LETTER TO THE MUSIC INDUSTRY:STOP MAKING DELUXE EDITION ALBUMS

ABOUTTHATLIFE
ABOUTTHATLIFE Members Posts: 27
edited March 2012 in R&B & Alternatives
you know what gets on my ? nerves?...when i go to the store to buy an album and they have 2 versions...the regular version and the deluxe version.why cant you put all the songs on one complete album and just be done with it? it doesn't make sense.now i know a lot of you are reading this and saying "thats how they make more money".well let me ask you this,if you know that the album that you are buying is not the complete version of the album,then whats the use of buying it? you ? idiot.and if you have a deluxe version of the album then that makes it even harder for the regular version of the album to sell and, that's if it sells at all.i wanna hear the COMPLETE version of the COMPLETE album,i don't wanna hear no half ass album so,why would you think that i would be a stupid mother ? to buy an album that doesn't have all the songs on there? don't insult my intelligence by giving me this deluxe ? ? .make sure all the songs are on one COMPLETE album so that you make sure the album sells and that way the consumer is not missing out on anything.that's the way of the music industry being smarter and stepping their game the ? up.1

Comments

• rice n gravy
    rice n gravy Members Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭
    aint thats the reason Confessions sold so much
  • ABOUTTHATLIFE
    ABOUTTHATLIFE Members Posts: 27
    edited March 2012
    aint thats the reason Confessions sold so much

the original confessions album had already did big numbers by itself.the thing is laface didn't
    release a deluxe edition until months after the original in time for the holiday season of '04.
    confessions is already a classic alone without a deluxe edition.im willing to bet a million
    dollars(if i had it) that if the original album did not do big numbers there wouldn't be a deluxe
    edition.
  • soulatlantic
    soulatlantic Members Posts: 346
    i think they release two versions (or more) of an album at the same time because they're trying to target and cater to multiple demographics... the super fan of an artist is absolutely going to buy the deluxe version of an album to get additional songs/ content (and may even additionally buy the regular version if there is different artwork), and they will have no problem shelling out additional money to support an artist they love.
    the typical person may not be inclined to spend more money on a deluxe edition of an album, because they're just checking the artist out, or aren't a big enough fan/ supporter to want to pay for the additional songs/ content.

in terms of the deluxe versions of albums that come out months after the initial release i think they do them for two reasons... one to boost sales of an already successful album that is still receiving attention via singles (and add more singles to continue to ride the wave of success for as long as possible), and two to try to generate a buzz and increased interest in an album that is only getting lukewarm reception, because they feel has the potential to be much bigger than it already is.

that's just how i look at it though.
  • Hattie94
    Hattie94 Members Posts: 7
    Because they're just checking the artist out, or aren't a big enough fan/ supporter to want to pay for the additional songs/ content.avatar4.jpg
  • rozella99
    rozella99 Members Posts: 5
    In terms of the deluxe versions of albums that come out months after the initial release i think they do them for two reasons... one to boost sales of an already successful album that is still receiving attention via singles。avatar4.jpg