Post a great Horror Movie

1235»

Comments

• CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Shining. Three pages in and no one said The Shining? For real?

that ? is old man

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-DrKgjit4I
  • KingJamal
    KingJamal Members Posts: 20,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pet Sematary is one of my favorites. I certainly hope they're not going to remake it. These remakes hardly ever go well.

And I watched Event Horizon based off the strength of this thread, and I just decided men and women don't have the same taste in horror movies. I wasn't even the least bit spooked by it and was semi bored tbh. And dammit I wanted to be scared!

But u think Paranormal activity is scary??? lol ur right we do have different tastes.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought event horizon was boring

*Shrugs*
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    anybody like hatchet part 1?
    the asian dude was hilarious
    hatchet is my ?
  • TheIraq
    TheIraq Members Posts: 5,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4qKo44IwsI

Scared the ? out of me as a kid... Underrated and a classic to me
  • In Your Moms Room
    In Your Moms Room Members Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw 'Carrie" yesterday and that ? was pretty good. That little ? carrie was weird as hell. I was seeing that ? face in my dreams.
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Evento horizon ? me up for a while.
  • renny
    renny Members Posts: 25

Wats it about @Renny[/quote]

It's about a bunch of people in a subway when a cult of religious nuts decide the apocalypse has come so they have to ? everybody to "save" them (they think demons are invading, that's what's on the poster), so the people have to fight their way out, sort of like a zombie movie, but with Christian zealots instead. It's pretty creepy at times and has some cool gore scenes and it's not that cheesy even though it's straight to video. Just thought I'd bring it up since it's under most people's radar, even horror fans.
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The first "Alien" had a ? scared in 79'. I was 6 when I saw that movie
  • Iheart~Cali
    Iheart~Cali Members Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭✭✭
    KingJamal wrote: »
    Pet Sematary is one of my favorites. I certainly hope they're not going to remake it. These remakes hardly ever go well.

And I watched Event Horizon based off the strength of this thread, and I just decided men and women don't have the same taste in horror movies. I wasn't even the least bit spooked by it and was semi bored tbh. And dammit I wanted to be scared!

But u think Paranormal activity is scary??? lol ur right we do have different tastes.

Ya PA is way spookier to me. I watched Event Horizon by myself and it did nothing for me. Flashiness for the sake of flashiness never impresses me. I mean the whole movie was a bunch of BOO! moments. Ya the makeup looked scary but what else?
  • KingJamal

Ya PA is way spookier to me. I watched Event Horizon by myself and it did nothing for me. Flashiness for the sake of flashiness never impresses me. I mean the whole movie was a bunch of BOO! moments. Ya the makeup looked scary but what else?

But wats so scary about ? like PA?

I mean it looks funny to me
  • In Your Moms Room
    In Your Moms Room Members Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been watching some low budget horror movies lately and 'the craving' and hell's highway are both pretty good. I also love all the ? in those low budget amature horror flicks.
  • Iheart~Cali

You know what I think it is. I think it has to do with men being more visual creatures for the most part. Event Horizon is entirely visual. You get that abrupt scare from some hideous looking creature and then it retreats. And that's how the majority of the movie goes until the ? which I'll admit was a little more entertaining.

But with PA, the demon spirit in that movie is more pervasive and omnipotent. It's psychological more so because as a female, I was scared by the idea that a spirit could be everywhere and anywhere I am, that I'm not safe anywhere, that nothing is sacred, not even my own body. You can't get any closer to someone than actually being inside them; so the concept of that was what really spooked me. Knowing that you're in your own home and something is there just watching and waiting. And then when the demon took over her body, I was like ? ...nothing is off limits. It's an unsettling thought.

I sometimes don't articulate so well so I hope you know what I'm getting at.
  • KingJamal

You know what I think it is. I think it has to do with men being more visual creatures for the most part. Event Horizon is entirely visual. You get that abrupt scare from some hideous looking creature and then it retreats. And that's how the majority of the movie goes until the ? which I'll admit was a little more entertaining.

