Why Is There No Talent Coming Out of the East Coast?

Comments

• BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because NY rappers get pigeon held in one specific "Sound". And why NY Rappers cant be influenced by southern artist but Southern Artist can be influenced by NY and it's no problem? If i want to have a southern flow or touch a southern beat on a couple tracks dont try to "call me out" when there's southern artist who have been emulating the East for Years.

Would J Cole be as big as he is with a Southern Flow?

and what the ? kinda flow does j.cole have?
    he most definitely ain't out here soundin like inspectah deck or some ? like that
    ? is a southern flow?
    some gucci mane ? ?
    typical ny muhfucka takin credit for some ? but at the same time lookin for an out when they can't use they own ? to get on

"I'm just a down south ? , lil' east coast flow"-J. Cole, Good Game.

i don't give a ? what he say
    he a shuckin n jivin ass wanna be ny ? anyway
    somebody tell me what a southern flow is?
    some future ? ?
    explain to me
    if a ? over pronounces his words he got a east coast flow
    but if a ? words all slurred and ignorant soundin he got a southern flow?
    tell me
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ptowndonte wrote: »
    Aside from Wooh Da Kid, Frenchie, ASAP Rocky, Eldorado Red, French Montana, Chinx Drugz, and A-Mafia....you ? is boring

lol but notice how you say "you ? " every other region feels the same way about wherever you are from. ? from any region are quick to say region X only got a few other ? thats hot but then rappers from that region are viewed the same way as you think.

In the rap game right now there is not one region that has more than a couple new cats that are nationally loved and respected. Other than that the rest of the regions new school rappers are regionally popular.

• DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Because NY rappers get pigeon held in one specific "Sound". And why NY Rappers cant be influenced by southern artist but Southern Artist can be influenced by NY and it's no problem? If i want to have a southern flow or touch a southern beat on a couple tracks dont try to "call me out" when there's southern artist who have been emulating the East for Years.

he most definitely ain't out here soundin like inspectah deck or some ? like that
    ? is a southern flow?
    some gucci mane ? ?
    typical ny muhfucka takin credit for some ? but at the same time lookin for an out when they can't use they own ? to get on

some future ? ?
    explain to me
    tell me

I don't know what a "southern flow" is. And I don't know what you mean by "over-pronouncing" either. I mean...T.I. and 3000 got southern accents, but they're lyricists.

J. Cole made that line because I assume that his influences are NY-based, or that he feels lyricism in Hip-Hop is East Coast-rooted.
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    Aside from Wooh Da Kid, Frenchie, ASAP Rocky, Eldorado Red, French Montana, Chinx Drugz, and A-Mafia....you ? is boring

lol but notice how you say "you ? " every other region feels the same way about wherever you are from. ? from any region are quick to say region X only got a few other ? thats hot but then rappers from that region are viewed the same way as you think.

In the rap game right now there is not one region that has more than a couple new cats that are nationally loved and respected. Other than that the rest of the regions new school rappers are regionally popular.

Ask me if I asked you to respond to me
  • BackInWhite

? is a southern flow?
    some gucci mane ? ?

some future ? ?
    explain to me
    tell me

I don't know what a "southern flow" is. And I don't know what you mean by "over-pronouncing" either.

J. Cole made that line because I assume that his influences are NY-based, or that he feels lyricism in Hip-Hop is East Coast-rooted.

so basically what you usin to negate my opinion is another ? opinion
    ok
    anywho
  • P. Town
    ? New York and ya'll wack ass choice of clothing. NY ? always got on True Religion jackets, but ain't never got the jeans
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14

Lol if you put something on ebay don't be shocked when someone wants to buy it. You on an open message board and you get shocked when another user responds to your comments and the truth is spoken. Notice you cant even defend your comments or prove how my comments are incorrect lmao why you mad tho?
  • BackInWhite
    lmfao @ true religion jackets but never the jeans
  • P. Town

Lol if you put something on ebay don't be shocked when someone wants to buy it. You on an open message board and you get shocked when another user responds to your comments and the truth is spoken. Notice you cant even defend your comments or prove how my comments are incorrect lmao why you mad tho?

You didn't say ? the average person don't know though
  • Miles HIGH
    Miles HIGH Members Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭
    Lmao...Good to see P Town back in action....Still ridin on these New Yawkas...
  • Gen. Stasia
    Gen. Stasia Members Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭✭✭

ny rappers pigeon holed themselves into that sound tho
    you muhfuckas booed outkast at the source awards but now it's cool to be influenced by southern artists?
    ? is a southern flow?
    some gucci mane ? ?

First of all i wasnt at The Source awards so who is you muthafuckas? Second of all is Gucci mane the only rapper from the south? How about a Bun B Flow? a Scarface Flow? a ? C flow? a Andre 3000 flow? a Big Boi Flow? A MJG Flow? And J Cole has more of a Nas flow which happens to be East Coast and some would make the arguement of the Epitome of the Eastcoast sound.

I think yall feel inferior. Emulation is the easiest form of flattery but yall been told that yall wasnt ? for so long u think its a back handed compliment when someone is influenced by yall. SMH.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14

You didn't say ? the average person don't know though

You must be below average because you act like one city from the east coast (new york) is just so much worse than any other city hip hop music wise.

