Recommend some documentaries.

Comments

• VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I been on a documentary kick for the last year or so since only ? comes on tv.

Who killed the electric car? that ? will make you never want to buy a gallon of gas again.

Freakonomics This one is okay, the main thing I got from this one is that crime is lower in some places because abortion has been allowed for longer.

Omnivores Dilemma is also a good food one.

Korn King... is that the one about Manzano.... i swear Manzano is top 5 evilest companies on the planet. What they do should be above war crimes. I swear if they could prove that people are the way they are from eating their product, they'd make people slaves.

Monsanto definitely top 5 most evil companies, can't win against them in court because they have the best of the best in lawyers and these small time farmers can't afford to face them. ? is disgusting.
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Exodus Decoding
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEpZDhrnUOI

I had other ones I cant remember now!
  • VIBE
    I also wanna punch that ? dead in her face when she says " I've been on that bus... those kids are good as gold"

editing to make it look like it's about that, I doubt she actually said that about the kids on the bus

This movie is rated 'R' right? But it's being ? about to be made into a PG-13. While I believe all kids should see this, it's up to the parents to take them to an 'R' rated movie.
  • MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    VIBE wrote: »
    I also wanna punch that ? dead in her face when she says " I've been on that bus... those kids are good as gold"

editing to make it look like it's about that, I doubt she actually said that about the kids on the bus

This movie is rated 'R' right? But it's being ? about to be made into a PG-13. While I believe all kids should see this, it's up to the parents to take them to an 'R' rated movie.

That maybe true ... well I hope it is at least

There are alot of folks complaining about the R rating... I think it should be lowered to PG-13. Apparently it is R because of the language in it. I think the message this movie is sending out will do waaayyy more good than harm by hearing the word ? a few times.

All kids may not be able to afford to see the movie.... or have a parent that can take them.
  • The Prodigalson
    The Prodigalson Members, Writer Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find it Ironic how someone can watch the "incredible human machine" and still say that humans evolved from some ancient primordial ooze. You talk about suppressing the truth in unrighteousness! My goodness!

I find it ? up that apparently ? can make an "incredible human machine", but can't give simple rain water to poor areas where children under 5 are constantly dying from drinking contaminated waters. These countries can't even get the most plentiful liquid on earth without dying, without traveling hundreds of miles for a bucket, without being lied to by the sanitation companies, without having to have money (in which none have) to get water. Nothing these peope can do, yet ? exists and doesn't help? SMH.

How about your soul though? It's always "? didn't do this, why didn't ? do that" when it comes to excuses. It's pathetic.

when all is said and done what about the provisions ? has provided for you? Where is your thanks at? Those 5 year old kids will not be your crutch on the last day. You can hoot and holler all you want to about it right now, but what will happen when you come face to face with the one who gave you life?

Look brother the last thing I desire is to behold you on the last day with the "I told you so" face. My desire is for you to be reconciled back to Christ. Every thing else is just sheninagans. Give your life to Christ my friend! He loves you and desires to commune with you. Amen.

You're just a religious person and not a true Christian wit that attitude bruh.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anybody see Jesus Camp? that movie is on some cult ? ..
  • BelovedAfeni
    BelovedAfeni Members Posts: 8,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • BelovedAfeni
    BelovedAfeni Members Posts: 8,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • VIBE
    Shout out to the ones who said "Collapse", just finished it and I recommend it heavy. Cats like Chemix would like this one. It's deep, ? is an eye opener.
  • J-GUTTA
    J-GUTTA Members Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lou Cypher wrote: »

Yeah I saw that too. It's were they got the Camron gif

killa.gif
  • Lou Cypher
    J-GUTTA wrote: »
    Lou Cypher wrote: »

Yeah I saw that too. It's were they got the Camron gif

killa.gif

haha that ? wild.

Shout out to the ones who said "Collapse", just finished it and I recommend it heavy. Cats like Chemix would like this one. It's deep, ? is an eye opener.

That dude has been in a couple documentaries, mostly about the iran contra stuff, he was the agent that said the CIA was selling drugs for a long time. That ? had me paranoid. Brought up every alternative i could think of and disproved it. ? nuts..

• Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not really a documentary....but Goodbye Uncle Tom was a great movie about the transatlantic slave trade
  • VIBE
    Tapped, pretty good, lol @ all the uncomfortable questions the company representatives get and not knowing how to really answer.

If you want to know more about th plastics watch Plastic Planet.
  • Lou Cypher
    Also a documentary called Blue Gold. about the water wars.
  • VIBE
    I've seen Flow and Tapped so far, have Blue Gold in my Instant Queue
  • Bully_Pulpit
    Bully_Pulpit Members Posts: 5,501 ✭✭✭✭✭

your welcome I also recommend "house of numbers" I unno if its still on netflix though you can probably catch it on youtube though.

P.S check out mike rupperts(dude from collapse) book "crossing the rubicon" if you can that ? gots even more eye-opening ? to digest
  • Bully_Pulpit
    "? of the party"
    details the fallout of the OG black panthers and how that lead up to the formation of bloods & crips in L.A., its madd topical yo.......
  • Mr.Bocario
    Mr.Bocario Members Posts: 417 ✭✭✭
    vboy513 wrote: »
    Not really a documentary....but Goodbye Uncle Tom was a great movie about the transatlantic slave trade

Definately recommend this. Showed me slavery wasn't all about ? pickin cotton, but a pscychological mind ? of black americans
  • J-GUTTA
    J-GUTTA Members Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    If you have a channel called Current TV their going over the "top 50 documentaries you must see right now".
  • MeTaL
    MeTaL Members Posts: 6,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    This is an HBO doc. Where two inmates found a way to sneak a camcorder within the northern state prison in Newark NJ.

? is wild. They been taping ? for 6 months within the prison. and they show what these guards in the prison be doing to theses ? in the cells.. Starving them and clapping them hard.. I found the trailer and ending up finding part 1 of the ? .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAc_8NNIKgY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7x4KC1sbjOw&feature=related

• MeTaL
    Oh okay..thanks numbaz.

I can see the vids @ Metal..is it still on HBO on Demand?

Yeah.. All the HBO docs should be on there.. This is just only part one.. It gets worse after that.
  • MeTaL
    What's the name of it?

Exposing a hidden reality.
  • h deezy
    h deezy Members Posts: 26
    Dope thread. I got the next 2 days off so I'ma definitely check most of these out once I get off work today.
  • Bully_Pulpit
    2zntxfl.gif
    Just watched this on netflix last night and it was pretty good
    http://youtu.be/96tfNEVLlRE