if you was the gm of *insert team with a lot of cap space*...

Mdizzle9000
Mdizzle9000 Members, Writer Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2010 in From the Cheap Seats
what would you do if you where the gm of the knicks, nets, chicago etc....

if im the knicks gm and i cant get lebron, wade or bosh...imma have to go with joe johnson but NOT for max money. im not paying him no more than 15 mill a year. i would try to sign amare and keep david lee at the same time. i think a team with joe johnson, amare and david lee would bust some ass.

Comments

• S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    As the Bulls GM this is my plan A scenario (or dream scenario)...

Bulls have 30 million in cap. So I would...

-Sign Lebron James to a max deal... $16,568,908. Now I have $13,431,092...

-Then trade Luol Deng/James Johnson to a team who could use a SF, has cap room and isn't a major player this year in the Free Agent market..

So with that said I'd deal him to the Kings (roughly $15 mil in cap room) for Carl Landry (makes $3,000,000).. Deng makes $11,355,850 and JJ makes $1,713,600.. so after the deal is done the Kings get a starting SF and #2 scorer to Tyreke along with a hybrid SF/PF for depth and could be cut after next season if he doesn't maximize his potential next season. So they will have (along with other players they can cut) near enough for another max contract next season.

As for the Bulls I would now have $26,500,542....

-Then I would sign Bosh to a max contract... another 16 mil.. Now I have $6,931,634...

-With that cap room I would have more money then I believe people will offer Ray Allen (I don't think people will give him more than the Mid Level Exception).. So I would sign Ray Allen with the rest of my cap.. leaving me at $0.

-Then I would offer the MLE to Udonis Haslem or Jermaine O'Neal to round out the depth on my bench.. I would think Haslem would go back to the Heat but if they get ? im not sure if he goes back.. he also would essentially be making close to the amount he was getting the first couple years of his previous deal and I think O'Neal is in the part of his career where he'd like to just play for a championship as a complimentary player who has length can D-up and block shots.

So with all that said and done.. the squad would look like..

PG: Derrick Rose
    SG: Ray Allen
    SF: Lebron James
    PF: Chris Bosh
    C: Joakim Noah

Bench: Taj Gibson
    Bench: Carl Landry
    Bench: Haslem or O'Neal
    Bench: Mininum contract player
    Bench: Minimum contact player
    Bench: Minimum contract player
    Bench: Minimum contract player

Do I this will happen? No, not really.. Do I think it has a slight possibility? Sure. Is it the type of team that could win/go to the Finals? Yup. And unless you get 3 max players which I really doubt anyone gets this is the best scenario the Bulls could come up with in my mind.

Thoughts?
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited June 2010
    If I'm the Knicks GM after not being able to sign LeBron, Wade, Bosh etc. I re sign T Mac, at this point he will be a bargain and wont cost too much, I then re sign David Lee and go after Amar'e. In D'Antoni's uptempo system that team could do some damage.

C- Amar'e Staudemire
    PF- David Lee
    SF- Danillo Gallinari
    SG- Tracy McGrady
    PG- Rodriguez
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    what would you do if you where the gm of the knicks, nets, chicago etc....

if im the knicks gm and i cant get lebron, wade or bosh...imma have to go with joe johnson but NOT for max money. im not paying him no more than 15 mill a year. i would try to sign amare and keep david lee at the same time. i think a team with joe johnson, amare and david lee would bust some ass.

You'd go 41-41 for 4 years then get fired, also.
  • Mdizzle9000
    edited June 2010
    jamacia wrote: »
    If I'm the Knicks GM after not being able to sign LeBron, Wade, Bosh etc. I re sign T Mac, at this point he will be a bargain and wont cost too much, I then re sign David Lee and go after Amar'e. In D'Antoni's uptempo system that team could do some damage.

C- Amar'e Staudemire
    PF- David Lee
    SF- Danillo Gallinari
    SG- Tracy McGrady
    PG- Rodriguez

i feel you but t mac cant be trusted you know he gonna get injured
  • DatGuyJ22
    DatGuyJ22 Members Posts: 1,093
    edited June 2010
    Knicks aint gettin Lebron so I take Johnson and Stoudemire, keep T-Mac as a 6th man (still think he can play), and try to sign a PG like Ridnour

PG- Ridnour

SG-Johnson

SF-Gallinari

Pf-Lee

C-Stoudemire

6th man Chandler if we dont keep T-mac
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited June 2010
    i feel you but t mac cant be trusted you know he gonna get injured

Well assuming he can stay healthy and the Knicks do have insurance with Wilson Chandler in case McGrady gets hurt. I also think they should sign Sharon Collins.
  • Mdizzle9000
    edited June 2010
    jamacia wrote: »
    Well assuming he can stay healthy and the Knicks do have insurance with Wilson Chandler in case McGrady gets hurt. I also think they should sign Sharon Collins.

at this point wilson chandler should start over tmac regardless
  • john2009
    john2009 Confirm Email Posts: 2,081 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    can sumone be a GM for da clippers...and get sum players please...............
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited June 2010
    Knicks GM - Commit suicide, the fans puttin a hit out once they come to the realization you traded away and wasted the last 5 years you should have been rebuilding with for nothing.

Bulls GM - Dont go overboard, they have a solid foundation, they could win getting one or two exceptional players rather than going ? out for a superstar.

Pat Riley - Do everything in your power to get somebody to play with Wade. More than likely a superstar cause decent players still give you a terrible team.

Nets GM - Push for a superstar. They have a nice young team so I dont think they should have a heartattack if they get no one. In 2-3 years they'll be a playoff contender.

Clippers GM - Resign, your team will always be the Lakers un popular little brother, having Lebron, Wade, Bosh, Stoudamire, and Chris Paul on the team together wouldnt change that.