Recommend some documentaries.

Options
VIBE
VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2012 in Lights, Camera, Action!
Been on a documentary kick lately, here's what I'd recommend.

Food, Inc
Food Matters
Forks Over Knives
King Corn: You Are What You Eat

^ obvious food documentaries, if you aren't in the know about how bad they can be for you (junk, fast food, sodas, sugar, genetically modified foods etc) it's mainly what they're about. If you know but haven't seen these, check them out. One of the recent ones has me thinking of an all fruit/vegetable based diet.

Transcendent Man
Future By Design

Some futuristic ? , all on how we can possibly live in the future by making life easier w robots (TM) to how we can live more "green" (FBD). I highly recommend Transcendent Man, that ? is a trip.

The ? Who Wasn't There
Religuous
Maybe ? Is Ill
Selling ?

Self explanatory, good documentaries.

Ape to Man (really recommend this)
The Science of Healing
Stress: Portrait of a Serial Killer
Incredible Human Machine
The Quantum Activist

There's more I can't think of, but add on. I recommend all these, they're great watches....

Comments

• Loo.Loo
    Loo.Loo Members Posts: 682 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • VIBE
    Options
    Yo, Being Elmo was a trip, I never thought twice about the race of who voiced Elmo and sadly I was surprised. I say sadly because we don't think of a black man voicing Elmo, ? was a fun documentary.
  • inthacut
    inthacut Members Posts: 955 ✭✭✭
    Options
    If ur into racing...Senna and also Jonestown: The Life and Death of the Peoples Temple
  • VIBE
    Options
    Currently watching Plastic Planet, talks about our dependancy on plastics and how is harmful to us and our planet.
  • VIBE
    Options
    Damn @ Plastic Planet, never thought once about plastics and the harm it does. All the ? ' chemicals, smmfh
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options
    This all about bottled water and the ? who support it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72MCumz5lq4
  • VIBE
    Options
    ^ what is it called?
  • In Your Moms Room
    In Your Moms Room Members Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Will Munny
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    ^ what is it called?

Tapped... like the title suggests...
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Passion of the Christ
    10 commandments
  • VIBE
    Options
    I'm on my phone so the video doesn't show the title.

Currently watching, FLOW: For Love Of Water.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I find it Ironic how someone can watch the "incredible human machine" and still say that humans evolved from some ancient primordial ooze. You talk about suppressing the truth in unrighteousness! My goodness!
  • VIBE
    Options
    DoU, ? didn't make anything.

Anyway, Ignorance is really bliss w these documentaries....
  • Will Munny
    Options

ha, sorry for being condescending then. But Tapped is really good though.
  • VIBE
    Options
    I find it Ironic how someone can watch the "incredible human machine" and still say that humans evolved from some ancient primordial ooze. You talk about suppressing the truth in unrighteousness! My goodness!

I find it ? up that apparently ? can make an "incredible human machine", but can't give simple rain water to poor areas where children under 5 are constantly dying from drinking contaminated waters. These countries can't even get the most plentiful liquid on earth without dying, without traveling hundreds of miles for a bucket, without being lied to by the sanitation companies, without having to have money (in which none have) to get water. Nothing these peope can do, yet ? exists and doesn't help? SMH.
  • VIBE
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »

ha, sorry for being condescending then. But Tapped is really good though.

It's cool lol, I'll find Tapped and watch it.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options

I find it ? up that apparently ? can make an "incredible human machine", but can't give simple rain water to poor areas where children under 5 are constantly dying from drinking contaminated waters. These countries can't even get the most plentiful liquid on earth without dying, without traveling hundreds of miles for a bucket, without being lied to by the sanitation companies, without having to have money (in which none have) to get water. Nothing these peope can do, yet ? exists and doesn't help? SMH.

How about your soul though? It's always "? didn't do this, why didn't ? do that" when it comes to excuses. It's pathetic.

when all is said and done what about the provisions ? has provided for you? Where is your thanks at? Those 5 year old kids will not be your crutch on the last day. You can hoot and holler all you want to about it right now, but what will happen when you come face to face with the one who gave you life?

Look brother the last thing I desire is to behold you on the last day with the "I told you so" face. My desire is for you to be reconciled back to Christ. Every thing else is just sheninagans. Give your life to Christ my friend! He loves you and desires to commune with you. Amen.

• VIBE
    Options
    I live in the US, middle class. My "provisions" are taken care of. It's raining pretty good here. Like I said, if there is a ? he needs to take care of his creation.

There isn't though, and life goes on as it does.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    I enjoy docs as much as the next man, but most are full of ? . Politics always seem to get in the way of the truth. But I do recommend all 3 parts of The West Memphis 3. Really makes you question if those guys are innocent or not
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    I live in the US, middle class. My "provisions" are taken care of. It's raining pretty good here. Like I said, if there is a ? he needs to take care of his creation.

There isn't though, and life goes on as it does.

I believe in "Population Control". ? practices it. AIDS, Drought, and Famine are great examples of it
  • VIBE
    Options
    I believe in population control too, nature takes care of it.
  • J-GUTTA
    J-GUTTA Members Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I dig documentaries when I got home this morning on HBO there was one called Love Crimes I believe it's about how backwards Afghanistan is with relationships between men and women.

I dig this documentary it's about kids that ride the trains through Mexico by them selves to come to the US to work.

Which way home
    http://www.hulu.com/watch/295708/which-way-home

This is the website that I watch a lot of documentaries on.

http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/
  • Loo.Loo
    Options
    there's one called "Whatever happened to Diane."

this chick was at a picnic with her family (or camp or some ? ) she piles up her kids and neices in a mini van

then proceeds to drive the wrong way on the highway and kills everybody.

• Amotekun
    Amotekun Members Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I find the sheer arrogance of a mortal being with finite vision and wisdom to declare 'there is no ? ' to be unsavory.

To be upset with a deity is one thing. but to proclaim there nonexistence because you can't perceive them is hubris.

To the original topic:

Shock Doctrine by Naomi Klein

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iW1SHPgUAQ&feature=related

• Loo.Loo
    Options
    @kat

I remember them saying they tested her for alcohol, i think they didn't find anything.

its just a very mysterious tragedy. worse part is how it spit the whole family.