Lol what were you a bastard child from a new york ? you seem upset at new york
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Asap Rocky, Some of Brick Squad,French Montana, Smoke Dza,Vado,Action Brunson,Roc Maciano Aziela Banks , Nicki Minaj Drake(who has a more east coast ) Meek Mill, East Coast got some motherfuckas on every level so why are yall complaining
  • BackInWhite

you muhfuckas booed outkast at the source awards but now it's cool to be influenced by southern artists?
    ? is a southern flow?
    some gucci mane ? ?

First of all i wasnt at The Source awards so who is you muthafuckas? Second of all is Gucci mane the only rapper from the south? How about a Bun B Flow? a Scarface Flow? a ? C flow? a Andre 3000 flow? a Big Boi Flow? A MJG Flow? And J Cole has more of a Nas flow which happens to be East Coast and some would make the arguement of the Epitome of the Eastcoast sound.

I think yall feel inferior. Emulation is the easiest form of flattery but yall been told that yall wasnt ? for so long u think its a back handed compliment when someone is influenced by yall. SMH.

what's so southern about a bun b, ? c, big boi, or mjg other than their accent?
    you make no sense, ma'am
    "she like the boys wit the big ol chaaaaaains, ride around town in the big ol raaaaaaange" is nas-esque to you?
    i think you're just oblivious
    who told us we weren't ? ?
  • Gen. Stasia

? is a southern flow?
    some gucci mane ? ?

you make no sense, ma'am
    "she like the boys wit the big ol chaaaaaains, ride around town in the big ol raaaaaaange" is nas-esque to you?

2 lines off One Song tells you about the entire flow of a man with 3 Mixtapes and an Album that averages 20 songs each? Accent plays a big part in Flow being that Flow is how u ride a beat and an extra syllable in a line can determine riding a beat from being off beat.

and the whole "You muthafuckaz boo'ed Outkast at the Source Awards" just came off as a battered region. *shrugs*
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The First Regional Hate Thread since the new layout Lets get READY TO RUMBLE

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRZrmBvD-_Ih7teJiJ3WLfpQ31iYCLVihY4ph9WxOLBBShLoDZFzQ
  • BackInWhite

? is a southern flow?
    some gucci mane ? ?

you make no sense, ma'am

2 lines off One Song tells you about the entire flow of a man with 3 Mixtapes and an Album that averages 20 songs each? Accent plays a big part in Flow being that Flow is how u ride a beat and an extra syllable in a line can determine riding a beat from being off beat.

and the whole "You muthafuckaz boo'ed Outkast at the Source Awards" just came off as a battered region. *shrugs*

battered region?
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!
    battered by who?
    some ? who can't even use they own "flow" to get popular?
    i'm just sayin, you cocky wack muhfuckas hated that the south had "somethin to say" but now yall on our ? cuz all that dunn language is dead and gone
    have fun with your career, Qween
    you ? better start sayin mane and slowin down them bars and leavin them ugly ass accents on the stoop
    battered region......lmfao
    ok then
  • Gen. Stasia
    The First Regional Hate Thread since the new layout Lets get READY TO RUMBLE

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRZrmBvD-_Ih7teJiJ3WLfpQ31iYCLVihY4ph9WxOLBBShLoDZFzQ

Aint no Hate but i find it just weird that others can be influenced by NY but NY cant be influenced by anywhere else. It's like a female who was always told she was ugly and when u compliment her the ? cant just take the compliment and ? ... its annoying

• Gen. Stasia

? is a southern flow?
    some gucci mane ? ?

you make no sense, ma'am

battered region?
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!
    battered by who?
    some ? who can't even use they own "flow" to get popular?
    i'm just sayin, you cocky wack muhfuckas hated that the south had "somethin to say" but now yall on our ? cuz all that dunn language is dead and gone
    have fun with your career, Qween
    you ? better start sayin mane and slowin down them bars and leavin them ugly ass accents on the stoop
    battered region......lmfao
    ok then

...... Feelings Much? lmao
  • BackInWhite
    why would the great New York City wanna be influenced by anyone else?
    muhfuckas is so high and mighty and the home and birthplace of hip hop
    ? on West Coast hip hop
    hated on Down South hip hop
    but now that the boat done sank yall wanna jump on the bandwagon?
    east coast gang bangers and syrup sippers?
    ? outta here
    stick to your timberlands and champion hoodies and sour diesel
  • Gen. Stasia
    LMAOOOOO i wish there was a Button for "More Feelings"

• BackInWhite
    i wish there was a button for "this hoe don't know what she talkin bout"
  • Gen. Stasia
    i wish there was a button for "this hoe don't know what she talkin bout"

If i didnt know what i was talking about why respond? Just click "Wack" and keep it moving And Smart ppl dont get mad at ppl who dont know what they talking about they laugh and keep it moving...

Like i said u got deep in your feelings now you have to resort to ? this Hoe That... Kinda sad when you think about it lol

• blackdemo
    blackdemo Members Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭
    I dont understand, we got

Pro Era
    ASAP Rocky
    Action Bronson
    Lloyd Banks
    Meek Mill
    Mac Miller
    French Montana
    Wiz Khalifa
    Nicki Minaj
    Smoke DZA
    Vado
    Roc Marciano
    n I WILL say Drake because Toronto on the east coast unless u want them to have their own coaast (north)