It concluded its verdict by saying: "It feels far bigger than the console upon which it appears, it's deeper than most home console titles and more content-packed than any other 3DS game yet released. Pit might've been sorry to keep us waiting, but this was a wait worth every second."

Kid Icarus: Uprising is set for release in the UK & US on March 23.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/339923/kid-icarus-uprising-gets-perfect-famitsu-review-score/

Comments

• ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perfect score from famitsu means they were paid.... A couple of 9s and some 10s means Perfect score
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ocelot wrote: »
    Perfect score from famitsu means they were paid

Everybody says this about every review score these days, regardless of their being no evidence.

.... A couple of 9s and some 10s means Perfect score

Actually, A perfect score from Famitsu requires 4 different reviewers to each give the game a 10.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only game that makes me look at the 3DS.Famitsu scores are irrelevant just like all scores though.
  • ocelot
    focus wrote: »
    Perfect score from famitsu means they were paid

Everybody says this about every review score these days, regardless of their being no evidence.

.... A couple of 9s and some 10s means Perfect score

Actually, A perfect score from Famitsu requires 4 different reviewers to each give the game a 10.
    thats what I meant... 37-39 is a Perfect score in my eyes when it comes to Famitsu...
    And Famitsu is known for taking promo money...

• joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    IGN Review:

Presentation 8.0
    The story attempts one too many swerves, but the ‘revival’ of the Kid Icarus universe is impressive.

Graphics 9.0
    Some great world and enemy designs, mixed with stunning 3D effects. Sometimes the screen is too busy though - and multiplayer has some framerate issues.

Sound 9.0
    Incredible music is marred slightly by chatty, slightly annoying voice acting.

Gameplay 8.0
    A great fundamental approach that is hurt by awkward controls and repetitive level progression.

Lasting Appeal 10
    More than 300 achievements, endless weapon variations, scalable difficulty… you can't ask for more.

OVERALL 8.5 (GREAT)
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    must admit, this does make the 3ds appealing. I was a big fan of the NES one.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    must admit, this does make the 3ds appealing. I was a big fan of the NES one.

Yeah finally something other than Mario.
  • Mdizzle9000
    Mdizzle9000 Members, Writer Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    watched the trailer, looks ok

im not getting a 3ds though until a new zelda/pokemon comes out though
  • ocelot
    I'll get a 3DS when the new Kingdom Hearts game comes out
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eurogamer: 9/10

• vespesianus
    vespesianus Members Posts: 330 ✭✭✭
    I played the demo before the 3DS came out and the controls were horrible. I thought they'd change them for the retail release but sounds like they kept them. I couldn't play a whole game like that. 3DS lost for only havin one analogue stick