But with PA, the demon spirit in that movie is more pervasive and omnipotent. It's psychological more so because as a female, I was scared by the idea that a spirit could be everywhere and anywhere I am, that I'm not safe anywhere, that nothing is sacred, not even my own body. You can't get any closer to someone than actually being inside them; so the concept of that was what really spooked me. Knowing that you're in your own home and something is there just watching and waiting. And then when the demon took over her body, I was like ? ...nothing is off limits. It's an unsettling thought.

Don't worry I get wat ur saying BUT ur actually describing Event Horizon also lol

There is an evil entity on the ship that they can't escape from. Literally they're on a ship in space. There is no escape. And there is no lame "monster" in the movie. Unless u wanna count the guy who was possessed.

I like having these debates lol
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scary and horror lines are blurred nowadas. The old scary movies made you think like whoa, this new ? just mostly gore and special effects
  • Iheart~Cali

Don't worry I get wat ur saying BUT ur actually describing Event Horizon also lol

There is an evil entity on the ship that they can't escape from. Literally they're on a ship in space. There is no escape. And there is no lame "monster" in the movie. Unless u wanna count the guy who was possessed.

But the evil in Event Horizon is contained within that dimension in space. The crew was perfectly safe until they boarded the ship and then began having hallucinations. Once they opened up that time bending dimension thingy, that's when the trouble started. The evil is relegated to a specific place in time. But with Katie, she's had this demon since her childhood. There is no escaping it. She could go to Mars and back or to the Starbucks around the corner and it would still be with her.

Plus, and this is a big plus for me, I read an interview with Alfred Hitchcock. In it he said that what you can't see is infinitely scarier than what's provided for you because you're imagination takes it and runs with it; making it much bigger than it really is. The scares in PA (with the exception of the last 3 minutes) rely solely on imagination because the demon is never actually shown. The audience has absolutely no perception of where it is at any time in the movie.

And lastly...lol..after this I'm done. For a first time feature film director and a shoestring budget, this movie is well made. The pacing, the direction, the acting...all of it. One of my close friends talks and acts JUST like Katie. The only thing funny about the movie is how realistic Katie was.
  • KingJamal

But the evil in Event Horizon is contained within that dimension in space. The crew was perfectly safe until they boarded the ship and then began having hallucinations. Once they opened up that time bending dimension thingy, that's when the trouble started. The evil is relegated to a specific place in time. But with Katie, she's had this demon since her childhood. There is no escaping it. She could go to Mars and back or to the Starbucks around the corner and it would still be with her.

Plus, and this is a big plus for me, I read an interview with Alfred Hitchcock. In it he said that what you can't see is infinitely scarier than what's provided for you because you're imagination takes it and runs with it; making it much bigger than it really is. The scares in PA (with the exception of the last 3 minutes) rely solely on imagination because the demon is never actually shown. The audience has absolutely no perception of where it is at any time in the movie.

And lastly...lol..after this I'm done. For a first time feature film director and a shoestring budget, this movie is well made. The pacing, the direction, the acting...all of it. One of my close friends talks and acts JUST like Katie. The only thing funny about the movie is how realistic Katie was.

I know wat ur talking about. Psychological Horror. Event Horizon has that lol

Cali u know its true lol
  • BK Product
    BK Product Members Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Candyman
    The Collector was crazy... i didnt find it scary tho
    Exorcism of Emily Rose... more thriller than horror
    The Fourth Kind
  • FroHawke
    FroHawke Members Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭
    Cabin in the Woods is gettin a lot of hype. I'll check it out.
  • stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Watch the Woman in Black. I just watched the DVD screener, its the best horror film I've seen since The Ring. Masterful use of atmosphere and sound and even though it uses some traditional, maybe even chliched horror movie techniques, it uses them perfectly and it works.