Ono confirms new Darkstalkers title?

Options
Bcotton5
Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2010 in IllGaming
On Yoshinori Ono's Twitter account, there was a hint that the Street Fighter 4 series producer might be pitching a new Darkstalkers title to Capcom.

This started on Monday when he mentioned a new proposal he was working on and would be presenting to Keiji Inafune, who is Capcom's head of research & development and global head of production, and also the creator of Mega Man.

Ono said this proposal was successful, but didn't offer much information into what it might be.

Another Twitter member asked this question after the meeting with Inafune took place and Ono's response follows.

So now you can make a new Darkstalkers/Vampire game, right?

Ono: I'm left speechless yet..... Shhhh.

This implies Ono pitched a Darkstalkers title and Inafune liked the idea. If this is true, there's still a long way to go before the project is green lighted, but this might potentially be very good news for Darkstalkers fans.

Ono also had this to say when asked about the possibility of new alternative costumes for Super Street Fighter 4.
Will you guys make more alternate costumes for SSF4?

Ono: If there is a demand, I think..

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    a new darkstalkers would be epic. they really should put vampire chronicles out on psn.
  • satyrone
    satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    BIGRuss wrote: »
    a new darkstalkers would be epic. they really should put vampire chronicles out on psn.

word Darkstalkers was ill as ? . they will do it theres no denying thats what we want and they know this. and what BIGruss said they need to bring Vampire chronicles for XBLA as well. imma dig out my saturn i think i have the import of chronicles or somthing.
  • Shyheim
    Shyheim Members Posts: 580
    edited June 2010
    Options
    ...I remember reading around the time Street Fighter IV came out that Ono was interested in doing another Darkstalkers game w/SF4-style graphics, so I can't say I'm surprised.

Considering the fact that Capcom's been on a roll recently with resurgences of their franchises (With the exception of that console Bionic Commando and Final Fight Streetwise, of course), this'll most likely be another win for them.
    The Jamel wrote: »
    I was never impressed with Darkstalkers....

I'm curious to hear ya'll's opinion on why you all like this game tho... like what made this a good fighting game for you?

...The introduction of EX Moves to Capcom fighters, Dashing, Air Blocking (I guess), (Some) cool characters and Supers, and other twists/tweaks/additions to the Street Fighter Engine/Formula.

But most of all (For me, anyway), I liked the series for its art style & animation, being an artist myself...
  • Bcotton5
    edited June 2010
    Options
    DS invented chain-combos too, I think air blocking was alpha 1 first though

DS in the SSF4 engine would be dope as ? , I already know they'll add some new ? to the engine too
  • Shyheim
    edited June 2010
    Options
    DS invented chain-combos too, I think air blocking was alpha 1 first though

Nah, it was Darkstalkers--It came out a year before Alpha 1. I said "I guess" because I know Air Blocking was looked down upon by some gamers.

But anyway, DS was also the first Capcom fighting game to use that new (At the time) hand-drawn style seen in the Alpha and Vs. series...
  • Bcotton5
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Hope they add more innovative stuff to the genre, doubt it though, since SF4 has been so successful I can them taking a back to the basics approache like they did w SF4
  • Gnawledgeable
    Gnawledgeable Members Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I really wasn't into Darkstalkers either though Morrigan is my fav and she been on numerous games, I'll check it out.
  • Mdizzle9000
    Mdizzle9000 Members, Writer Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Definately will be lookin into this
  • Shyheim
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Hope they add more innovative stuff to the genre, doubt it though, since SF4 has been so successful I can them taking a back to the basics approache like they did w SF4

...Yeah. Despite Capcom using some of their Darkstalker gameplay innovations in the Street Fighter series and vice versa, DS is still different enough that it would be able to stand on its own, gameplay-and-concept-wise..
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    edited July 2010
    Options
    satyrone wrote: »
    word Darkstalkers was ill as ? . they will do it theres no denying thats what we want and they know this. and what BIGruss said they need to bring Vampire chronicles for XBLA as well. imma dig out my saturn i think i have the import of chronicles or somthing.

word. i got chronicles import on dreamcast that ? was better than arcade perfect like alpha 3 on dc. wish we would of got the vampire collection that came out in japan for ps2.
  • Bcotton5
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I really wasn't into Darkstalkers either though Morrigan is my fav and she been on numerous games, I'll check it out.

I always ? with Demitiri and Morrigan because Im a shoto player, I used to be good with Jon Talbain too though
  • e-Sean Coonery
    e-Sean Coonery Members Posts: 22
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I love DarkStalers
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Darkstalkers kinda started the over the top fighting style that Capcom funneled into the Vs series. If I'm not mistaken, it was Capcom's second major fighting series, and brought a completely different style to the table for them.
  • satyrone
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I always ? with Demitiri and Morrigan because Im a shoto player, I used to be good with Jon Talbain too though

word Demitri,Jan Talbain, & Felicia where my characters of choice
  • Bcotton5
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Jon Talbain been rumored to make the MVC3 roster, I know he always been a fan favorite in America but Capcom always put Felecia and Morrigan in the VS games
  • satyrone
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Jon Talbain been rumored to make the MVC3 roster, I know he always been a fan favorite in America but Capcom always put Felecia and Morrigan in the VS games

i know i hope they put Jon Talbain in the game. im the only person in the world who finds Morrigan useless.
  • Bcotton5
    edited July 2010
    Options
    i know i hope they put Jon Talbain in the game. im the only person in the world who finds Morrigan useless.

Morrigan is basically the Ryu of Darkstalkers they gotta have her as a representative
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    edited July 2010
    Options

naaaa. morrigan is a beast if you really know how to use her and not just exploit fireball and uppercut. jedah is my favorite. on a side note, would love to see edge from rival schools in a vs. game.
  • satyrone
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Morrigan is basically the Ryu of Darkstalkers they gotta have her as a representative

see to me when darkstalkers first came out Demitri played more like ryu to me than morgan. i would wish they would have put him in a VS game by now. Demitri vs Ryu that would be an ill match up.
  • satyrone
    edited July 2010
    Options
    BIGRuss wrote: »
    naaaa. morrigan is a beast if you really know how to use her and not just exploit fireball and uppercut. jedah is my favorite. on a side note, would love to see edge from rival schools in a vs. game.

yea i cant use her pretty good shie gets boring to me after ahwile not enough verity for me
  • Bcotton5
    edited July 2010
    Options
    see to me when darkstalkers first came out Demitri played more like ryu to me than morgan. i would wish they would have put him in a VS game by now. Demitri vs Ryu that would be an ill match up.

He was in Capcom Fighting Evolution/Jam
  • satyrone
    edited July 2010
    Options

hmmm..i think i have that. that was on PS2 right?? i couldnt get into that game but im keeping it LOL. ill have to dig it outt and play it.
  • Shyheim
    edited July 2010
    Options

...And that SNK Vs. Capcom disaster...
  • Bcotton5
    edited July 2010
    Options
    hmmm..i think i have that. that was on PS2 right?? i couldnt get into that game but im keeping it LOL. ill have to dig it outt and play it.

Yea itss a on PS2,its a horribly put together game lol but its really not bad just to pick up and play, they basically copy & pasted all the characters from their respective games and didnt touch them at all